Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jupiter Ascending is almost certainly going to be one of them, and Killer Workout aka Aerobicide is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Fatal Games and Death Spa are better but Killer Workout is probably funnier.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Flophouse drove me insane.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sleeveless posted:

Flophouse depresses me because they're these obnoxious unfunny guys and then they mention that they're professional comedy writers and they attended the Emmys and then you just die a little inside.

It's like listening to The Canon and them off-handedly mentioning voting in the academy awards or interviewing Guillermo del Toro for a blu-ray and realizing that these annoyong people with bad opinions have so much clout and lead such interesting lives because of it.

I really, really want to like The Canon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MisterBibs posted:

I don't think his plan was to kill all the children. Just enough to scare the poo poo out of the rest.

His plan was to kill plenty of children.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
No doubt that would be James Bond Jr.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

James Bond Jr., James's "nephew".

I forget how this was addressed in the show, if I ever even knew.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FistEnergy posted:

After stumbling across this thread recently I decided to try out WHM, and after 5 or 6 episodes I'm loving it and it's my new favorite podcast. I just finished Blame It On Rio and I laughed so hard and so often that my stomach actually started to hurt!

Blame It On Rio and Babycakes are my two favorite episodes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sean10mm posted:

I love how much they genuinely HATED those two movies. :allears:

I feel like they do their best work when it makes you curious what watching this movie could possibly be like. Stuff like Wild In The Streets, Easy Rider 2, HOTS, that sort of thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Easy Rider 2 is the ultimate gently caress you sequel, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Have you seen it?

Two times. It defies description.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ror posted:

You can say what you want about Easy Rider 2 but I definitely remember the skies being crystal blue on 9/11.

It was a different America.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JT Smiley posted:

I remember being pumped for Robocop with a jet pack as a kid, only to be bored to tears when I actually saw it. How do you make Robocop versus ninja cyborgs boring?

Same way the book of madlibs manages to collect dust after about a day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Burning is too good to do on WHM.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TetsuoTW posted:

You're loving crazy if you think Foodfight was "too boring to make an episode of".

It's one of their best, too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Bogus Journey owns.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wish I could remember how I found WHM because I've been listening to it since the second episode. It's one of the most consistently funny shows I've heard.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

Same here. I literally have no idea where I heard of it (I think it might've been on the AV Club), but I listened from episode 3/4 onwards, back when they were a lot shorter. I miss them using licensed music.

I still have a bunch of those and I'm amazed they got to like 90-odd episodes. I assumed it was because it was only snippets.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ouch.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's about whether or not Johnny Depp is turtley enough for the turtle club.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sleeveless posted:

Mary Sue is one of those terms that has been so diluted by over-use/people projecting their own weird issues on it that these days it basically means "protagonist I don't like"

And Luke Skywalker is way more of a Mary Sue anyways, he's even named after the author for gleep-glop's sake!

George Luke S.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lady Naga posted:

That's not what a Mary Sue is.

He's referring to the character having self-insert traits.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Blame it on Rio.

Blame it on Rio is easily one of my top 5 favorite episodes because there's just so much to talk about in the movie itself.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Indolent Bastard posted:

Are there any of their old pre iTunes episodes that are specifically worth checking out?

To add to the list, presuming iTunes starts around 100:

Invisible Child
Free Enterprise
Deadly Friend
Halloween III
Hider In The House
No Retreat, No Surrender
976-EVIL
Gone Fishin'
Wired: The Return

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Don't forget the Ewok movies!

Yeah, when they all spontaneously decide they kind of like the second one is really funny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Grapplejack posted:

I'm a big fan of One Magic Christmas because the movie is loving insane and they're flabbergasted the entire time that it exists and is as horrible as it is.

One Magic Christmas is the one with Harry Dean Stanton as the archangel Gabriel, right?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rahonavis posted:

Stanton plays one of the Christmas Angels who, we learn, are people who died around Christmas and they all work for Santa. This is one of the less distressing aspects of this Disney Christmas movie.

The mom in it could not possibly be more put upon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The whiny, childish husband is really the cherry on top. She should get him evaluated, he doesn't comprehend their situation at all.

I love that her ray of sunshine was a drat hot shower. You don't see too many Christmas movies about crushing poverty.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hilarious how you always hear that the other way around.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's like Lupin the 3rd in that way.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sleeveless posted:

Chasing Ghosts is way better in terms of sheer cringe. The dude who collects pinup art and has one scene that's like a two minute cut of him unwrapping and proudly displaying a painting of a woman fingering herself is just the most awkward thing.

That part made me burst out laughing because I wasn't expecting it at all, even with what I knew about that guy up until that moment.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I think they were trying to do a modern version of a madcap 60s comedy, but hosed up by forgetting to put in jokes

Also, why would you want to replicate the least funny time in Hollywood history?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Nick Swardson is the perfect example of a guy who actively repels audiences.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, Green Lantern and lightsabers are both borrowed from the Lensmen novels, which are from the early 50's at least.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ravenkult posted:

They liked Halloween 2 (the remake) over Lords of Salem?

You can keep it.

I can see the argument either way. They really liked LOS, from what I recall.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lords of Salem is a good movie, and Sheri Moon is good in it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
1. Easy Rider 2
2. Blame It On Rio
3. The Butterfly Effect

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Some episodes of the show are good because of the impressions. Others because of the bizarre scenarios the guys make up for the characters. Blame It on Rio is good because of the extreme moral outrage and disgust. They get hopping mad like in no other episode over a movie no one has ever seen.

It stays on track the whole time because there's so much to talk about. Those are my favorite episodes, Wild In The Streets, Wired (which is amazing for such an early episode) and Deadly Friend are great examples of that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think the popularity of Blame It On Rio is a truly insane movie with a lot of incident, a lot of trivia, but most importantly, a long running impression that goes back to like the first 10 episodes (look out ya silly cow!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ravenkult posted:

I don't know what happend to The Flophouse, but it's unlistable at this point. It's just really bad jokes with no connection to the movie.

It's been like that for at least 3-4 years.