Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

GrandpaPants posted:

Jupin's McDonald's story was hilarious.

Also surprised that Fassbender was that one dude. His and Butler's career trajectories sure diverged a whole hell of a lot.

I would've guessed that Fassbender would have been the guy doing romantic comedies, not action movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What if Mads Mikkelsen has just secretly wanted to be the lead in a romantic comedy his whole career

He'd do wonderfully.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I cant wait until the Chinese are funding and exporting blockbusters into western mainstream culture depicting Hordes of literally disfigured and bestial Gingers and pale white ghost devil men invading various spaces like a human plague. See how easy it is to turn your brain off
I guess they already are & they blow but it'll be fun in like 2050 telling triggered white dudes to just chill cuz it's a coooooooomic booooook brooo duuuuude

If you think an aggressively nationalist Chinese action movie would be a new development, I got some shocking news for you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

yeah hence my realization that they're already around and kinda suck. By 2050 though maybe we'll get a good Chinese 300.
Maybe something about the Boxer Rebellion?

Are you serious? Chinese and Taiwanese directors have made dozens and dozens of great (though chauvinist) action films, epics, etc.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ip Man gets pretty crazy but Fists of Fury AKA THE CHINESE CONNECTION is the one I always think of.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have this theory that goons make up more of the audience for Bayformers and David Cage games than they know, due entirely to perverse hatewatching.

It takes so much work to appreciate David Cage, at that point you could stop lying to yourself and just admit you like it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm surprised Wired doesn't come up on their "worst movies ever" list. It's offensively horrible.

Great episode, too, still one of their best.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

END ME SCOOB posted:

Me. These things are in the same category of hilarious trainwreck as Resident Evil for me.

The Resident Evil movies take way way longer to get interesting. The series is worthess until like, the fourth one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

I know that Eric sometimes stops in here so I gotta take this opportunity where I can:

Book of Henry - Worst of 2017

PLEASE

That bad huh.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

I loved it. It's loving insane. Room level of how did someone let this get made.

When I saw the trailer I knew it would make me uncomfortable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

He's right, and the skew put on it by the right-wing tabloid TMZ is shameless.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Can't watch with audio. Does Shia mean it in an ACAB way? Like the guy's a traitor?

Pretty much. No cop is your friend.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vakal posted:

I'm not up on the current state of New York drug culture. Does Steve have to cruise the back alleys of New York for dealers or can you just use an app like SkipTheDishes to get someone to hand deliver the stuff?

He's white.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I pretty much only listen to the mailbags.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

And the best Rambo movie?!?!?

Second best but who's counting really.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gyges posted:

Virtually every character who had decent significance to the plot was clearly drawn as a celebrity. It's been a long rear end time since I read it, but aside from the aforementioned leads of Halle Berry(in a catwoman costume no less) and Eminem I can only remember that Gene Hackmen was also used. Keep in mind this isn't a case of oh, yeah, I can see how those characters look like a celebrity. It was drat near photoshop filters of famous people's faces at times.

Also this is the exact same reason Samuel L. Jackson is Nick Fury.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

duz posted:

Except Marvel actually asked first since SLJ is a comic nerd.

Meaning they asked his permission before his depiction in the Ultimates?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

No, he was always black in the Ultimate Universe. This is his first appearance:

God this just screams 2002.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"Widescreen" comics with bored yuppie dialogue.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

I am honestly surprised there hasn't been a Wayne's World 3 yet.

Neither guy is hurting for money and both probably know it's likely their legacy on film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He looks like Andy Warhol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It looks like something may be going on with Blame It On Outer Space...