Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've been cherry-picking episodes of movies I've seen, and these are great. Started with the Friday the 13th movies, for obvious reasons, and listened to a handful more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Hard Target one sold me on the movie itself. I didn't know until the podcast that, that movie was the movie that spawned the "Wilford Brimley on a horse riding away from an explosion.gif"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

e X posted:

:allears:

That's going to be amazing. It's next to Bad Lieutenant maybe the most Nick Cage-iest of his movies.

It's got Nic Cage doing an impression of John Travolta doing a Nic Cage impression. One of the best movies ever.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

User-Friendly posted:

The Louie Anderson impression gets me every time, especially in The Day After Tomorrow and Cat's Eye episodes.

There is an entire Animation Domination episode on Life With Louie. If you haven't listened to it. Listen to it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ravenkult posted:

Is there any software or website I can use to be informed of when new episodes come out (I listen to a few). iTunes is not cutting it.

Their Facebook page?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BlameSpacePod posted:

Ugh, those WHM knuckleheads with their ads. You know, I doubt they'd go that far again. I bet they know to reign it in now. I doubt they can even pay their bills. Sad.

:aaaaa:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, Bo was a freak athlete, and who knew at the time that his career would be cut short from injuries.

e: also this:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I knew it!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, Christopher Lloyd...

My guess is Suburban Commando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s

(I don't care if it was released in October, this is right up their alley)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Camp Nowhere

:hellyeah:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A Meat posted:

sip some ice-cold Surge,

Don't mind if I do...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That was my favorite AD in a long time. I never watched DuckTales past the opening theme, so I never knew that he was supposed to be Scottish, or even that "Scottish = cheap" was a thing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They're baaaaaaack.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

gently caress. Yes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BigglesSWE posted:

Did they say that It'd be a movie starring Jim Carrey specifically? I'm thinking Ace Ventura jr (3) would be fun otherwise

They never do a "bait & switch" and when they give the clue of a specific actor, he is in the movie. Usually in a starring role.

The first thing that popped into my head was Number 23, as mentioned.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Team up = Bride of Chucky ?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

bobkatt013 posted:

Jason v Freddy

YES

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I have to do an internship next semester. Anybody know a forwarding address for the Trickster so I could send my resume?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm glad you all slam dunk'd that home.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"So, he's dead." -- one of the greatest "back on track" statements of all time.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It was brought up earlier in the thread about who in the group likes Friday the 13th, and at least a couple do. Andrew has the boxsets and mentioned having/reading one of the Friday the 13th novels, and (Eric, I think) said he had a mask and also a shirt.

I wish I lived closer to NY, so I could go to this festival.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sleeveless posted:

I don't actually listen to it, but there's a podcast called Risk that encourages people to sign up for risk-free trials using promo code RISK

I've made the joke that I'm sure you could use any non vulgar 4-letter word and have it be a promo code for FanDuel/DraftKings.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Random question: What is the story behind "clink clink clink"

Or, what movie did it spawn so I can learn myself?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox24/

This is an article about Robocop 3 and what could have happened had Frank Miller made the movie unchecked. Based around the RoboCop comic that came out around that time. It's a very interesting read.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Illinois Smith posted:

Guess I'm gonna watch a Bill & Ted movie for the first time in 15 years!

My fiancee wanted to watch this movie tonight, completely out of the blue. It worked out, so now I'll have this movie fresh in my mind when I listen to this week's podcast.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Something that I thought of while watching the movie... Were they trying to make "STATION" the next "Cowabunga" catchphrase? Was it already a thing during that time?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The first one I listened to was Rocky IV, but I started listening roughly 1 year ago. I think in the past year I've listened to almost all episodes starting at 100. Maybe about half of the ones before 100.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Frank Welker voiced this post.

And made $70,000

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"So, he's dead."

Said as casually and matter of fact as possible.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, they announced a few weeks ago that this is Star Wars week, and that they were re-releasing the Holiday Special first, then doing AOTC, doing an Episode 3 commentary, and maaaybe something else?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

You know what, you can keep it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

starry skies above posted:

i don't know if i am being mocked

Nope. Just letting you know in case you didn't.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Great episode this week, and a great commentary for Episode III

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Illinois Smith posted:

Elan Sleazebaggano

Hearing Andrew's reaction to finding out that guy's name for the first time, it was like Christmas.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Does it work as a listen with out the movie?

It does in some parts, because they are talking about Star Wars things. But they laugh at things that happen on screen, that unless you have the movie memorized, you don't know what they are laughing at, or what they are referring to when they go "look at that" or whatever. Plus there are moments where there are like 4-5 seconds of silence because they are either listening to dialog or there is nothing to comment on.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, they mentioned that they are going to be covering The Entourage Movie for the first of the Worst of 2015, starting in January.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In case you have never seen it, or want to see it again, Hard Target is on MAXGO (Cinemax version of HBOGO). It was the first WHM that made me want to see the movie they covered.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BlameSpacePod posted:

No. We all started the episode knowing John Carpenter had been approached though. Source: I was there.

Well, welcome back to the forums.

I listened to the Hard Target episode again last night after watching the movie, and there were at least 3 separate times I was crying from laughter. The best is the part where Wilford Brimley finds out who (what race) is directing Hard Target.

WHUT?!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Heh, if you guys don't normally listen to the Mailbag episodes, this week is a good one. The 2nd letter is a doozy. Also, the 3rd letter was sent from a goon.

Also, BlameSpacePod, in regards to the stairs thing in the 3rd letter -- In case you don't know, the phrase "You have stairs in your house" is a nod to the forums "secret handshake" of people asking other forums users outside of the forums "Do you have stairs in your house?" and the 2nd person replying "I am protected." It's silly, I know.

e: pre-emptive, trap sprung?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Never once. I just know about it. Maybe the supergoons actually do it.