Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Twitter isn’t a good metric because fuckin weirdos that get way more exposure than they deserve use Twitter and not that many people actually use it compared to say Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know what kids use since I’m old but I’m pretty sure it ain’t Tiktok since old people caught on either.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Son in law is a good movie I don’t give a poo poo what anyone thinks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re kinda bad about their live show stuff. Like I get being exclusive for attendance but being so secretive about when live shows will come out if ever is fuckin bad and weird. Ticket sales aren’t gonna suffer just because you’ll be able to listen to it later.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That spoiler sounds fuckin great.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know but they’re the most bland rear end people. I listened to retronauts a little bit and they have like no personality.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

bobservo posted:

I think they're handsome and witty, especially that Bob Mackey fellow

I’m glad you’re getting paid to do what you like. Wish I could.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Besides Angelica I like Ben when he’s on but like most guests they don’t really add much cause it’s hard to stuff more people into the podcast when you already have 4 funny people trying to get their poo poo in.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think that tidbit perfectly encapsulates who Cabin is.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At least you’re probably not sitting around a bunch of people making such deranged decisions.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Like all those titty movies they’re just a product of their time. The first one was a cultural touchstone but it doesn’t hold up at all today. Like Angelica, my parents showed me Porkys way too young, that thing didn’t hold up even then but you could see why people liked it when it came out. I guess you could probably say that about most comedies though. Everyone wouldn’t shut up about that time at band camp.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Like Angelica, I’ve seen all the main line ones and let me tell you reunion is the absolute most desperate dreadful attempt to make anyone care about that franchise after like a decade it was relevant. I don’t remember anything about it except they all just looked old and sad.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe they can choose not to take on lovely ad companies now. Actually having to pretend to use better help is kinda gross.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She’s good in doses but I think she’d get on my nerves if she was there all the time. I think she gets too high when she’s on.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They clocked it right by saying the prequels should not have focused on Vader. And especially not had a little shitboy play him in the first movie. I remember seeing phantom menace in theaters and being disappointed, it definitely wasn’t the kind of experience people got with the OT. Was a little confused on how much leeway they gave all the cgi in that movie, all those prequels had bad green screen through most of the runtimes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I watched all the prequels again a few years ago. They’re still mostly boring dogshit. I just can’t believe Lucas became so successful when all his successes came from people telling him to shut the gently caress up.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve had trouble with pocket casts using premium feeds so I just use overcast for my premium stuff.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder why they don’t try to do interviews with industry people? I’m sure they have enough clout to pull in some c listers at the very least.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Only one way to find out.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I like to think he’s just playing the part now. Just like how he’s run pretending to read a book into the ground when he’s introduced during the on screens.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just show him the movie, Jesus. It’s not like it’s Zoo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They do better with movies that aren’t just historical prestige watches. I thought the Psycho episode was kinda bland but there’s a lot of funny stuff you can do with Beetlejuice.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m planning on watching it sometime but 65 sounded FINE.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I feel like they talked about Oppenheimer a bunch for an on screen they did. Don’t know how much they can really drag out of it other than what they already did.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They could have done it a bunch of ways that actually work good but they decided to go the route of grinding their CGI studios to dust instead and now they have one movie coming out this year and nothing slated for who knows how long. I like how it took a couple years of movies tanking to make them re assess their decisions.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Despite what they may want you to think, I believe the last couple Saw movies have made them fans of the franchise and they don’t want to admit it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Because he brings in big numbers. I like some of his stuff but I agree he needs someone to reign in some of his more over the top tendencies. Kinda like some other guy that has good ideas but should not be left to is own devices, lookin at you George Lucas.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I can hope they just do a couple of 2 and a half men instead of melro210.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Besides, even a small budget film can pay an artist for some work. It’s not gonna break the bank.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Have they said what they’re doing with Nexus after TOS ends in a couple months? Just doing TNG?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope they just drop any specific long running tv show. There can be some good stuff but Star Trek and Melro210 is like the least entertaining content they make for me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eric would die having to watch that much icky animated stuff.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eric’s a goon, he should love cartoons/anime.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Pretty sure I’ve hard him mention goon stairs before, he’s a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was fun for a while but when it started pandering to an invisible crowd it was a little much. So basically as long as it was to dunk on Cabin it was fine.