Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Bolek posted:

I've gotten into listening to this podcast because of this thread, so thanks!

I've checked out around 15 so far and my favorites were the Planet of The Apes where it was non stop Wahlberg impressions, Day After Tomorrow, which had already been talked about, and the most recent one which made me want to watch (and subsequently despise) Sabotage. NEEECK!!

I'd like to return the favor by recommending another podcast: Yeah, It's That Bad. It's a very fast paced (due to the editing) well formatted, really funny show with 3(occasionally 2) close friends who have great chemistry and infectious laughter.

Apparently some rear end in a top hat decided to dox them sometime last year so the show is over, but luckily every episode has been archived and should be available. The show has a bunch of inside jokes and only gets funnier the more you listen however I just jumped in the middle and started with movies I wanted to hear about and wasn't disappointed. Any eps after about 30 you should be good. Highly recommended.

Yeah, it's that bad was a fantastic podcast-just three friends bullshitting with each other. The YITB format for discussing the movie is probably still one of my favorites, keeping the discussion mostly on the movie at hand, but with plenty of opportunities for lunatic exaggerations. The Amityville Horror, Number 23 and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are must listens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

Wait, that's why they suddenly closed up shop out of nowhere? What's the story behind that?

It unfolds in the last two podcasts. They cryptically mentioned that the show may be coming to an end depending on what happened in the next week and for the next show they revealed that somebody had revealed their personal information which due to them being regular guys with a healthy work/home separation wasn't info they wanted to get out there. So they thanked everyone for listening and used the last show as kind of a wrap up to say their goodbyes and reflect on the experience of watching all of those movies. I think they realized it wasn't something they wanted to do forever and this greatly accelerated the process. It's a drat shame, because it was my absolute favorite movie pod.

The Flop House and WHM does help to fill the role of "People from New Jersey/New York who are funny and watch awful movies". Just listened to WHM's Timecop and it's a new favorite.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 29, 2015