Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Little Stevie is my favorite recurring character

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONESH ISH GONNA PLAY TWO-FACSH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Here's a fun challenge: see how long you can watch this scene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKeFqMLWRs

"Do You Love Me" is right up there with "Good Lovin'" with being the most family-sitcom-y "rock" songs ever made.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So is Richard Cinemax III the evil mob boss that Eric Movies keeps butting up against, but neither is able to take the other one out?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

We Hate Movies owns and the Abraxus episode is a drat masterpiece. Secundus
Follow that up with the Hamburger: The Motion Picture episode for the return of Ventura/Abraxis.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Scratchman Apoo posted:

The best line in the Hamburger episode was this.

"That's why you haven't heard of this movie. It's been buried by progress."

I know people laugh at that, but the movie really is that bad. The only black character literally spends all but the last three minutes of the movie in full-on prisoner arm-and-leg chains.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ravenkult posted:

What are some good episodes? I've listened to Mortal Kombat, Dreamcatcher and a few others.

Ghostbusters II, Men In Black II, Tuff Turf, Pray for Death, and Butterfly Effect are all great.

e: oh yeah, and Halloween 3, with the adventures of Tom Atkins, the ninja of drinking.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You shtole mah story.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love "Wild In The Streets" because it's all about the fear of what would happen if teenagers get political power, while having less than a teenager's understanding of how the government works.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Loverboy was one of those movies that was on heavy rotation on Cinemax in the late 80s/very early 90s.

Basically you could turn on Cinemax at any point in that era and have a 50% chance of getting an 80's sex comedy with an animated opening.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't mention the voice-over montage at the end where the wives go and bail the Ex-Husband Squad out of jail and they forgive each other for the cheating and neglect, all their love for each other rekindled thanks to the infidelity and near-murder.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So what you're saying is that Martin J. Cinemax III DID approve this movie.

Maybe to just fill time since there's no breasts and only one actual "sex" scene.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

User-Friendly posted:

Next week is definitely Teen Witch 2, right?

Top that!

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who, when hearing "rap break", immediately thinks "Teen Witch".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I still like the idea of Eric Movies being a hard-boiled noir Hollywood scrpit detective. and Martin Cinemax III being the sleazy "honest businessman" who's really a crime lord Eric keeps running up against but can never pin anything on.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lola's hilarious because on top of being furry bait she's also pretty much a textbook badly-written "Strong Female Character". She's tough! She's capable! She don't take no guff off nobody! She can do GUY THING well even though she's a GIRL! Yeah she still needs a guy but it's on HER terms! We're also going to show you all these points in detail, possibly with a male character pointing them out for the audience, so people get it.

Whenever I see a character like that, all I can picture is the screenwriter leaning back with a self-satisfied grin and saying "take that, sexism!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how offended Andrew seemed to be at the very notion of cartoon characters getting along with each other when not "performing".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Croisquessein posted:

That was great, but they justified it pretty well by comparing it with Rodger Rabbit, which establishes an off-screen world where toons are just performers and have their own personal lives, whereas the Looney Toons don't have any such world established, they just interrupt the broadcast for more importan poo poo.

:goonsay:
That's actually the new Loony Tunes cartoon; Bugs and Daffy and everyone just live in the 'burbs. It's about as funny as you'd expect.

Oh, and Lola's in it too, but then changed her from "tough girl" to "airhead stalker".

Mojo Threepwood posted:

That was a fantastic episode, I especially liked the Cookie Monster and slavery parts. I was so glad when Steve was naming his starting roster and got to four players, then there was a tangent, he made sure to finish the list and name his fifth player.
I was so confused when Steve of all people started rattling off basketball stats like they were the most obvious thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5njG8ikvo

Jose Oquendo posted:

Sometimes I get nostalgic and wonder why NBC stopped airing Saturday morning cartoons. Then I listened to that and remember why.

The 80's were an amazing time for cartoons because they were only on Saturday mornings and they'd make a cartoon out of anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kr3jMhz47E

Anything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't listened to the WHM episode on this yet, but holy poo poo I can't believe I remember this. Like a jolt to the memory.

I love that they got Jordan and Gretsky, arguably the greatest their respective sports ever saw, and with Bo Jackson (who was great, don't get me wrong), mainly because they could get two sports stars for the price of one.

"We need stars from basketball, hockey, football, and baseball, but 4 stars is gonna be expensive...wait...I have an idea..."

They actually do make that observation, too.

e: although they really didn't :airquote:get:airquote: Jordan.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

By that, I meant that I assume they had to somehow acquire likeness rights?

That's about all they got. He doesn't provide a voice or appear in the live-action intro.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The New Kids On The Block were the ones who had their own cartoon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

As much as I can't stand the Nostalgia Critic, his review of it covers most of the main talking points about how Master of Disguise is pretty much nega-comedy and why Dana Carvey is loving terrible and needs to be stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRk3XXlXsKQ

e: Short form is that Carvey is basically in love with his own silly voices and non-characters, and thinks he is still high-larious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

So in The Lost World episode, they quickly mention that Dennis Nedry was either Hammond's son or nephew. What? Was that a thing? I always assumed he was a contractor, hence the line, "Get Nedry's people on the phone." Was this actually mentioned in the movie and I've just never noticed it? Or something from the book?
He's not related to Hammond, he just works at the park.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Love Guru, Master of Disguise , Wayne's World marathon.

It was nice knowing you.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If you can watch a Master of Disguise/Love Guru/Corky Romano marathon you can get into heaven for free. You get the pass.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like to think the guys are reading this thread and going, "poo poo, they're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't they?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was actually thinking Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey just so they could put a button on all the "STATION!" callbacks.

Which they haven't done in a while, now that I think of it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

I always want to call in a movie but never do. I just think there's so many rolling around in my head to choose from that I can't settle on one. My current draft pic is this gem from my childhood days of watching late night Cinemax hoping to see a boob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSbk9Vn5eCU

I kinda want them to do this one just so I can hear their reaction to Seth Green's hairdo.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that the guys' go-to robot voice is Mr. Butlertron.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm not all the way through the episode yet, but when they started talking about what would really be going on at a camp without any adults or supervision, I'm surprised none of the guys mentioned Summer Camp Nightmare, which is about a camp where the kids take over, tie up the counselors (and I think the camp owner gets shot), and go all Lord of the Flies. It's like a House Arrest/Camp Nowhere thing but waaaaaaaaaaaaay darker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo33mjBebPI

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm kind of stunned at their concencus that Red Heat is Walter Hill's worst movie. I've seen almost all of his films, and I'd place it, at worst, middle of the pack. Man's made some awesome movies, but he's made some really crap ones, too. Last Man Standing, Another 48 Hours, and Johnny Handsome jump immediately to mind.

I was loving shocked when I found out this was the same guy who directed The Warriors, Streets of Fire, and 48 Hours. The swing in the quality of his films is mind-boggling.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

At least he had a pretty impressive list of credits after the Mannequin movies; you'd think those would have been the kiss of death for his career.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So am I the only one who's actually seen Son of the Mask? I didn't see it in theaters, but it was on cable a lot.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I have to admit I love how the guys had almost zero reaction to Ben Stein getting his face pulled off and stuck on a wall and presumably left there forever, but freaked at the cartoon-ish body horror stuff in Space Jam. Especially since the CG (and actor/CG transition) in Space Jam is so bad they might has well have had Wayne Knight walk off-camera and have the CG version of him dragged onscreen by a mouse cursor.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, we're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't we?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just got to the point of the episode where the baby is doing all the shapeshift-y stuff.

Am I the only person who doesn't find that stuff disturbing or horrific? Am I missing something?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I did check some clips on YouTube since it's been a long time; there's a few "make a sudden weird-rear end face right up in the fisheye lens" shots with the baby, but those feel like they were going more for a jump scare thing than anything else.

And holy poo poo they weren't kidding that this movie loving loves that fisheye lens.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's not every day you get to see someone talking sideways.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

I think I might request Lifetime's Taken For Ransom.

Woman loses her son, becomes an alcoholic, gets kidnapped, bonds with fellow kidnappee who reminds her of her son, makes an escape where her surrogate son dies and she kills 3 people, finds out that her husband and Tia Carrere orchestrated the kidnapping.

Only it turns out that instead of an affair between Tia Carrere and her husband, it was actually psychiatric therapy to get her to get over her dead son. Nobody actually died and all that super trauma fixed all her problems! Awww, how sweet, and they lived happily ever after.

What.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Gawdahmoot

Gawdahmawh. There we go, ready to play a Cajun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Was that the one where Tom Berenger's character's internal monologue has long stretches of being nothing but telling himself to not kill every person he met? Because that was great.

:ohdear: DON'T KILL THEM DON'T KILL THEM DON'T KILL THEM :ohdear:

I think that was The Substitute.