Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
After stumbling across this thread recently I decided to try out WHM, and after 5 or 6 episodes I'm loving it and it's my new favorite podcast. I just finished Blame It On Rio and I laughed so hard and so often that my stomach actually started to hurt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Great, great The Watcher episode.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Haven't seen BvS, legit excited for tomorrow.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The Wizard?!? Thank the Lord, it's an episode to get me excited again!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
lotta movies lately I don't care about. bummer

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The Firm is their best episode in a while IMO. Very funny, especially the Brimley impersonations. They've been doing a lot of movies I don't care about recently, but this one was very good.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

jojoinnit posted:

To be fair, the last two main feed eps were also almost a full 10 mins before the main theme even kicked in. I don't care much because they put the background music correctly so I can skip to find it but I've definitely noticed the increased length of pre-ep stuff lately.

I was just about to post this. Intro creep is starting to get pretty annoying. 3-5 minutes, okay, but pushing 10 minutes?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I guess I should rewatch Batman Returns? I haven't seen it in probably 20 years and I recall thinking it was pretty average. I remember the McDonald's merch more than the movie. All of the guys were raving about it in the episode so I'll have to revisit it.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Man. I love this podcast but they haven't covered a movie I cared about since Wrath of Khan in August :smith:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Really good episodes lately, but holy crap the commercial breaks are running wild. 6+ minutes at the top of the show and multiple 3+ minute breaks per episode really throws off my drive time vibe. The most commercials of any podcast I subscribe to, by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Oh man, The Fugitive is one of my favorite movies and I was hoping they'd do an episode on it someday. Unfortunately it's a premium episode and I cancelled a few years ago because less of their selections have interested me in recent years. The niche stuff and animated stuff don't interest me. Oh well.