Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Yeah, it's that bad was a fantastic podcast-just three friends bullshitting with each other. The YITB format for discussing the movie is probably still one of my favorites, keeping the discussion mostly on the movie at hand, but with plenty of opportunities for lunatic exaggerations. The Amityville Horror, Number 23 and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are must listens.

I thought it was only an okay podcast until they started mainly doing the paid requests and then the quality went way down and it became unlistenable. But I also think you'd have to be a real rear end in a top hat to try to shut someone down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

weekly font posted:

The weird editing of YiTB turned me off. It's super noticeable and unnatural. Still not the worst bad movie podcast I've heard (that's The Filmsack). I do feel terrible that some shitlord shut them down for no reason.

I just thought they weren't funny and their "running gags" were painful. But it's not as bad as Proudly Resents which I found to be just plain awful.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

There's a new mailbag out! This one needs the same neon-on-bricks We Hate Movies Nights logo that they proposed for Blame it on Rio.

Well, I'm horrified. If you haven't listened yet, no matter how bad you think the first two letters are, it gets so much worse.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Anyway, I find their review of Wild in the Streets hilarious. Something about the way they say "babies."

Wild in the Streets is my favorite, too. At least until they pick another movie that I call in with for a viewer request month (I've got a great idea for pranking them the next time the phone lines open...).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

Wait, you mean there's something weird about having random socks mailed to you every month?

Hold on, I'm off to register boxosox.com.

Edit: gently caress. Well, there goes that business idea.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

I'm A big Woo nerd and, yeah, his US efforts are all below the standards set by his Hong Kong releases. If anyone here has never seen any, I can't recommend enough that you track down The Killer, Hard Boiled and A Better Tomorrow. Bullet in the Head is also classic, but set aside a solid block of time to get real sad - it's depressing for a Woo film, which is like being extra salty by the standards of rock salt.

A Better Tomorrow is cool, but I think the sequel has better action if that's what you're looking for in a John Woo movie.

I just came across Last Hurrah for Chivalry last night and I'm planning on watching it this evening.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

When do they do their Listener Request Month? I want them to do Punisher: War Zone.

They do them a bit randomly, but I'd expect the next one will be after the summer blockbuster month(s).

And JP2 took a well respected and beloved movie, and then flushed it. JP3 is just another bland adventure movie.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Hey, the more people call it in, the more likely they are to do it. :v:

I kind of hope this is not the case because I want to get a whole lot of people to call in and ask for a movie that they'll never do, and if they did select it I'd feel kind of bad for preventing someone else not getting their suggestion in.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darthemed posted:

What other movies do people have in mind for the next stretch of call-ins, besides the later output from everyone involved in Wayne's World?

Pulgasari. They'll never do it, but after the dust up around The Interview it's just got to be called in.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Oh lord, they interviewed Albert Pyun? That must have been... interesting, to say the least. I can't imagine him as anything other than a slightly nicer Uwe Boll.

I suspect that Pyun has a bit more self-awareness than Boll. Pyun is a sleazier Roger Corman to Boll's jumped up Ed Wood.

Actually, now that I think about it, "sleezier Roger Corman" is Russ Myers. So Pyun is a sleezier Russ Myers and that's an accomplishment worth celebrating.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Man, 1997 was kind of a lovely year for blockbusters. [...]Kull the Conqueror[...]

I wouldn't call a Kevin Sorbo movie dumped on the unsuspecting public a "blockbuster", or even an attempted one.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

sean10mm posted:

What's better, Krull or Kull the Conqueror?

Krull, by a mile. Kull is boring.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I just kind of want to know how Chris got a cut that included that deleted scene.

I mean, even if he torrented it, who would put the deleted scenes back in?

It could have been an international version. Something like a Canadian cut with scenes too racy for real Americans. And when it comes to Son of the Mask, I doubt anyone cares enough to practice strict control on the versions of the film they're licensing out.

The reason IMDB lacked information on alternate versions is because no one is going to admit to watching Son of the Mask twice to note the differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's not every day you get to see someone talking sideways.

Be kind. He was so blinded by rage at the suggestion that The Mask is a bad movie that he had a stroke on the spot.

The Mask is a bad movie, BTW.