Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

xzoto1 posted:

I don't want to derail my own thread, but a few people mentioned The Flophouse and I've listened to over a dozen episodes so far. I actually listen to it on my way to work. While funny, they never really delve into the plot. I feel like I need to see the movie prior to listening. The problem with that is the fact that I have to watch lovely movies. WHM elaborates on the plot to the point that after listening to an episode I feel like I actually watched the movie.

Also, The Flophouse should be called "The Elliot Kalan Show".

The point has been brought up repeatedly that its a comedy podcast that is just buds bullshitting about a movie, not a movie podcast that happens to include comedy. You aren't alone, because they bring it up whenever they start getting a bunch of emails about it, but its just a weird thing to me. I mean, do you really need to watch Foodfight to laugh at a tin-tin joke or nazi/furry jokes?

I guess I can understand the Elliott Kalan thing since he generally does the comedy synopsis. Its kind of how I think Jason Mantzoukas seems like a cool enough dude outside of when hes performing (like on HDTGM or whatever that tv show about fantasy football is) but on there he and whoever the other guy are just come off obnoxious.

I figure I'll give these fellows a couple shots, what would you all recommend? Are they all really 1 1/1 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU