Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

That show was famous for basically being fixed. Every once in a blue moon, they'd let kids actually win, but for the most part they just straight up couldn't. What's that? You guys are making it far into the temple? Boom, random guard bursts out of the wall and you're screwed. If they decided ahead of time you were going to lose, they had 10 different ways of making it happen. Wins were extremely rare, and just there so kids would think they had a chance. They didn't.

Now I want to see a remake of Quiz Show but it's about Nickelodeon rigging all their shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

I'm sorry that happened to any one unfortunate enough to be fooled by such an obviously terrible animation block. MxC was the only halfway decent thing to come out of SpikeTV.

Right you are, Ken.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

The animation for Gary the Rat is worse than I remember. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lQ_wM-h7o

2003, the year everyone thought animating in Flash was a great idea.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

This was a really bland episode huh

Honestly Chill Factor is a really bland movie, i'm surprised they got anything out of it. The only good part comes at the end when they get to the tunnel.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm pretty hype for Final Destination because that whole series loving sucks.

What up, fellow Final Destination hater :hfive:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

What was the other Die Hard movie they did? I thought it was Live Free.

No that was A Good Day to Die Hard

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Diedrich Bader deserved better

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

Live Free or Die Hard has the most baffling dialog change I've ever seen in a director's cut.

[Scene: McClane drives a car into a helicopter]

Mac kid: Did you just drive a car into a helicopter??

McClane in the theatrical cut: Ran outta bullets. (this is a perfectly John McClane thing to say)

McClane in the director's cut: There are so and so many thousands of automobile deaths as a result of accident or negligence in the contiguous United States every year and that was another two, or something (what the gently caress)

The end credits to The Other Guys, only it's about auto safety.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

It still baffles me that they prefer Die Hard 4 to 5.

4 wasn't written by Skip Woods, maybe that's it :shrug:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

I'd settle for a soundboard of their mario hoho heehees, kirby bwaoooms, and other sound effects.

Would pair well with their gif collection.

Or a Jupin LPs the latest Zelda game with the boys providing live power hour commentary.

Michael Caine doing tutorials and SFX is practically a soundboard on its own.

"Look out here comes Birdo. <Baow>. <Baow>."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

END ME SCOOB posted:

I think something just hosed up/"began working" this week randomly, because I download off the site, just got it in my copy.

I got it in my copy via iTunes as well, and yeah that's really jarring.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wanted is such perfect fodder for this podcast especially considering Mark Millar's "dark and edgy for the sake of it" attitude which he thinks is him being clever and deconstructing comic books but it's really just him being a borderline psycopath. Especially considering that the Wanted comic ends with (spoilers even though you shouldn't read Wanted or at least not pay money for it) the main character pretends to have an epiphany that he's been a weird violent rear end in a top hat the entire story, then reveals he was kidding about the epiphany, directly mocks the audience for having a moral compass, and then literally rapes the fourth wall.

Thus proving they'll give an MBE to anybody these days.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dukket posted:

Which episode originated the Keanu Reeves/ Brian bit?

The Watcher, based on the story that Keanu Reeves didn't want to do the movie but had to because his friend/roommate had forged his signature on a contract for the role, leading to the creation of Brian.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lemon posted:

The Devil's Advocate is a great episode.

EDDIE BARZOON..

That's what you're gonna doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Eddie, you're gonna drive around the WHITE SOX!!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marin Karin posted:

Highlander 3 is a great episode. When Eric enjoys the movie he is really on fire. Cyber Seduction was already mentioned but is another good example of that.

I actually re-llistened to the highlander 3 episode a week ago, it's great, especially the amazing long riff between "Lambert" and Chris Cabin: Lazy Immortal

"Really, Chris? Sweatpants?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shirec posted:

The part where they take a break to verify that one of them had watched a different cut was so good

As is the shell-shocked and somber "Ladies and gentlemen..." when they come back.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Coheed and Camembert posted:

The Brimley impressions in Hard Target rule. "He's a hwhat??"

A hwhat?!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

All I want is their Schwarzenegger and
Keanu impressions and there aren't enough of them.

Terminator 2 is great for this thanks to being post-Jerky Boys film.

"HELLO, SIZZLE CHEST"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GPTribefan posted:

RIP Goober, bro.

Oh poo poo bro, Goober's dead?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jack Palance as a Doomsday Cult leader does make a lot of sense when you say it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

Cinemasins is actually quite fun in the sense that you get a runthrough of bad movies you’d never watch anyway. All I know of the Transformers films are through them.

Yeah but you don't need someone doing incredibly granular nitpicks (some of which aren't even accurate, true, or sensical) to know those movies are bad.

That said, the "what's the damage?" videos they do are at least interesting especially when applied to comedies.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

If you’ve ever enjoyed something in a way that I personally do not approve, you are a child!

MEME WATCH!

INFOWARS.POPTART.FART

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:horse: "YOU'LL GET THE CHAIR, PIPPI!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

The plot synopsis makes it sound like the whole movie is just Stallone jerking off to all the cool hate crimes he wishes he could do, so I could see that.

The plot synopsis reads almost exactly like the plot synopsis/trailer for Exploder: Evacuator Part II from GTA: Vice City, which in and of itself was a Rambo parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4mvzp9Q5s

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Acht posted:

I can't get enough of the Rising Sun episode and them imitating Sean Connery saying "The Japanese" a lot.

For some reason they way they imagine him saying "Shut up, stupid" in the Never Say Never Again episode constantly replays in my head.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TTBF posted:

I like the live episodes. Sometimes you get good bits from them. They're not ones I relisten to a lot but I'd rather listen to a live episode than another episode about some stupid jim belushi movie where they make the same jokes they've made about every other stupid jim belushi movie.

But how else would we get "I'm sorry Mr. Dominos..."?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's ok to like a movie :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

Frakes also directed the Thunderbirds movie. Nuff said.

I mean you can have a bad movie that's directed well and shot well. But yeah that live-action Thunderbirds is a real case of "what are we even doing?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Still debating if I want to call in Antz. On the one hand it's like a CG Don Bluth movie in terms of "are you sure this is for kids?", on the other hand I don't know if there's actually much to talk about.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chainsawdomy posted:

Fantastic! That’s what I requested last year.

Also, does anyone remember which episode originated ‘Loose Loomis’?

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Soup du Jour posted:

No one gives a poo poo about the Entourage movie now but that doesn’t stop it from being a top tier episode

"Oh poo poo, bro, Goobah's dying of cancer!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ravenkult posted:

I still love the podcast but slowly realizing I don't like episodes of recent movies, be it this year's or ''recent'' as in 10 years ago. It feels like dumb but weird 80s and 90s movies make better episodes than just dumb movies from the 2000s forward.

That's because they're not being subjected to direct-to-dvd "what the gently caress is this" from the 2000s all that much.

Which still isn't nearly as entertainingly bad as the schlock of the 70s-90s, to be fair.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

surf rock posted:

Oh, that makes sense given the voice he does. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if Andrew's "bend over and I'll show ya" a reference to something or just a regular go-to joke? I've always assumed the latter, but maybe it's from something.

It's a reference to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Clark's yuppie neighbors ask him how he's going to fit his huge Christmas tree in the house, and that's his response

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Canvas is a fun episode with plenty of impressions of Gary Busey and John Rhys-Davies. I re-listen to it probably once a month

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DangerDummy! posted:

Isn't this the one with the Mike Schenk impressions? That was a hysterical bit.

Yes that is also in there too

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

the Bee Movie ep has got to be up there in the WHM canon. Puns, Seinfeld impressions, the origin of the giant woman bit; what more could you want?

My favorite call back to that is from the New Hope WLM (I think) with "ohhhhhhh...a giant redwood!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Why does Law Abiding Citizen only show up on Headgum and not the main site?

Not sure but I've always found the main site to be bizarrely slow to put up new episodes compared to other sites where they're hosted.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DoubleCakes posted:

The guys are going remote and for the time of their social distancing they are starting up a FREE podcast about some 90's television shows.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1239625877434007552

Makes sense that they'd go remote since most (all?) of them use public transit almost exclusively

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
also warning, the sound quality isn't super great on that but it's still worth a listen.

I'm still really disappointed I can't find Wedlock/Deadlock anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If they redo a bad-audio live ep On Deadly Ground would also be a candidate. Or maybe they'll redo something from the first 10-20 episodes before they really hit their stride because some of those are very short episodes.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 27, 2020