Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Who the gently caress is Seifer Diaz? They aren't talking about Sidious, are they? I can't remember a goddamn thing about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ah, someone interesting who didn't get a part because they needed another awful Anakin/Padme scene.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I picked up the Sith commentary track, and boy it was phenomenal. I never realized how many loving urns and lamps are in the background.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Does it work as a listen with out the movie?

I'm sure some things work, but I've never watched a commentary without the film.

OurIntrepidHero posted:

For some reason the new commentary is showing up as costing $9.99 on iTunes. You can keep it.

All of their commentaries are 99 cents on Google Play.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
That second letter, holy poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

User-Friendly posted:

I hope they cover Mortdecai, because the very existence of that movie makes no sense to me. Why make it seem in tone like a kid's movie but have it rated R? Who thought those irritating mustache ads were a good idea? Where did all that star power come from for such a lovely movie?

It's gotta be some Producers scheme, but instead of making it merely awful they made a movie your brain forgets was ever made.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hot tip for those of you having some tall glasses of water while watching a Bourne movie with your friends: the Marky Mark impression works for Matt Damon too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
What the gently caress is Russell Madness.

*checks IMDB*

Oh. Oh no.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm only halfway through the episode so I don't know if the guys cover this, but how was it that this movie wasn't a joint production with WWE entertainment?

I mean, come on. You want to know how to make all the money with this concept? You have the jack russell terrier get adopted by, and form a tag team with, The Rock. You're welcome.

They produced Jingle All the Way 2, yet this was somehow below their standards.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crowetron posted:

I'd watch a dog fight Larry the Cable Guy, talking monkey or no.

Need something bigger, though. How about a huge, pissed off german shepherd?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The mom in it could not possibly be more put upon.

The whiny, childish husband is really the cherry on top. She should get him evaluated, he doesn't comprehend their situation at all.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
A president like this makes me think it's a secret prequel to Idiocracy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I've been debating it, but :effort:

Those are the main things I know about Sandler anyway. Well, that and how he orders the VFX people to digitally shrink his nipples anytime he has a shirtless scene.

I'm never gonna loving forget that. Amazing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The weirdest video game moment WHM had was when they all unanimously hated Mega Man X.

Come on guys, the story isn't THAT intrusive.

I assumed they were talking about the series as a whole. The first one didn't even have much more story than the original Mega Man games.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MisterBibs posted:

:confused: The first one absolute absolutely had more story than the original Mega Man. You had actual characters with actual dialogue propelling the plot forward.

Well obviously, I just meant the later games in the series had comparatively more.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Firstborn posted:

Abraxas, Mortal Kombat, Hard Target for me. Hider in the House is another one. Also really like Stay Tuned. The impressions really crack me up... honestly The Shadow might be in 5th place, I have to give it another listen. Although I've listened to quite a few more than once or twice. They can go so far off topic it might be better to remember the bits than them on the movies.

The whole deconstruction of The Shadow's weird aggressively passive aggressive way of getting helpers was pretty hilarious.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SilentChaz posted:

There was a crossover of sorts. Each show tackled one of the Clint Eastwood orangutan movies.

WHM did Every Which Way But Loose while the Flop House did Any Which Way You Can.

The best part of those movies is if you describe them to someone now, they'll probably think you're delusional.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/AIRBUD/status/711175614137548800

Why must Listener Request Month have come so early?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
They seriously never call him loving Batman?

Like the dude's got nicknames back and forth so sure, mix it up, but what the gently caress are we doing not calling Batman "Batman"?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I think my favorite joke of the episode was big baby Batman.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Okay so my suspect list is MisterBibs and thrawn.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
WHM is really taking a beating from the Very Stupid People demographic!

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/726124407211626496

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mr Jaunts posted:

Do these people not even read the name of the podcast? It's a comedy show called 'We Hate Movies' for chrissake, and people get upset that they make jokes at the movie's expense instead of in-depth reviews? Good lord, put your tweet down, sir.

Also, I was glad to hear Justin J. Case is going to be on an upcoming episode, he was always my favorite recurring guest on the show.

The funny thing is, when they cover a movie I actually enjoy I usually end up getting an even bigger kick out of it. Mortal Kombat and The Devil's Advocate are some of my favorite episodes, for instance. Maybe it's because I enjoy the rough edges in those movies, though.

What kills me is that someone decided to go to bat for this goddamn Health Inspector movie. They've done other movies with Larry that are better than this poo poo! You couldn't pick a worse hill to die on!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I haven't seen Wired but it sounds like a hit piece

There's really no other way to describe it. Like it'd be bad enough if it just made Belushi out to be a shambling wreck 24/7, but there's so many moments where they seem to just be gleefully mocking a dead man who made so many people laugh.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm a bit disappointed the WHM boys hate Street Fighter so much. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad fuckin' movie, but unwatchable? Come the hell on.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Calling the spider thing "Kevin Smith's one good story" is so loving dead on

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MisterBibs posted:

Plus, from what I understand, his stage coach job was one of the most dangerous to drive both in terms of terrain and potential for coachrobbing, so if he was at all damaged, he wouldn't have been able to do it.

lmao mister loving bibs are you seriously claiming phineas gage was perfectly fine after the whole rod-through-the-brain thing?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
"Hmmm well he took a job with a high probability of him being mugged and murdered so I don't think that tamping rod shooting through his skull did anything at all!" - an idiot

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
As someone who never really cared for Shyamalan, I couldn't have been happier Lady in the Water happened.

These days I just feel bad for the guy but man it was loving irritating catching so much flak for thinking The Sixth Sense was a lot of build-up for nothing and on the other side of the coin no one else liking Unbreakable, somehow.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Illinois Smith posted:

Counterpoint: No it isn't.

Well I mean, it's definitely funny.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, but none of it comes across as intentional. I can laugh at Wahlberg's dumb line readings or endless menacing shots of trees and bushes rustling in the wind as much as the next guy but that doesn't make it cleverly directed or a movie that's not meant to be taken seriously. Because the tone of the thing is still as super serious as in all his other movies.

Oh absolutely, and I cannot even begin to get into the headspace of people who claim it was meant to be a joke unless they're simply confused.

I mean, it really is that bad that you can be legit confused about if it's meant to be taken seriously.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ishamael posted:

This might be heresy but I like it better when it is just Jupin, Stephen, and Eric. Having the fourth person makes everything feel crowded, and the riffs don't work as well.

But I know these guys love themselves some Cabin (RIPD)

Also, quote of the episode for me was "I wish I could sklide like Bunky"

If there's anything I'd want Cabin back for, it's Star Trek 5.

It's an undoubtedly bad movie but there's enough ideas in play that just don't end up working that it deserves serious criticism as well as general clowning on it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I never put Insurrection as low as Nemesis, simply because Insurrection can be so easily ignored. The stakes are so low, everything is so cheap, it's really drat stupid, but you can tune it out effortlessly should you ever have to see it. While parts of it are outright terrible, too, the majority of the film is just like... plain oatmeal.

Nemesis, conceptually, could have been strong. I mean, it probably was never gonna be great, but it could have at least been around First Contact good. But everything goes loving wrong with it, over and over, in ways so absurd you'd think anyone could see something was deeply wrong. It's such a botch job you'd almost think it was on purpose.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

e X posted:

Honestly, First Contact is not all that great either. It has some pretty great ideas, especially the Borg invasion of the Enterprise, but that storyline and the one about First Contact clearly should have been separated movies.

First Contact is fine, even if it's a bit schlocky. Also a movie just about the Borg taking over the Enterprise would be a complete waste, they had much higher stakes than that on the show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
When I learned I could hear more star trek impressions, I signed right the gently caress up.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Meat posted:

Oh poo poo, battlebots is back? Thanks Steve, I used to love that, unashamedly

This season has this Brazilian team, and the driver always looks like he's about to jump in and rip apart the opponent's bot with his teeth. Dude's amazing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Man if you're complaining about the WHM start-up time, you must be listening to some indie-rear end stuff.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bobkatt013 posted:

The best is we hate movies spooktacular

That theme is 90% of why I get hyped for the spooktacular

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bobkatt013 posted:

I remember them talking about it in an earlier episode about how quickly it goes to rape. Expect it to be a lot of talk about that

Rape is job loving one for that dude

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Happening is so bad I've had to explain to people in real life that it wasn't a joke.

And before someone here insists it was an intentional comedy, come on.