Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've been listening to HDTGM forever but after getting into WHM, it kind of wipes the floor with the former in terms of getting in-depth to certain things. Some shows in HDTGM just barely bother to inform you about whatever poo poo they saw or a guest will be like "yeah I fell asleep at this part, whatever." Still like them both and I think the Lexi Alexander episode was probably my favorite ever, but so far I'm liking WHM way better since I was getting a little tired of Jason "jerk off to this movie" Mantzoukas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Child's Play 3 episode is one of my favorites if only because of the sudden Abraxas impression in the middle, "I threw Chuckie down a garbage chute and called him a shlack-jawed so-and-so, ALSO I THOUGHT HE WAS SECUNDUS"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

As long as they don't get to Kevin Smith levels of hawking their own poo poo and talking about how they love loving Fleshlights in frankly unnecessary detail for a full 10 minutes, I'm fine with the ads.

holy poo poo who does this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I randomly downloaded some flophouse episodes and boy is that guy with the nasally voice beyond loving terrible, as are his impossibly bad jokes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

Would you believe he's an Emmy-winning former head writer of a fairly big-deal comedy show?

yes because it's not like "emmy-winning comedy show" really denotes any kind of quality. guessing it was big bang theory.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

weekly font posted:

Daily Show.

disgusting

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

considering that they ran through Cyber Seduction, they should really run through Cyberbully next

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"accept these movies as garbage and move on" most of the star wars thread should listen to this episode

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Empress Theonora posted:

I'm glad they poo poo all over morons calling Rey a Mary Sue.

Star Wars is good again; deal with it, idiots.

well I mean to be merely good again after the last 3 is a really ridiculously low bar to jump over, especially with the Disney War Machine effort to make it more than adequate

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

been waiting for another excuse to do a mark wahlberg bit ever since the long-winded pb+j thing when they did Planet of the Apes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poo poo, I keep forgetting to call in for the masterpiece He Was A Quiet Man. missed my shot again because it is truly a loving insane movie.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ghostbusters 2 - had to turn it off several times in the train because I laughed too hard.
Child's Play 3 - if only because of the bonus "slack jawed so and so" Coach Abraxas bit.
Butterfly Effect - Just plain great.

I keep hoping they'll pick up Cyberbully sometime to followup Cyber Seduction.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

while the editing was fanfic levels of polish, I didn't think the movie was the worst thing ever. I already know batman killing people will probably be a really embarrassing derail in tomorrow's show but whatever, it's not like the movie didn't have serious pacing and resolution issues. I'm looking forward to their take on the jittery insanity of Luthor.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the entire subforum really needs to get over that not everyone gives a gently caress about our 500 page broken-brained abyss of posts about batman vs superman. it's an extreme microcosm and most people thought the movie was poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Top five episodes of this?

For me, I'd say Ghostbusters 2---only one that made me cry laughing on the train, Child's Play 3, League of Extroardinary Gentlemen, Butterfly Effect, and 8 Crazy Nights. I don't think anyone else will share those sentiments except for Butterfly Effect which is probably widely accepted as one of the best

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I forgot to add Secret Window.

"you shtole mah shtory. I'll be back in THREE EVERLUVIN' DAYS"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this dude's twitter feed :stare:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I think andrew would already know whether that was the case or not by now.

Eric works in the same place as Andrew Jupin? not the podcast, the film center.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Flatliners is so bad and flat that it's almost inane to do a show on it, the movie is just that goddamn worthless

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hello Zepp was cool the first 2 times they used it, not so much after like 7 loving movies where it becomes an overbearing and overused leitmotif constantly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

duz posted:

Alamo Drafthouse is showing Blade 2 later this month. I bought my ticket as soon as they listed it. It's so crazy stupid good.

it's Blade 3, also going to that one. Blade 2 was good! It's the third that's bad.

I rewatched Blade recently after like 15 years and it's fine. If it wasn't for Snipes it would be less fun for sure.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really hoping Bright makes their year-end Worst Of 2017 against all odds as a late pick because it sounds godawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AlliedBiscuit posted:

"He's got shotguns hidden all over the place...He's like an alcoholic for shotguns!"

Eric is somehow always at his best at live shows, holy poo poo.

was at the live show for Blade 3 and can confirm this