Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

This is my favorite running joke as I can't think of a scene that isn't immediately improved by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Yeah, I haven't seen the vast majority of the movies reviewed by WHM and I still get a laugh out of them. The aforementioned Invisible Child, Blame It on Rio and He-Man Christmas Special were all funny as hell with me staying far, far away from the source material.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I saw this once, one ill-fated afternoon some ten years ago. Yet as I clicked the link... I knew.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Catching up, but I was surprised at the idea so many of y'all consider the WHM guys to be a "boy's club" thing. They've always struck me as fairly feminist, just not in the "look at me, I'm so noble" sort of way. They're always quick to call out gross behavior towards ladies. They've certainly never irked me.

Also, Yoda Man was my favorite part of that TCM movie and I'm so happy they recognized him as the best character. There's zero indication he's not a prop dummy before he just gets up and peaces out.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I was moreso referring to the discussion from a few pages back:

precision posted:

I have a feeling these guys probably have some extremely lovely fans.

well why not posted:

apart from us? yeah, definitely. This show is kind of a boy's club and I think misog' dudes gravitate to stuff like this.

Catfishenfuego posted:

Plus for all that the dudes seem like genuinely decent guys there's a bunch of rape/pedophilia jokes in like, 50% of the episodes.

Which I thought was surprising as they come off as pretty feminist to me. Another poster mentioned the jokes tend to not be at the expense of the victim, which might be why they never irk me? I dunno, I'd have to go out looking for specific examples. Regardless, I never feel like they're talking down to me for having a vag. That cannot be said of all media personalities. :smith:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I just figured the misog crowd would be turned off at all the jokes at their expense. Whatevs. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Haha "misog crowd." That's great. I think some of these people are SO checked out that the progressivism flies over their heads until the gang does something overt enough for them to notice, like be wrong about a video game. From the mailbag episodes it certainly seems like they get a lot of missives directly from the bowels of reddit.

:psyduck: I was borrowing the term from the poster I quoted further up the page. I'm not even sure what we're arguing about anymore. I resign.

e: Quoted on the last page now, I guess.