Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hewlett posted:

Yeah, our podcast Alcohollywood tries to achieve a weird balance between Filmspotting-esque SERIOUS DISCUSSION and WHM-esque jokeatizing, and I think we largely succeed.

(Also, welcome to the "CineD threads about podcasts" family.)

I'll vouch that this is pretty good.

Anyway, my favorite WHM episode is Invisible Child, which is a terrible lifetime movie about a mentally ill woman and her disgusting enabler family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yaws posted:

The only bad thing about podcasts like this is you really need to watch the film in order to get anything out of them. I don't know if I want to sit through Jingle All the Way 2.

This is kinda true of HDTGM, but not true of WHM or the Flophouse in my opinion.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Today's WHM was just okay until they got to the jokes about the old man who evaluates pictures of turtles and Kiefer Sutherland, at which point it was the funniest thing I'd heard in months.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You could probably make a decent drinking game of taking a drink every time We Hate Movies mentions the Scoleri Brothers scene in Ghostbusters 2

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

It is Face Off

I was hoping for Vampire's Kiss but that also bodes very, very, well.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Every product advertised on podcasts seems to be aimed at hipster agoraphobes.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DrVenkman posted:

Hard Target is still Woo's best American effort.

As it turns out, what Face/Off needed was Jean-Claude Van Damme locking himself in the editing room and trimming all the fat.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yaws posted:

Ugh, I love these guys but I can't stand Schwarzenegger impressions.

Is the weather nice in the nega-verse?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

Loverboy was one of those movies that was on heavy rotation on Cinemax in the late 80s/very early 90s.

Basically you could turn on Cinemax at any point in that era and have a 50% chance of getting an 80's sex comedy with an animated opening.

So what you're saying is that Martin J. Cinemax III DID approve this movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yaws posted:

How the frick do I access the WHM ON-SCREEN episodes? I want to check out their opinions on the last Star Trek but I can't seem to find it in the app I bought? Am I doing something wrong?

I've very inept at technology.

You can also buy them on the bandcamp page http://www.whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
When I first played the Ghostbusters video game it made me realize two things I never had before: Peter Venkmann is a huge prick, and Ernie Hudson and by extension, Winston Zeddimore is amazing. I am glad that WHM agrees with me on this.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Ray just wanted to bang the ghosts or have the ghosts bang him.

The blowjob scene might be the most dissected scene in movie podcast history.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hey, WHM snagged an interview with Gilbert Gottfried.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

cheerfullydrab posted:

Anybody else happy with not knowing what the WHM dudes look like and wanting to just think of them as floating disembodied voices?

Well, we already knew that Andrew looked like that motherfucker from The Hangover, and that Eric looked exactly like Chris Hemsworth.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ravenkult posted:

Is there any software or website I can use to be informed of when new episodes come out (I listen to a few). iTunes is not cutting it.

Rss maybe?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DoombatINC posted:

:smug: Hey fellas, heard you're treatin' women, queers and ethnics like actual human beings, thought I'd come down here and straighten you out on a few points :smug:

Redpilled by Jim Belushi

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Eh, they have to do it, just skip it. It lets them keep doing the funny parts of the show.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Welcome to We Hate Movies, the podcast where we rank cartoon tits!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I totally forgot about the big red furry monster until this episode.

According to Wikipedia, his name is Gossamer.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I still don't get the point of Lola Bunny.

We'd gotten the idea that little girls should be able to see people of their own gender do cool stuff in media, but we hadn't perfected it yet.

But don't worry, we'll probably have it down by the year 2525

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Like Norm Macdonald, I didn't like Eric too much at first but now I find him fantastic. Even if he is bad at impressions, which loop around from being bad into being incredible, and three-fourths of them sound like Dracula.

You know, to bring up an old bit from We Hate Movies, I would totally watch Broadway Danny Dracula

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Bolek posted:

I can't tell their voices apart but one of them keeps moving away from the mic and loving up the sound levels. someone compress that poo poo or do something.

See, I used to have this problem, but I learned eventually.

Steve is the one with the nerdiest voice. Andrew is the one who's on every episode. Eric is the calmest, and Chris is the angriest.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo this weeks animation damnation sounds completely insane. I need to watch it.

I watched three minutes of it, and I have never felt harder that I am being punked somehow.

Did Adult Swim somehow do this?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

So is it safe to say next weeks will be Stealth?
Also John Hammond as Brendan Gleeson in Gangs of New York.

I don't know what you're talking about, Stealth is great! :george:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

Master of Disguise is completely unwatchable.

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

Oh man do I have the blog for you

http://themasterofthemasterofdisguise.tumblr.com/

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Someone go write the OP for the Master Of Disguise thread.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

sean10mm posted:

How does it compare to Easy Rider 2? That seems to be one of their benchmarks for horrid movies.

I think Master of Disguise might be worse on a more concentrated level, but Easy Rider 2 is longer and is making GBS threads on a good movie, so I'll go for the latter.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

I like to think the guys are reading this thread and going, "poo poo, they're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't they?"

Time to start programming the Chris Cabin Suicide Playlist. It's not as long as you'd think til the next listener request month.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

2005 was a weird year for me, so I had no idea that Stealth was even a movie that existed.

:stare: Holy poo poo.

I remember seeing trailers for it.

What an odd, odd movie. WHM's summation of it made it seem weird and oddly structured as a narrative. Also there's an evil robot that loves nu-metal

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

Yeah I remember that, because by that time he had crossed over from "endearing weirdo" to "literally doesn't believe anything he says, is Evil Rush Limbaugh" so I was a bit confused that Linklater would still be so close to someone like that.

His rant in Waking Life however is a highlight of the film.

It was. Finally a legit crazy person and not discount book store mom philosophy!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
More episodes seem to have all four of the team on them lately.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh good the hate seems strong in this one. I was hoping it was Get Carter since its another bullshit remake of an almost perfect movie. Also Michael Caine.

It's a testament to Michael Caine as an actor that Blame It On Rio didn't COMPLETELY ruin him for me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh poo poo, speaking of the worst movies ever made that reminds me, someone needs to call in with An American Carol.

I don't know, the movie might work nowadays.

I mean, the Iraq War turned out so well!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
An American Carol as an episode would be entertaining, but not really funny, as it would just be a prolonged savaging of everything that stupid piece of poo poo movie stands for.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, we're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't we?

All aboard for bad impressions of bad impressions!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

weekly font posted:

Three of the four not seeing that scene and the interlude to watch it is the funniest WHM moment in a while.

I just kind of want to know how Chris got a cut that included that deleted scene.

I mean, even if he torrented it, who would put the deleted scenes back in?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Holy poo poo, Animation Damnation is doing Pokemon.

And it's an episode I clearly remember, how :psyduck:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobservo posted:

It's kind of mystifying how these guys know nothing about Pokemon; they're a bit younger than me and basically in the perfect demographic for that show in 1998. Did they even know it was a video game?

The level of lack of knowledge kind of makes it great. They have a serious discussion as to whether Team Rocket are vampires.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobservo posted:

I just thought it was odd that it seemed like an absolutely foreign concept to them. Even if you were too old for it, Pokemon was basically unavoidable for two years. You're absolutely right about it being a fine line, though.

I think if you're not interested, all you see is weird creatures in the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sleeveless posted:

Yeah, like how Skylanders has been absolutely gigantic for the past few years but unless you're a parent or work with kids the most you probably know about it is "that thing with Spyro The Dragon in it".

I told my little brother Skylanders was a scam when he was six, and then he got in trouble for punching a screen showing it at a store.

That's my Skylanders story.