Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I do have to wonder though: why the gently caress DO Team Rocket sleep in suspended sleeping bags?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Avengers, League of extraordinary gentleman, Never Say Never Again. They have lots of options.
It would also be bad timing to do Avengers.

Isn't Never Say Never Again a Stay Tuned?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I watched Hard Target just because of the WHM episode. Goddamn masterpiece, it is.

Hard Target is loving amazing and everyone should watch it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

e X posted:

Honestly, the great thing about them is that the actual movie is pretty incidental to the episodes. The funniest parts, at least to me, are the weird scenarios the cook up. Like in the "The Substitute" episode, the entire thing with Tom Berenger's Outworld Vietnam flashbacks is hilarious as hell.

Cloudy the anthropomorphic rain cloud that follows David Schwimmer around is one of cinema's greatest characters.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Brocktoon posted:

If it wasn't already done by MST3K, I would call in and suggest the Kathy Ireland turd Alien From LA for listener request month. My friend in high school demanded we rent it because of the picture of Kathy on the cover in a bikini. Little did he know that for 99% of the movie she plays a bespectacled "nerd" character with an annoying voice and only appears in said bikini for 30 seconds before the ending credits. I don't know if I ever forgave him for stealing that 90 minutes of my life.

Then I was blown away a year later when the movie appeared in Season 5 of MST3K.

Alien From LA has a lot of material. Kathy Ireland's bizarre fake voice, her fake Australian friend,, the love interest who comes in at the last minute, the sequel...

And if we're doing Golan Globus movies that MST3K related projects have done, well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBnxVIAQ20

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

That was actually her natural speaking voice. She spent a long time with a voice coach to change it to how she speaks now.

Well I kinda feel bad about making fun of it now.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Someone should try to get them to sit through an episode of Loonatics Unleashed, now that they're doing a listener request month for AD.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Did they just get a lot of new fans who don't "get" Summer Blockbuster Month?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sleeveless posted:

After finishing up the entire We Hate Movies backlog I am so hungry for movie podcasts to listen to at work that I listened to the entirety of The Flophouse (it becomes way more tolerable if you just hit the "next episode" button about halfway through each episode when the one with the annoying voice starts singing a bad made-up song ~ironically~, signalling that they're done talking about movies and the rest of the episode is going to be terrible in-jokes circlejerking via their email inbox) and I'm even hate-listening to The Canon.

Somebody please recommend me another movie podcast that isn't terrible garbage. :sigh:

Get the gently caress out of here if you don't like Elliot's letter songs.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sleeveless posted:

A nerd with an annoying voice singing a made-up song badly wasn't funny the first time and it failed to get any funnier the next ~150 times he's done it.

Looks like someone doesn't appreciate comedy.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Philistines all of you

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I hope the dear friend thing is just because that was Connery's last movie. I'll cry my fat idiot eyes out if one of the hosts is gone.

Someone doesn't know about Sir Billi

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

I've never really thought about it, much in the same way I've never graded my turds.

You can actually tell a lot about your diet and current health that way.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gyges posted:

You can also tell a lot about your diet by remembering what you ate. Hopefully it'll involve fewer turds in a bowl, but I'm not here to judge.

brb, writing my gross-out comedy Memento-esque movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

dr_rat posted:

Are you German by any chance? If not, well you'll probably be glad to hear they've got your back on this one.

https://youtu.be/rzXPyCY7jbs

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The space ship was part of the original set-up, and there's an in-universe explanation in DC, but in the movie it's just a weird plot hole they could have easily changed.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

This was my first time listening to the Pipi Longstockings episode; her laughter in that clip where she reveals she has a gun is loving bone chilling.

Pippi is a menace

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
WHM is responsible for getting the theme songs of Pippi Longstocking and Every Which Way But Loose permanently stuck in my head, despite never having seen either.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A Meat posted:

I don't mind most of the previous ads, but the Uber ads were just too much for me and I've been skipping them, not to mention that Uber doesn't operate where I live and they're kind of skeevy.

I do wish they had the Audible sponsorship again, just because I loved how they tried to find an audiobook that relates to the movie in the episode.

Yeah those were definitely the best ads. Probably because audiobooks are more interesting to talk about than razors or whatever.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I would religiously listen to Orson Welles's podcast.

I mean, even aside from that, he has a great voice.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
When I saw trailers for Eight Crazy Nights, I always assumed it was about family coming over for Hannukah.

Instead of the trials and travails of Adam Sandler's self-insert hanging out with a hideous troll man.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

I would definitely be down for the film they talked about, something that's like the Jewish version of a Christmas movie, because I come from a country where (practicing) Jews make up less than half a percent of the entire population so Hanukkah is entirely foreign to me. This is apparently very much not that movie.

The loving Rugrats Very Special Episode About Hannukah taught me more about Hannukah than this.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel like there are more than enough good Jewish comedians to sustain a Hannukah comedy movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A Meat posted:

Its importance nowadays might owe something to the American obsession with Christmas.

With Passover, Rosh Hashanah and Sukkot you have to do a bunch of elaborate stuff. with Hannukah you just light a few more candles and sing a few songs and that's it. Maybe ponder fundamentalist revolution or whatever the gently caress the moral behind the story of the Maccabee uprising actually is.

All I know is that as a non-practicing Jew living in Israel, I would be on the side of the Hellenized Jews, and as a result, on the receiving end of the Hebrew Hammer.

I'd probably avoid siding with Antiochus on this one

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So are they coming back on September 1st?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You know I realize the existence of the Ewok movies is puzzling in itself, but it is still really odd to me that the second movie instantly undoes the gains made in the first movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
HEY I JUST GOT DIARRHEA

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A Meat posted:

Pretty happy they picked my AD listener submission, the Speed Racer cartoon is really fun, and you won't be embarrassed by it even if you're sober.

It was really difficult to pick an episode to submit, since so many episodes are ridiculous and fun to laugh at.

Nice pun version of your real name for your username.

This episode is loving great though. I've seen it before and I'm happy they're doing it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MisterFister posted:

Holy poo poo the art school/turtle sutherland bit in the taking lives episode! I had to turn it off cause people at work must think I'm crazy I was laughing so hard... drat these guys are hilarious

That episode in general isn't anything special, but that loving bit is magical :allears:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I liked this latest installment of poo poo Sadjak Sees On The Streets

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So what's the best guess on the next episode?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It's probably that.

I'd say The Grinch, but it's probably a few months early.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Jim Carrey really does have a storied filmography.

I forget, do they like The Cable Guy?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
That's probably for the best. I like it too, but I know opinion is divided.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Wait did Face/Off not look ridiculous at the time?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Jokebot is a great new character
The Island of Doctor Moreau is a possibility

Island of Dr. Moreau is probably timely, given that documentary that just came out.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I never watched GI Joe as a kid, but I'd like so see more of their Cobra Commander impression.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Is this movie worth seeing for myself before I listen to the episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

JT Smiley posted:

I probably saw that movie ten times as a kid and didn't even remember it until half way through the episode.

Too late, I watched it hours ago.