Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m an hour into the episode and they really do not want to talk about S1M0NE lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

I didn't see any discussion on this over the last couple of pages. Curious if anyone else got a weird skip around 29-31:00 when they're talking about the anti-Semitic goblins? I'm wondering if my download got a little glitched or if they actually went harder on that than they felt comfortable releasing so it was a clumsy edit? (I don't recall them ever walking back things said on Patreon eps so that doesn't feel right but I dunno).

lol there were multiple cuts around that topic, one really early on. yeah makes me wonder what the hell they said that was so intense they had to cut it from patreon tier

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1528161120728584194?s=21&t=xOUPmOi1SNcxueaU3XeafA

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

holy gently caress I have wanted Cats and Dogs forever, the guys really need to get into that late 90s-early 00’s kid blockbuster genre

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I just can’t believe that eric wasn’t on an episode of the nexus with a connection to the JFK assassination

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

the return of WHM episodes on lovely christmas movies, gently caress yeah

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1556972315291910144?s=21&t=skC1DYj5YK8GhekKxVyL5Q

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

the two towers episode is an instant classic and it starts off immediately with Brooklyn Gollum

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I loving love how much the Gleep Glossary has turned into “the guys shittalk each other for 30-40 minutes”

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I wish WHM had more of an artist fandom because there are at least three bits from this latest ep that deserve to be animated

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

the original WLM month was an incredible run (T2/wonderful life/star wars/back to the future/batman 89) but none of the rest of them have felt as good. still some great episodes in there but on the whole I’m not as enthused about it.

seconding being glad that we’re getting lovely christmas movies again, I’ve really missed eps like santa clause 3 and pottersville

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

it’s eric’s favorite day of the year

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

They should do a Kennedy month

JFK
13 Days
Chappaquiddick
Buba Hoptep for WLM

animation damnation: *power hour andrew voice* way way back in the 1980s

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I’m a little annoyed that we’re only getting two true christmas movies on the main feed (The Santa Clause is right there) but man A Christmas Prince is one of my favorites for real netflix/hallmark dreck. started a long tradition of watching these dogshit movies with my stepsister and hooting at how dumb all the characters are. Avatar should be a fun one too

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

can’t wait for M69GAN

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

GPTribefan posted:

Counterpoint - the whole first year of WLM December, Ghostbusters, Superman, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

the first WLM month was so good because they were still treating it like mainline episodes, going through the movie and making jokes about scenes in sequential order. now any given WLM episode has better than even odds of being like the thief one last year where you’re 30 minutes into the episode and they haven’t explained the basic premise of the movie

I for one listen to basically all the patreon stuff (minus WLM if I haven’t seen the movie at this point) because it’s all so varied and funny. I’ve barely watched any trek and I love the nexus, Once in a Lifetime rules, and Melr0210 is so loving funny it makes me wish sometimes they made it the main podcast

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Tom Waits Kid is such a good WHM character

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

North by Northwest
Dante’s Peak
101 Dalmatians

also listen to all of the episodes on the main feed of Melr0210, easily the quickest turnaround from “they’re doing a show on what?” to maybe my favorite stuff of theirs

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

B’GULG

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

A Sound of Thunder is such a bizarrely perfect episode because they’re losing their minds the whole time and completely coincidentally it was the first episode to drop after covid lockdown so it really nailed to manic uncertainty of that entire month

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

If you need a briefing on Equilibrium and only have about 54 seconds, then just watch this clip that I keep pressed against my heart at all times like a family bible

https://i.imgur.com/fMz0IvF.mp4

oh my loving god lmao

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

GPTribefan posted:

It also makes me miss the days where they would drop lines or the theme song into the episode. That theme for EWWBT was atrocious but it was worth it to hear their reaction.

What if our hearts got a little bit hazy? Blame It On Rio!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I watched it over the weekend and it’s good, op

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

“have any of us been so drunk we were drax and called the police on ourselves” from the GOTG episode made me laugh so hard people stared in an airport

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

gonna go pour myself a heaping glass of skeleton juice

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

god this is such a good month for WHM, the schedule is just STACKED

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I loving YELLED at the AD episode when I pressed play and the Korn version of the theme started up

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

this has the potential to be the best WLM month since the original, god drat

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

petition to have the robot voice saying the correct name of gleep glops to be replaced with eric’s wife saying it

she was great for that episode, it was fun being able to tell how much she loves the old books

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

god I have been wanting a love actually episode for ages, this is great news. they’re going to have a lot of fun with it

also if you didn’t listen to yesterday’s mailbag you need to, the story of Hunga Games is one of the best they’ve ever read

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1737187789882425797?s=46&t=K028If7Q4wkgRsW25MYTKA

this episode is an instant WHM Holiday Classic

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

“I just had to re-chill my bones” from Blame It On Rio and the sequel pitch for Mrs Doubtfire about Mara Wilson’s character losing her mind in college after Mrs. Doubtfire is executed in Alcatraz are two of my favorite ones

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Night Game sounds exactly like a rejected TJ Hooker script or something, can totally see this have started life as a show concept that eventually wound up as a movie

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

god Rebel Moon was loving dire, don’t think I’d have finished without the commentary

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Personally I think the guys do a good enough job of making the movie bearable, but it’s also not like a top-tier can’t miss commentary (other than Steve falling asleep multiple times)

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

AVENGE ME

AVENGE MEEEEE

honestly I’m not sure there’s enough meat on the bones to really do an episode on Red Dawn but hey they did Young Einstein so anything’s possible

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Always nice to hear about Dr Beck and his increasingly ramshackle adventures. I would absolutely love to see him face off against Sephiroth.

Shame that Eric appeared to be calling in for the episode from his moon base, though

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

mweber posted:

Today is Eric Roberts’s birthday. Please wish him well.

I would but he unfriended me

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I don’t understand anyone who doesn’t care about Melr0210, I wish they did it every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Sheenpril has been far and away the best Actor Month WHM has done. It’s kind of ironic that they prefaced the whole month about it being artificial and kludged together when every episode has felt way more fluid and organic than the Snipes or Brimley months