Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Tuff Turf is amazing if only for the majesty that is Jack Mack. "JACK MACK MAKE YOU DANCE. IN ALL SERIOUSNESS....JACK MACK NEEDS SOME COCAINE." Though the sheer horror of Blame it on Rio is pretty amazing too especially the Suicide Film Festival.

Also, Steve's story of the guy yelling at his kid during the He-Man Christmas Special episode is in the top 5 funniest moments in the show's history for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BulletRiddled posted:

The horse impressions in Pippi Longstocking and the "9000 degrees!" bits in The Core never fail to get me into near-tears laughing fits.

"Too bad they don't let horses testify then!"

"THAT'LL CHANGE ONE DAY PIPPI, AND YOU'LL GET THE CHAIR. THE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Listening to the old Godzilla episode I forget a line that kills me every time I hear it.

"Hell it's after Jurassic Park, everybody loves dinosaurs. Dinosaurs and dune buggies.....

Gonna draw a picture of both."

I have no idea why but the delivery slays me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's sort of a low key episode but after listening to it again I feel like The Pallbearer might be in the top 5 funniest episodes of the entire podcast. Cloudy was consistently hilarious, Schwimmer being a massive awful creep was great and just the general skewering of the worst sort of early 00's late 90's american independent film was wonderful.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue episode is an underrated gem. The Alf impressions are amazing.

"Hey I got something REEEEEEEEEEEAL messed up to show ya! A dead clown! Then I'll tell ya all about Heinric Himmler!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
When would you guys say the show really hits it's stride? Some of the early episodes are sorta rough, not bad mind you, but kinda feel like they were finding their footing.

v----That's K9, so like episode 6.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 31, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Squallege posted:

Oh man Cyber Seduction would be so good.

Cyber Seduction manages to be way way funnier and more insane than any other Lifetime film. The pop-up scene is amazing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Am I the only one who is kinda glad they cut down on the use of film audio during the show? It always kinda felt annoying to me, like it ground everything to a halt. It happened way too much in the very early episodes.

The early episodes are great and all, but I feel like the show fully hits it's stride at Battle for Endor.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm also glad other people agreed that Batman Forever is a much worse film than B&R.

weekly font posted:

It's great when used when absolutely necessary. Them only talking about the Tuff Turf music instead of letting me hear it would have been tragic.

Yeah, when you use it for poo poo like that or suitably insane moments of dialogue it works, but early on it seemed like they did it for no real reason. Like mentioning Renagade and then playing the a chunk of the opening for the show.

Jack Mack was a delight by the way

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 17, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I like Cinema Sins as a fun trivia video about continuity errors and goofs in movies, but I definitely think that a lot of plot holes the internet goes on about reduce to "Why aren't these characters rationally maximizing their utility".

A personal favorite was when Cloverfield came out and nerds were mystified a guy would want to go into danger to save a loved one.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human is another good episode if only because the movie itself is completely bonkers and the guys seem totally baffled by it's very existence. I never heard of the film before that episode and it honestly doesn't even sound real.

It also gave us racist Star Wars rebels.

"YOU CAN TAKE MA LIGHTSABER FROM MA COLD DEAD HANDS!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Corek posted:

clinkclinkclinkclink

Butterfly Effect might be my favorite episode. The best part of the episode has to be when the point out how absurd it is to expect audience to believe an entire college hallway is gonna burst out laughing at a armless and legless man falling out of a wheelchair.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's also insane just how many horrifying things happen to Ashton as a kid. I can believe two, but the sheer amount of horrible poo poo is just absurd.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I forget, does the Butterfly Effect episode mention the alternate ending where he strangles himself in the womb?

Yes, as I recall they basically say it's the cherry on the top of the "loving EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME" cake.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The latest Halloween episode is incredible. Loomis as radio shock jock was hysterical.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

platero posted:

Now IIIII'm riding the Sybian!

Oh BARRY I love when you talk about your FARTS AND SHITS!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ecks Vs Sever is actually kind of fascinating in that the video game tie-in came first somehow and was an entirely different thing to the movie, the entire premise was different.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The game came out a year before hand and was based on an early script of the movie where, as I recall, the genders were switched and there were other major story changes.

Then the movie comes out and they put out a second game under almost the exact same name that it based on the finished movie.

I can't think of that ever happening before.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm just shocked that there was a game based on it, and now I find out there were two :psyduck:

They were both GBA games. The original in particular actually got very positive reviews as it managed to be a 3D FPS on the system that actually worked really well. I think it pushed the system close to it's limits. The second was more of the same and came out around the death of the system.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The Vosgian Beast posted:

People who have seen it: Does the turtle-god make an appearance in the new It movie? The last episode got me thinking about it.

As others said he's not in it, but there is a cute reference to it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

I've never read the book It, why do they have sex in the sewer? Like, they get lost, someone suggests, "Uh, we could all gently caress?", they do, and it works?

I just reread the book. Basically the idea is that by doing that they are strengthening their resolve/friendship. It's implied that the farther they get from IT after beating it for the first time the more they lose their way/memories. By....doing what they do they basically give themselves enough insight or something to find their way out.

The core idea, forming a bond with each other and strengthening their friendship to get out, makes sense, King just chose the most insane possible way it could have been done. It's even worse because RIGHT AFTER they get out he has a scene where they cut their hands and make a blood oath which would have been a much much MUCH better way to get them out of the sewers.

Also, when they are adults only Bill has sex with Bev which...again is probably the dumbest way it could have gone considering he's the only married dude and a huge portion of the book is based on his undying love for his wife.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The 10 year rule is gonna be expiring on 2008 soon so what movies from that year would you guys say deserve episodes?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
In fairness to Wanted it can't be as bad as the absolute loving shitheap of a comic it's based on.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'd only want them to do Wanted if Steve's actually read the original comic, because I would love to hear him try to explain that poo poo to the guys.

The last page of Wanted is one of those rare times where I felt second hand humiliation for the author. Man, he thought that poo poo was so badass huh?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Punkin Spunkin posted:

You can't start an "In fairness" and end it with "not as bad as Marc Millar". Like, I'd hope not. Any film adaptation of Millar is bound to be better than the source material. Only comic of his I could even stomach was Huck. The rest is edgy tryhard garbage ala Garth Ennis and Frank Miller.

Ennis at least has the best Punisher run of all time under his belt. Hell, his Punisher run is in the running for one of the most consistently amazing runs of a comic ever.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'll disagree about Kick-rear end the movie being better than the comic (I mean, they're both really bad), only because at least in the comic there was the realistic reaction when Kick-rear end told his non-girlfriend he wasn't really gay and was just pretending to be close to her. As in, she told him to gently caress off and had her new actual boyfriend beat the poo poo out of him.

Also the comic didn't make him a murderer by mowing down a bunch of guys with a loving jetpack armed with machine guns like it's no big deal, either.

I realize this is probably the faintest praise I could give the movie, but still.

Then in Kick-rear end 2 her entire family is murdered and then she's raped.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Also in 1 she texts Kickass pictures of her sucking her boyfriend's dick because????

Because Miller had a glimmer of an okay idea in "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if our 'hero' did some stupid poo poo he thought was romantic and it backfired on him and caused the girl he loved to hate him?" so he had to ruin it by taking it like 50 steps past where it needed to go.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Just don't let Ennis near superheroes and you're golden. We loving get it dude, you think super heroes are lame we don't need another comic where you make Wolverine gay and a total loser who smells his own farts because he's a big dork loser.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Violator posted:

I think common sense is the reason we haven’t had anime month. I love the show but can’t imagine listening to them make fun of anime for four weeks in a row.

Anime would suck but there is PLENTY of bad animated movies to worth with.

Off the top of my head:

Animated Titantic movie
One of those knock off Pixar movies
A Troll in Central Park
Pebble and the Penhuin (WITH BELUSHI)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It never fails to make me laugh that that scene is in a movie about the loving Titanic.

It's like having a rapping cat in a movie about the battle of the Somme.