Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I'm kinda curious what big development they were referring to on their Twitter feed. Whatever it is, I hope they don't stop podcasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

When do we find out who's leaving?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

How long are they on break?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I'm watching Mortal Kombat Annhilation and its a delight. What a wonderfully trashy film.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Are they doing Spooktacular this year?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The way they describe Easy Rider 2 with such revulsion makes me want to see it.

Easy Rider is the definition of a movie that doesn't need a sequel.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Easy Rider 2 is the ultimate gently caress you sequel, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Have you seen it?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I had no idea they were talking about weed.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Weekend at Bernies has the most bizarre plot for a mainstream comedy movie. An hour and a half of two dorks playing with a corpse.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It's not out yet. This week tho.

It's out on something called CDbaby.com. I'm waiting for the iTunes release.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

I'm pretty happy that after almost 20 years of people whining about new Star Wars movies not being enough like Star Wars we now have people complaining that the new Star Wars movies are too much like Star Wars.

For real. I used to get annoyed with the whole "Star Wars fans don't like Star Wars" thing but they were right. You'll never please some of them. They like 3 movies in the series and that's it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

People get super defensive about that awful BvS movie.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I haven't seen Wired but it sounds like a hit piece

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This is about the only thing in Wired that I'm willing to get behind, because gently caress John Landis

gently caress his son too

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Still, I don't think some forgotten movie has tarnished Belushis legacy at all. He's still legit.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Man, I just can't do these lives episodes.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Did Singer actually publically call out Halle Berry?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

It's really funny to me that their response to people complaining about them adding terrible ads to episodes mid-sentence and locking more and more content behind a paywall when they were making six figures a year off of Patreon was to just hide the amount of money they make on their Patreon page altogether.

Isn’t there a way to find that out anyway?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I have never seen a Furious movie but they sound crazy dumb

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

You guys are weird. I can’t imagine listening to podcasts like that. It’d feel so unnatural

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

How much ADD do people around here have?

That’s everywhere dude. Try watching a movie with someone and count how many times they’re staring at their phone

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't think it's necessarily ADD. Like, the first podcast I started listening to regularly was the Giant Bombcast, which can often last 2.5 to 3 hours long. I listened to it at normal 1x speed for months before I even knew changing speeds was an option, and that wasn't a problem. At 1.5x, I can still concentrate on all the co-hosts' voices and not really miss anything and get through it faster, so ever since then, I've been listening to it at 1.5x. That's been at least 2 years now, and it never feels weird.

I’m not trying to be a dick but how is that even tolerable? People speaking at an artificially sped up tempo is so unnatural and undermines the flow conversations have.

Are people really this pressed for time?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Have you ever tried it? Because at 2x, it becomes unnatural and intolerable, but at 1.5x it's totally fine. You're speeding it up a little but it's not like you're increasing the tempo by an insane amount or anything.

And when you listen to a podcast regularly and you get to know the sound of all the co-hosts' voices, it's really not hard to distinguish them at that speed.

I can always tell Eric from Stephen from Chris from Andrew, even at 1.5x.

This has already been pointed out but a lot of the effectiveness of comedy is timing. Pauses. Minor things like inotation are lost when you speed things up.

To each their own and all that but this is bewildering to me

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Calaveron posted:

So I read the Wikipedia summary and am in the process of listening to the episode, but are you really telling me the bye bye man is summoned and brought into your life by saying bye bye man?

Yes. It’s idiotic.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Garden State is fun to dunk on because it’s exactly the type of dopey saccharine poo poo you’d expect from a 20 something

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Billy Gnosis posted:

Andrew seems to have revealed February's patreon episode on Twitter Man of Steel

Never saw it or remember much about it.

Ugh.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

New Yorkers love to talk about NY

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

So how does this compare to How Did This Get Made or The Flop House? I gave both of those a try, but I just got sick and tired of the hosts continuously interrupting and shouting over each other and the endless riffs, resulting in it feeling like no one ever could complete a thought without someone screaming an unfunny joke that got run into the ground about 18 hours ago.

I just want a podcast where people watch a "bad" movie and actually talk about it, with a sensible amount of humour thrown in, instead of just a bunch of people sitting around talking over one another, repeating the same joke 18000 times.

WHM mostly fits the bill but they do have running jokes that might bother you

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

How dare you drive a tiny baby wild with desire.

I can’t believe that loving line

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Fart City posted:

Actually, you know what film maker would be both a sacred cow to some, and have enough of a filmography to sustain a theme month?

Kevin Smith.

Good call. Yoga Hosers is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

They really botched the origin of Monkey Jesus in the Robin Hood episode

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Imagine having the job to remove the dick

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Nice! For anyone who has yet to see Tuff Turf, get on it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

To this day the only Friday the 13th movies I’ve seen are the remake and Jason X.

None of them are Actually Good

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Going after a Danny Boyle movie. For shame, WHM.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I dig this podcast but I wish they’d stop with those series reviews. Those Pirates movies are so similar I didn’t need 4 episodes on them.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

09 is going to win because it’s the most recent and people are dumb. Never mind that it’s easily the least interesting of the lot

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m going to check it out. I love Danny Boyle and the Beatles. I suspect they’re too hard on it

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The korn cast was pretty good.

I listened to that nu Metal poo poo in high school and holy hell has it aged poorly. Just this directionless white boy angst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Zore posted:

I think almost all my favorite episodes are them covering romantic comedies, horror movies or like the few times they've done Hallmark tier poo poo like Cyber Seduction

For sure, that’s when they’re firing on all cylinders.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this but I’m always a little disappointed when they do a recently released action movie.