Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

tin can made man posted:

What episode has them going on a little tangent about Unsolved Mysteries and how the show started running out of actual murders/missing persons/lost heir material so they started running stories about the Bigfoot and such? Like a dream, I can vividly picture the bit, but all the surrounding details are fuzzy, so if anyone here remembers, then maybe you can help solve a mystery

The Wizard. It's the ep I happened to listen to yesterday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The first two films I recall watching in theaters were TMNT 2 and Look Who's Talking Now. I wonder if that traumatized me somehow.

Can't recall any specific movie I watched a lot as a kid though. Maybe that Land Before Time sequel where the waterfall stopped.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also watched Casper: A Spirited Beginning WAY too many times as a kid.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

He's so badass, he cuts his pizza with scissors. SCISSORS.

I always found people's (especially Dan Ryckert's) fixation on this utterly baffling: through all my childhood me and my family would use kitchen scissors to cut pizza and I still do for the most part. I haven't seen the movie so I guess he uses office scissors?

Anyway, they better be spammed with requests for Book of Henry.

Edit:vvv Good man.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 16, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I gotta watch it now. I've heard such a wide array of opinions on this thing, from people calling it an abortion to praising it, and now it's up for a loving Oscar? I have to see what this is.

Despite not having seen Boss Baby I'm willing to bet the sole reason for the Oscar nom was "there are 5 slots and it was either this or the loving Emoji Movie"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

Called in Mom And Dad Save The World, so in advance, potentially, I’m sorry.

Oof now THERE’S a movie I saw a bunch of times as a kid. Kept rerunning on tv for some reason. Even back then I just kept wondering “The hell is THIS?”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I guess you could call it a Dadaist masterpiece.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

everything about this passage makes me want to die

I don't recall exactly where I heard this (might have even been these forums) but I recall someone proposing the thought experiment of reading this book but replacing every single pop culture reference with completely fictional titles and objects which would only be known to people inside that universe (i.e. instead of Back To The Future, have them call it Bloogertron or something). It would become utterly unreadable.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

RobotDogPolice posted:

There are a lot of nerds out there with nothing to offer beyond having an encyclopedic knowledge of the media they consume.

What would be good things to "offer" besides that? Asking for a friend.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not too crazy about Blame It On Outer Space (maybe it's because he's playing a character) but he's definitely my favorite in WHM due to his voice and sense of comedic timing. All of my hysterical laughter moments have been one of his random one liners (my favorite is probably his Jeffrey Dahmer joke in Demolition Man)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 6, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

gently caress yes, there is so much that is insane and bad about You've Got Mail

To say nothing about the fact that thanks to Amazon BOTH of these guys are destitute! Happy Valentine’s Day!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

To be fair, they were probably trying to do that because he was baked off his rear end 24/7, about to go to prison for tax fraud, and also wouldn't open his eyes.

He just wouldn't.

Didn’t he at one point just outright refuse to leave his trailer meaning that they had to shoot most of the movie without him?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That would make a great spoof trailer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Spider-Man:TAS was surprisingly awesome for the amount of bullshit censorship that was crammed down their throats (everyone has laser guns! Even in WORLD WAR II). I do agree with WHM that they overdid it with the ridiculously long story arcs though.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

God loving drat it, why did I forget to call in Book of Henry.

I Know Who Killed Me is going to freaking OWN though.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if the WHM crew was ever made aware of the utterly batshit reason why the Noid was retired:

https://www.fastcodesign.com/3032911/kidnapping-death-pizza-how-dominos-lost-its-mascot

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Death Wish 4 and 5 are just bad movies. I really have no idea how they made 5. Bronson looks like he's on deaths doorstep the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDIoy9deFAc&t=19s

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

I’ll always laugh at their Stan Lee being this insane monster, who does things like routinely piss on Kirby’s grave.

“Drink up, Jack.”

My personal favorite was that time they’d suggested that Stan Lee had a clause in his will where upon his death, necromancers would raise KIRBY from the dead just so Lee could steal his grave.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Also maybe they're wary of how the Martin Cinemax jokes land in a post #MeToo world.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

I actually watched I Know Who Killed Me in the lead-up to the episode, and by god it's a rough sit. I don't know if I'd call it "barely a movie" but it's sure as poo poo in that zip code. It's hard to talk about because it's a maelstrom of nonsense, just one awful example of writing, acting and filmmaking after another, and it doesn't have a coherent narrative to give you sure footing in the storm. It's absolutely awe-inspiring and I'd recommend it in the way I'd recommend Foodfight, Master of Disguise or the Star Wars Holiday Special - it's an uniquely abrasive experience.

As multiple reviews pointed out at the time, when you literally have ART BELL show up in the middle of the movie to essentially EXPLAIN WHAT’S HAPPENING, your movie has PROBLEMS.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

March Schedule:

Episode 347 — Shrek

Episode 348 — Wild Hogs

Episode 349 — Lost in Space

Episode 350 — Airborne

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Iron Man: "Iron Man on the Inside" (s2, e19)

The Nexus — TOS: "Arena" (s1, e18) & TNG: "Coming of Age" (s1, e18)

Patreon Bonus Episode for February — Jungle 2 Jungle

I recall watching several eps of the Iron Man cartoon as a kid but the only thing I actually REMEMBER is the theme song ("I! AM! I-RON-MAAAAAAAAN!"), M.O.D.O.K being reduced to an idiotic lackey and them trying to make the Mandarin not racist by making him inexplicably green a la James Bond Jr.

Lost In Space was also a movie I watched several times as a kid, to my eternal shame. Can't wait to hear their take on "I love you wife".

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 2, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I remember being a stupid kid and finding Shrek 2 to be superior to the original. Now I can’t help but wonder if while I enjoyed the movie a monkey paw was curling up somewhere.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished it. Pretty great.

And next month's exclusive is Transcendence. Definitely getting my money's worth with this Patreon.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Jesus Christ, if you're not on the Patreon, Jungle 2 Jungle is incredibly worth it. Cabin's Seagal impersonation and the whole ex-pats bit is amazing. I was shaking stifling laughter during a bus ride, but lost it when they started riffing on the actor trying to hide his Bronx accent and continuing to escalate it. It might be my favorite episode.

I have repeatedly joked that Depardieu and Seagal should make a movie together (for example a remake of Face/Off since they have the same body type :v:) but their sitcom idea is far more hilarious.

“Vlad’s coming over and I want this place clean!”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My personal favorites so far in no particular order:

- Demolition Man (Stallone impressions, especially the "Save Tonight" bit)
- Bee Movie (for just the right amount of political humor and the Bee puns, especially "Steve Beenon")
- Jungle 2 Jungle (again, the Seagal/Depardieu/Snowden sitcom. "Listen to me you fat gently caress, it's called the chore wheel")
- Batman Forever (no particular reason)
- Batman vs Superman (anytime they mock the Kentucky senator)
- Ducktales (them finally calling out Scrooge McDuck for the miserly bastard he is, the nephews impressions. "I could have you killed!")
- Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (the "probably Secundus" gag)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 15, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

MAY SCHEDULE

Say what? The Schedule, in advance?! It's the least we could do! By subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're putting out in May:

Episode 354 — The Bucket List

Episode 355 — Dollman

Episode 356 — X-Files: I Want to Believe

Episode 357 — Witless Protection

Episode 358 — X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — The Boss Baby: Back in Business: "The Constipation Situation" (s1, e6)

The Nexus — TOS: "Tomorrow is Yesterday" (s1, e19) & TNG: "Heart of Glory" (s1, e18)

Patreon Bonus Episode for May — Transcendence

Oh man, I had blocked I Want To Believe out of my memories. GOD what a piece of poo poo that was.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 8, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

I rewatched all of the X-files about a year back before the new episodes came out and I still can't remember what the gently caress happens in I want to believe. Xibit is there with a pedophile priest and something about Russian dog heads I think?

Not dog heads, just regular heads. Xzibit and pedophile priest Billy Connolly were there though.

The reason why you hardly remember that movie is because NOTHING HAPPENS IN IT. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with another Ultraviolet style ep since so little happens in that movie besides Mulder and Scully repeating the same discussion about "Is this real or not" and "Not giving up" over and over.

Only other things I remember was Amanda Peet's hilarious death by elevator shaft, Mulder and Scully staring at a portrait of George W. Bush while the X-Files theme plays and Xzibit bursting into a room yelling "DOWN ON THE FLOOR! DOWN ON THE FLOOR! EVERYBODY GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR" as if he was suddenly recording a new track.

Iron Crowned posted:

I remember liking it when I saw it in theaters.

I saw that movie in the theater for free and I STILL felt cheated.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 4, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Loved the return of the Seagal/Depardieu/Snowden sitcom. If they make this a running gag throughout all the Patreon eps, it's MORE than worth the money.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Their Johnny Depp impersonation is constantly threatening to turn into a Robin Williams impersonation

Or Robin Williams playing Hunter S. Thompson.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Someone on the subreddit found a Cracked article that had an old leaked behind the scenes photo that has Chris Carter with a dude who seems to be wearing a werewolf mask, so that might have something to do with it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25586_5-awesome-movie-plot-leaks-that-inexplicably-went-nowhere.html

(sorry I can't put the picture directly; I'm phone posting)

Yeah, I remember listening to the Dread Central podcast when this movie came out and Andrew Kasch was utterly furious at them leaking werewolf pictures then giving us this snooze fest of a non movie.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

It's amazing to me that nobody got this idea. Like Depp was okay in The Rum Diary but Williams would have been much better in that role.

Depp LOOKS a lot more like Thompson though. Also since Depp and Thompson were so close, I like to think he has Thompson's blessing to play him whenever.

clown shoes posted:

Chris Carter is yet another creator who doesn't seem to get his own creation.

Even before I Want To Believe people were saying that writers like Morgan and Wong were the true talent behind the show. I agree that they should have Roddenberry'd him out of the revival.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 19, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man, the Krang jokes in this last one freaking killed me.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Regarding this latest Animation Damnation EP (Thundercats)... Is it just me or was Chris Cabin high as gently caress?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm It Could Happen to You. Boo.

(I remember that movie being OK. But holy poo poo was Rosie Perez the loving worst in that movie).

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

well why not posted:

Did we talk about how extremely, extremely stoned crabin is on the thundercats AD? It sounds like he's podcasting while lying face down.

AceOfFlames posted:

Regarding this latest Animation Damnation ep (Thundercats)... Is it just me or was Chris Cabin high as gently caress?

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 16, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I actually found this episode much funnier than the Jurassic World ep, but I might be biased because any time they break out the Jesse Ventura impressions it becomes an instant fave for me.

"We beefily fell into the Hollow Earth and went beyond the realm of Man!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jun 21, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks a lot, now I'm likely on a watchlist. :mad:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

JULY SCHEDULE

Say what? The Schedule in advance?! It's the least we could do! By subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're putting out in July:

Episode 365 — Rambo III

Episode 366 — Runaway Bride

Episode 367 — Eraser

Episode 368 — Rookie of the Year
Episode 369 — Armageddon

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Avengers: United They Sand: "Egg-Streme Vengeance" (s1, e10)

The Nexus — TOS: "The Return of the Archons" (s1, e21) & TNG: "Symbiosis" (s1, e21)

Patreon Bonus Episode for May — America's Sweethearts

Eh, so so line up. Armageddon should be good, though. Looking forward to the cringe fest that is the cracker scene.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hockles posted:

It's why Bronson movies are the perfect ones for me, because I love that accent/impression.

Same for me and the Jesse Ventura impressions. Especially when they make go into rambling monologues like in Demolition Man.

"I was supposed to get a role in Black Panther but that phone ain't ringing"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Durandal1707 posted:

Yeah, originally they were gonna follow up on the bug aliens - I don't think they're ever named specifically but I might be wrong - but IIRC it was gonna cost a fair bit of money to flesh them out more. Season 2 was strike shortened and I vaguely remember the budget for that season was smaller than most of the other TNG seasons as a result. So the Borg were created because it was simply a lot cheaper to make leather/latex costumes and paint dudes albino than it would've been to make the bug creates.

Of course Q Who was an overbudgeted episode for that season anyway, which is why it ended on Shades of Grey :v:

Conspiracy really had a convoluted production history: the original concept was for it to be a straight forward political thriller about Starfleet being slowly taken over by militarists but naturally Roddenberry vetoed it sinch such a thing could never happen in the perfect Federation. Having it go from that into the Borg is kinda hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man, the Wishmaster ep is freaking hilarious. Their impressions and wishes were pure gold.