Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

What do we call the "Mr. Domino's" bits? I mean the character is technically not Mr. Domnio's as he's pleading his case to Mr. Domino's

pizza insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
After this episode I feel like rubbing up against a refrigerator.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I've tried listening to Blank Check a few times, but I've found the hosts annoying, partly with how much they interrupt and talk over each other.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Until today when they mentioned it in the podcast, this whole time I thought that kid was Mary-Kate and Ashley

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm almost surprised they haven't done a Home Alone 2 episode yet

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'd listen to Crunchcast

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

All the talk of Dog Cheers had me cackling but also, which episode is it where they die laughing at Kelsey Grammer falling off the stage?

Transformers: Age of Extinction

My favorite part of that episode is when they play the audio of his death scene later on.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Excited to hear that they're doing The Cat in the Hat next week. It's an episode I've been hoping they'd do for a long time because it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What episode is the "See ya later Eric" story from

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Theory: they’re doing this just do they won’t have to do Christmas with the Kranks.

Which I absolutely will wish for come spring.

There are so many terrible Christmas movies they could devote a full month to them. That movie, Deck the Halls, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Santa With Muscles...

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard at the cadbury and board game jokes

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Hey, these guys one time had 7000 episodes on their Patreon

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What milestone will they have to reach for them to do Nothing But Trouble?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Just wait for the next We Love Movies

I'll expect to see Zoo there at least

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm probably going to call in Diamonds Are Forever. It's completely bonkers, so I think they'd have a lot to talk about

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Eric's Trump impression in this episode and everyone else's extreme disgust at what he was saying might be the hardest I've laughed at this show

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I thought it was fun when they could respond a little to the chat last month, but when it's just recorded as a regular episode I don't see the point, aside from getting those sweet youtube bucks. They didn't really make the most of having video.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Dirty Grandpa, not Bad Grandpa

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Between Happytime Murders and Dirty Grandpa, it turns out "What if ________ jerked off and swore a lot?" isn't a good premise for a movie

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Aw that's unfortunate. That was the show in the tour I was looking forward to hearing most, I love that movie.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

Please don’t tease me like that, my heart can’t take it.

Let’s start a petition to make Disney redo the prequels like those whiney, sadness-covered babies did for The Last Jedi

The prequels are just as canon as you want them to be, because All the movies are works of fiction and the events didn't actually happen

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I didn't get any ads either. Maybe it has to do with how you listen to the episode? I download the episodes directly from the whm site.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Episode 431 — 2012

Were you to ask me if they had already done this movie for an episode, I would have said without a bit of doubt that they had. Man, so many dumb movies run together

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Between Kenny G's angry Batman v. Superman rant and every terrible teacher letter, I think the mailbag episodes might be the funniest to me.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

Well, the new Patreon change is gonna be an interesting one.

The monthly bonus episode is no longer WHM, it's one We Love Movies a month from here on out. Goldeneye in September.

You're telling me there's going to be an episode of We Love Video Games next month?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I must have as disgusting a mind as Chris does because I thought about the bologna again too when they started talking about Jason grabbing the mask off the ground

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

So are we going to start taking guesses for worst of 2019?

Will Smith was in another terrible movie, so that's probably a safe bet unless it's the boring kind of bad movie that they try to avoid

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Joe the Strummer posted:

The only guest I didn't like was a guy who was on one of their mailbags a while back. I can't remember what his name was, or which episode it was, but he was so drat annoying. Anyone else remember that guy?

I thought the same thing. I think he was someone at headgum, maybe? I was going to add that he's going to be in an upcoming episode, but when I went to check which episode I couldn't find where I read it. I guess I'm imagining things.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I've noticed a phenomenon with people who see TROS where they come out going "that was alright" and then start to dislike it more the more they think about it.

Disclaimer: I was one of those people

I think that's just star wars in general, save for the first two.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Trump liking green M&Ms, Obama taking a dump, and a lot of singing. This episode has it all

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Their onscreens of Game of Thrones were beyond boring as someone who hasn't seen the show. Anyone know if these episodes are the same?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
The only thing I know about Brian Blessed is that he voiced Boss Nass

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Elderbean posted:

POTC is a perfect encapsulation of Hollywood running something into the ground. First movie comes out of nowhere (based on a ride lmao) and does really well, so let's repeat the same formula until everyone hates the material and is sick of seeing Johhny Depps face.

I'm imagining an alternate universe where the Country Bears Jamboree movie is the one that becomes the huge hit that spawns numerous sequels

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I apparently forgot about an entire subplot in that last Pirates movie. Each time they went back to what Keira Knightley was doing I had no recollection of any of that.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I don't think I've seen a single frame of the fifth Pirates movie. The last few weeks I'd been trying to think of what the subtitle was but I couldn't even do it. That movie barely exists to me.

Rody One Half posted:

Oh boy the Scooby Doo movie's next

That's a movie I've been wondering when they'd do for a while.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Were any of the live action movies of 1960s cartoons that came out in the 90s/00s even semi-good? The ones that come to mind (Scooby-Doo, George of the Jungle, Dudley Do-Right, Mr. Magoo, and Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle) are all atrocious.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Wow, the stuff covered this month for Patreon might get me to finally sign up

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Checking the date it was first mentioned in the thread, I think the Boop stuff started in The Mummy episode. What the conversation was before it devolved into boardwalk shirts, I couldn't tell you.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Sounds like someone's been visiting the insane tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
This isn't really what you're talking about, but a small running gag I always appreciate is from the Getaway episode, where the Getaway song from Arrested Development would play for a bit whenever they say the title of the movie, which carries into later episodes on the very rare occasions they would ever mention that movie.