Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I'd love for them to get into a bit more of those odd 90's kids movies, like Blank Check and Milk Money.

Santa With Muscles
Top Dog

There's so many bad movies out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GPTribefan posted:

“Kids” has gotta be up there with “Primal Fear” for “most times referenced without being done as an episode”.

The past episode reminded me that Last Action Hero also has to be in the running for that

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm probably not remembering a bunch of episodes that go against this, but I find it a little funny that they've done more episodes of movies with Joseph Cotten in them than with Chuck Norris, and just as many episodes on Steven Seagal movies.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Hockles posted:

There is another new Minions movie coming up. They have stopped any illusion of it being a "Despicable Me" franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minions:_The_Rise_of_Gru

Wow, that never actually came out? I remember seeing all the licensed toys and crackers and whatever a long time ago, but I guess that's what happens when you push a movie's release back two years

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'll be honest, I didn't expect to hear a comparison between the movies The Expendables 2 and Amelie

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Can confirm this movie is blatant dogaganda. I hated this movie when I watched it as a kid because I'd had numerous bad encounters with dogs and loved my pet cat.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Eric winning for half the season, then ending up in last anyway is possibly the best way for that to have ended

And proof that it was rigged against him

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Yet again, I am feeling good about the podcast being easy enough to follow and enjoy without having seen the movie.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
They'd ask him to come on We Hate Movies, but then he'd insist they never told him the name

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
A real stadium-style lineup for WLM month

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I first watched the movie this year, and I loved how completely over the top and silly the action was, but it just felt so long. It should have ended at the bridge, but then it just keeps going for what feels like 30 extra, unneeded minutes.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

SilentChaz posted:

The phone line and email for Listener Request Month are open!

Main feed: 1-833-946-4264 or 1-833-WHM-GANG

Patreon: whmrequests AT gmail.com

itshappening.gif

Deadline is midnight EST January 27th.

And once again I hope for Sub Rosa to be picked for the Nexus

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Another year without an Enterprise episode :negative:

still no dr crusher ghost sex

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I watched Raiders and Last Crusade back to back a couple months ago, not having seen the latter in quite a few years, which was a bit of a mistake since it really showed how much of Last Crusade was just the first movie again except cornier. Still enjoyable but not "Almost as good as Raiders" as I remembered.

I did notice though that Marcus Brody clearly got brain damage from getting knocked out in the library, because he acts like he did in the first film until then and afterward he's a bumbling moron.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm trying to remember what the certified main feed EMERGENCY eps are. BvS and Morbius are the only ones I can remember, but I'm sure there are others.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Isn't there an atrocious green screen effect when the plane crashes into the mountain, like the mountain in the background shifts because the effect wasn't lined up properly? I must be misremembering, because not a single person is mentioning it, but I could swear that happens in this movie

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Chris just offhandedly mentioning that he and his wife sit in the front 2 rows was insane to me. He's experiencing movies on an entirely different level than the rest of us.

He's the #10 Most Contrarian Critic for a reason

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

dorium posted:

like for as bad as Batgirl might've been it 1. would've given us Brendan Fraser playing a villain 2. still gave us some Keaton, but possibly with some actual meat on the bone in his role 3. might've been completely passable in a year of terrible cape flicks. Who knows! Just the fact that the flash came out and that one got tossed in the shredder is just baffling. Zaslav is going to piece meal WB and sell off the chunks soon enough.

They shelved the movie with a lead who just won an academy award in favor of the movie with a lead who is a noted criminal

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

They should have gotten Eric Roberts on the show. He practically asked for an invite!

They'd bring him on the podcast, but he'd somehow miss them clearly stating the name of the show and spend half the interview making fun of them for not telling him the name

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Just show him the movie, Jesus. It’s not like it’s Zoo.

Now there's a movie that's a christmas tradition

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

god I have been wanting a love actually episode for ages, this is great news. they’re going to have a lot of fun with it

also if you didn’t listen to yesterday’s mailbag you need to, the story of Hunga Games is one of the best they’ve ever read

Hunga Game is a great companion story to Too Much Long John Silver's

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Arson Daily posted:

I liked DH2 when I was little because I was a huge airplane nerd and that whole setting really spoke to me. Then I grew up and realized the whole premise of airliners running out of fuel because they only had 90 minutes of fuel left is total nonsense. You can practically fly to Miami from DC in 90 minutes. Like I get that you need to up the tension and suspend disbelief and all that but it really took me out of the movie after I figured that out. John Amos and William Sadler are always a treat though and Ill watch it just to see those two.

Also, and I've watched this movie maybe twice and it's been a long time, but it bothered me since I first saw it that isn't the bad guys' demands just "give us this corrupt general or we'll crash every plane in the sky"? Ok, so why not then? Yes I'm probably being stupid and/or totally misremembering major details from the film, but that doesn't seem like very good reason to risk the lives of hundreds of people when you could just arrest the guy again.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Will this year be the year of Sleazebaggano (and Ninja Scroll)?

And Sub Rosa for the Nexus.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Calexio posted:

What are some episodes with your folks' favourite individual bits or moments? Personally, I'm very partial to the masked sperm discovery from Son of the Mask. The brief moment of stunned silence after the review of the evidence is sublime.

The episode on Suicide Squad had the conversations about a real life suicide squad and also the mandela effect

The dangling foot fetish story from the old mailbag episode

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

mweber posted:

Is that where “she’s danglin’ and she don’t even know it” came from? I’ve been convinced it was from a tag on IMDB, but haven’t looked into it for obvious reasons.

Yeah. It's from this mailbag

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I think they've mentioned The Arrival being a Stay Tuned before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The Gillman posted:

I always laugh when they riff about the idea of this most recent movie and then find out live that it already exists

You just reminded me of one of my favorite reactions they've had- when Andrew and Eric discovered live what the original title of And Then There Were None was.