Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

The only bad thing about podcasts like this is you really need to watch the film in order to get anything out of them. I don't know if I want to sit through Jingle All the Way 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

My god the Twister episode is great and sums up everything I hated about that lovely film.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Septic Knothead posted:

People on the fence about WHM should listen to the Addicted To Love episode. Their disdain for Matthew Broderick is off the chart. It's loving great.
I think the disdain they have for Jim Belushi in the Taking Care of Business episode tops it.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

One knock for WHM aside from the interchangeability of its hosts

How are the hosts interchangeable?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

egon_beeblebrox posted:

On Blame It On Outer Space, they mention Something Awful and get defensive about goons' comments, so they at least read it.

What episode was that?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Ugh, I love these guys but I can't stand Schwarzenegger impressions.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

What is Jupin referring to in the disclaimer at the beginning of the Rapture episode?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

How the frick do I access the WHM ON-SCREEN episodes? I want to check out their opinions on the last Star Trek but I can't seem to find it in the app I bought? Am I doing something wrong?

I've very inept at technology.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Did you buy it on the Podcast Source app? (Terrible app, used to be Podcast Box I think, but it just got a redesign and new name) This one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-podcast-source/id419361759?mt=8

Because that's what I bought it on. And the newest On-Screen episode appears to be from March 2014. Kind of sucks that I bought the app with them saying I'd have access to the bonus episodes, and now they stopped that and only sell them individually, but oh well.

Yes that's the one. It's terrible and I can't find the Star Trek episode on the Band Camp page either.

I will never hear it.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Jim Belushi is just the worst so listening to these guys rip on him is a real treat

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

They gotta pay the bills. I have no problem with the ads at all.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I think that movie killed Carveys career

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Does anyone know what podcast Jupin was on discussing WHM? He mentioned it in an episode but I can't recall which one

VVVV Thanks!

Yaws fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 1, 2015

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

BlameSpacePod posted:

You're right. Sorry for posting guys! The best trick the devil ever pulled was posting on SA and then, poof: Slenderman.

I'm out! Thank you!

Everyone here is a fan of the show man. People are going to have minor quibbles here and there though. No biggie.

Anyway, I like the show best when they're doing an episode on a movie they loving hate and are disgusted by. There's a visceral thrill in hearing them tear apart cinematic trash like Easy Rider: The Ride Back, Boondock Saints 2 and Son of the Mask.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's Jupins podcast so I don't think he'd be the one leaving. I hope it's not Sajdack. He's my fave.

I think they're referring to Connery or the new digs though

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Ugh. Going by Jupins twitter feed someone is leaving. This sucks.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Mortal Kombat sucks for being a Mortal Kombat movie with no blood in it.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm honestly curious: did you even notice before it was pointed out?

I didn't. But it retroactively ruined the movie for me.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Are they done with Side Order of Sleaze?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wish they'd review more z movie trash.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I love slashers but it's a subgenre thats easy to make fun of. If it is Freddy vs. Jason they might recommend it anyway. It's not a bad movie.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Anyone watch the movie they were in?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

This get's brought up a lot and I just don't understand it. Their voices are completely distinguishable to me :shrug:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Aside from shows featuring Larry the Cable Guy voices (which is only 2 or 3) which I can't stand (but that's just a personal thing), I wouldn't say there were any bad episodes. That said, I noticed that the episodes covering new movies tend to be less funny. BvS and Entourage spring to mind. I can understand the hatred for Entourage but that episode is like 2 hours long and they have to tell us about character stories from the series - and correct each other because they hadn't seen all the series - and it begins to drag. I think there are only 10 or maximum 15 episodes I wouldn't listen to again. That is a drat great strike rate for 250 episodes.

So, episodes on newly released movies generally less funny. Agree/disagree?

I def. prefer when they do old z grade poo poo

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Corek posted:

This has to be up with Foodfight and Easy Rider 2 for "most bizarre premise".

There's not many movies that are less in need of a sequel than Easy Rider. That story is perfectly self-contained.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Violator posted:

Does anyone remember the semi ongoing joke about nerds complaining about something and then having sex with their mom?

Violator posted:

Aaaaaaaaand I'm the nerd they make fun of.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

That episode is what made me realize what a 'tall glass of water' is.
I think at least one of them dislikes the movie, which shouldn't be possible either

I had no idea what they were talking about for the longest time. Guys like their weed :)

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wonder if previous generations were as obsessed with nostalgia/reliving their childhood as this one.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

xzoto1 posted:

I think it's obvious the WHM gang reads this thread
What makes you say that? Besides Eric posting here I mean

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Street Fighter is dope in black and white

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Which one was Kenny G. again?

Also I gotta be honest I'm pretty sure I love the mailbags more than the actual episodes at this point. I was loving dying.

The BvS mailbag

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I'm going to watch Star Trek V: The Final Frontier so I can better appreciate the upcoming episode

:suicide:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I get the feeling Sajdak has no interest in Side order of Sleaze. I don't think he's been on a single episode.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers is the worst of the Halloween movies.

I say this haven't seen Rob Zombies second Halloween movie.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

weekly font posted:

It's actually Resurrection but Curse is right there.

Ya got me. I totally forgot about the Busta Rhymes one.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

drat it, which one of you guys are responsible for this?

Where is this posted? I'm clicking around their Patreon page and I can't find it.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

The Three Shells in Demolition Man has bewildered me for over 20 years and I'm glad I finally got an answer.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I'm really not looking to them do all the Transformers movies. Everyone and their dog has been tearing those movie down for ten years now.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

The Resident Evil movies might not take the gold in the contest, but they definitely medal. They're so far from where they started that actual references to the source material are basically easter eggs.

They might not get specific events correct but they nail the dumbass tone of the latter day RE games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's kind of irrelevant because who the gently caress has even heard of Getter Robo?