Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
We Hate Movies owns and the Abraxus episode is a drat masterpiece. Secundus

Also the theme song to How Did This Get Made is legitimately one of the worst things I've ever heard, I'd probably be able to enjoy the show if I wasn't cringing for 20-25 seconds straight at the top of each episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

ravenkult posted:

What are some good episodes? I've listened to Mortal Kombat, Dreamcatcher and a few others.

I'm a sucker for bad impressions, so my favorites are:

Ep 21 - The Principal - Jim Belushi acts like a jerk, hits kids.
Ep 110 - Foodfight! - Cartoon animals explore sexuality and racism.
Ep 145 - Hard Target - Wilford Brimley dons a Cajun accent.
Ep 157 - Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe - Abraxas v. Secundas
Ep 171 - Secret Window - Lunatic author steals story.

I couldn't find a link on the website but Seventh Son is a great episode.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

You shtole mah story.

Ah'll be back in three days...

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Canvas is another great Gary Busey episode. Plus, John Rhys Davies!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

"You could draw a turtle, or Kiefer Sutherland"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The Harry's plugs are at least in the beginning of the episode so they're easier to skip over.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

So many good opportunities for next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx0ss7z184o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjkpap_gMpM

Or, if they disregard the ten-year rule:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7xNSNsWGA

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Oh my god I listened to the Taking Care of Business episode at work today and it might be my new favorite. When they were talking about tricking Charles Grodin into yelling "BEETHOVEN" as his dying words, I straight-up lost it.

Cannonball!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I didn't kill THESE prostitutes

She was dead when I got here

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Walter DownHill
Tom OverWaits

The dumb jokes in this episode are 10/10. I'm like fifteen minutes in and I'm dying.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I can't decide which impression is better, Belushi or Brimley.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I loved the Jeff Bridges impressions. "Fuckin witches!"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I fell asleep during Green Lantern. I'm excited to see which parts of that movie actually happened and which parts were a boredom induced fever dream.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Winston and Egon were neck and neck for the best ghostbusters, but Winston wins just because he wasn't loving the slime.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I think Foodfight was the first episode I heard. It might have been Catwoman? Either way, both solid episodes.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

:smug: Hey fellas, heard you're treatin' women, queers and ethnics like actual human beings, thought I'd come down here and straighten you out on a few points :smug:

Cannonball!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Yeah Eric is definitely the funniest, he reminds me of Norm Macdonald. But they're all hilarious so it's a tough contest.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

I like the HDTGM ads better because it's just Paul reading from a script for a minute or two, max. WHM ads have you have everyone getting a remark or two in, maybe a derail, and an overly long explanation of what the service being hocked is.

I really don't understand how anyone can tolerate WHM's ads over HDTGM's.

The derails are usually the funniest part of the show, so the ads are still entertaining to me.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I totally forgot about the big red furry monster until this episode.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

So is it safe to say next weeks will be Stealth?

Does the 10 year rule still apply for Listener Request Month? Because apparently he was also in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

But my money is on Stealth. I remember liking Stealth but I was also like 13 or 14 when I saw it so I wouldn't be shocked if it's garbage.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I really should've started listening to Blame It On Outer Space earlier, it's hilarious.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I'd want to request The Stupids. Ridiculous Tom Arnold movie with horrid CGI, a Christopher Lee cameo, and a very awkward racist scene that adds nothing to the plot.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

All good suggestions. I also want them to do The Master of Disguise because them dismantling terrible "family" movies are some of my favorite episodes and hoo boy is that a movie that is ugly and offensive on just about every narrarive, structural, and moral level.

It's on Netflix! I rewatched it recently because I remembered liking the turtle club scene. It is nearly unwatchable.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

precision posted:

HE KNEW THEY COULD FLY! THERE'S A loving AVIARY!!!!

Also, Blame it on Outer Space is really good, it's a lot more mellow and dry humor-ish which makes it great for late night. It's better than Coast to Coast AM has been since, like, 2003.

Don't forget, two of the episodes feature Wilford Brimley! And one has Abraxas...

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

BlameSpacePod posted:

Thank you. That's very kind of you to say. I know some folks had checked the show out before and weren't feeling it. I'd recommend they give it another shot since the show has entered a new era of no longer having in person guests and rather making Rich a permanent fixture starting with the Water Fluoridation episode but I'd say Pigman is a good place to start.

The show will have a "season finale" sometime the week of June 15th with an all call-in episode that won't be streaming live but it'll focus on individual calls and topics they bring up, one after another. I'd love for some of you SA kids to join in since you all know Slender men and whatnot. 718-593-4619 or Skype BlameSpacePod. It'll probably be Thursday the 18th from 7:30 EST to 9:30 EST. Follow the show's twitter for more up to date info as it becomes available @BlameSpacePod

Pigman episode is a good one! The one about vaccines was also great. Really I don't think I've heard a bad episode.

I'll have to think of a case file to call in about, there's so many choices...

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGmrqLN_CU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Scooby Doo movie owns though.

If you want a genuinely terrible kids movie from around that time, I recommend the Jason Lee Underdog film. It's unsettling.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

A Meat posted:

You could probably fill a whole year of just bad movies with talking dogs, CG or otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4S8z6496w

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I haven't decided which one yet but I'm definitely gonna call in some hosed up 90s kids movies.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The Duke posted:

These movies would probably fit more in Side Order of Sleaze but I'd also love to hear them talk about the baffling comedy Sorority Boys or one of the direct to video American Pie sequels. I've seen them all, and they are terrible.

Oh my god, Sorority Boys. Completely forgot about that movie. Harland Williams's low point.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Darthemed posted:

I feel like if WHM ever gets around to doing The Stupids, they'll have a little more fun with it than they expected.

I think that's what I'm calling in. Either that or The Pest. The Stupids is more wall-to-wall ridiculous but The Pest has Jeffrey Jones. And each film has one weird out-of-place racist scene!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

With Cult leader Christopher Lloyd.

So next weeks it could be Son of Mask, Spiceworld, The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Get Carter, Spy Kids 3d, or Garfield.

Spiceworld is genuinely one of my favorite movies but I'd kinda love them to do an episode about it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Jesus.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

N64 graphics?

Pretty much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Nb608AZVc

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, we're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't we?

I'm either calling in that, The Stupids, or The Pest. I can't decide :( they're all so good/bad in their own different ways..

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just got to the point of the episode where the baby is doing all the shapeshift-y stuff.

Am I the only person who doesn't find that stuff disturbing or horrific? Am I missing something?

They put up some pictures on the Facebook page, it is fairly unsettling IMHO, I assume it's even worse in motion.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I forgot how good the Substitute episode was.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I found a real lovely pro life "horror" movie I might request for Stay Tuned - Robert Loggia is in it, it's super misogynistic and there's a terrible twist ending. It might almost be too vile.

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

BlameSpacePod posted:

"They" of course means 1 person on the show while Chris and I both defended Looper on the air.

Regarding Bogus Journey, and DragonHeart, and every movie you love: sometimes we enjoy watching movies that aren't Nukie-level and I think we're able to mine it for jokes a lot easier producing all in all a better podcast. I think some of the the best episodes often come out of "middle of the road" movies. We've also gone on to recommend movies we do on the show, which I think Bogus Journey would definitely get.

I'm really starting to feel that with WHM we can't do anything right. People complain when we did Camp Nowhere since it was "too small" of a movie, then when we do big movies like T3 or DragonHeart people complain that they "like" those movies. I genuinely like a lot of movies we've covered. I nearly shut down the mere notion of doing an episode on The Running Man for instance but then I realized: it's OK to like a movie, let's have fun discussing it. It's just a fun conversation. I don't think we ever intend anything we say on the show to be the "definitive" opinion and often when I lurk somewhere, I feel bad about the way the show is perceived but that's on us, I know. I just want to post and say, hey, dudes, I feel you and I'm not trying to crap on things just to crap on them. I want to goof around about them.

We also mention "STAAAATION!!" a lot because it's a funny concept to us, which is probably a credit to the film we're referring to...

Don't mind me folks, I just wanted to stress despite our show name, tones, and demeanor, this show is not coming out of purely negative state. We love movies, we love watching movies, we enjoy what we do. We do it for a reason and that has to say something about even the worst movies we discuss. I always felt like we should be more-so labelled a "movie" show than a "bad movie" show.

Anyway, sorry I don't mean to be a buzzkill, I want to also sincerely thank you all for listening. It's been an incredible journey going from a cynical jerk in NYC to a cynical jerk in NYC with a podcast people actually enjoy. It means the world to all of us over at WHM Headquarters. Thanks guys.

It's okay to like a movie.