Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Because both of those movies are perfect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For a movie with so much going on, it becomes impressively dull.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Firstborn posted:

... For some reason I thought he was in Earth Girls Are Easy but he was probably like 9 yo. Why didn't I call that in?!

Because Julie Brown is BAE?

Duckula posted:

Warriors of Virtue was genuinely one of the most painful watches for this podcast. Listener request month never fails to deliver on the most unwatchable nonsense.

30 minutes in. So far, it's the worst parts of The Neverending Story and The Forbidden Kingdom mushed together, but the villain just lights up the screen.

EDIT: Made it to the end. It feels like there are about 45 minutes missing, which is great, because more of this movie is not what the world needs, but sucks, because what's left doesn't make much sense, even as a 90's kids' fantasy adventure movie. Cut the kid and focus more on the elemental kangaroo warriors. They're who you want to see anyway.

This is it. I am Patreonizing them.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 7, 2021

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It has a few hours of material cut from it. Of course it doesn't make sense.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

thrawn527 posted:

Hours? Hours. How does it have hours cut? This is a Justice League situation?

Maybe not hours, but some of the directors' interviews definitely make it sound like there's more material on the floor than the screen.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1998-the-avengers-oral-history/

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I haven't seen Stargate in 25 years. We rented it, along with a few other movies, from a local video store, the tape slid under the seat when we went to return them, and that singular tape wasn't found until a few months later. My dad refused to pay the $90 late fee, so we never went back to that store, and he complained about "the stupid Egypt movie" for years.

French Stewart as a soldier who bullies James Spader is hysterical. Most of the effects, besides the helmets retracting, are still pretty solid. All in all, not a bad attempt at establishing some kind of archaeo-punk science-fantasy genre.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
One of the first CDs I owned was the American Werewolf in Paris OST. Mostly holds up despite the movie being kind of a wet fart. Or maybe it's okay? I dunno. It encouraged this weirdness, so I can't be too mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7DsG5vW9VY

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
General chemistry and attraction between characters who are supposed to be in romantic relationships. Not sex scenes.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Pippi.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The commentary is American Movie. I can't even.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I went to Toronto as a kid and there were Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves posters EVERYWHERE. When I finally saw it, I remember thinking "THIS is the movie they were proud enough of to slather every bus terminal and subway station?"

Pops Mgee posted:

Can definitely see them doing the new Mortal Kombat. There were way worse movies this year but it will for sure make a great episode.

"In lieu of the VHS Trailer Game... what do you think Cole's power is?"

"COMPLETE AND TOTAL BULLSHIT?"

"And that's Szyska for the win."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
They don't really have another one worth talking about.

You're not gonna get more than 15 minutes out of a bad cover of Faith or a bad cover of the Mission Impossible theme.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'd be more interested in them analyzing something by, say, The Bloodhound Gang.

Eric Szyszka's opinions on Fire Water Burn are something I need.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If you've seen American Movie and, for whatever reason, haven't watched Coven, do yourself a favor.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Dammit! All the reinvigorated talk about CGI actors and it's too late to submit Simone for LRM.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ravenkult posted:

*ad talk*

Am I the only one that's getting 2 ad breaks on WHM? At this point that's 5-6 ads per episode.

Been relistening to the Phantom Menace Saga episodes of Blank Check and there were ads for my local Menard's at the start, so things could be much, much worse.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

MariusLecter posted:

So did the Chip n Dale movie actually use the Russian Gadget Cult as a plot point? That is the only thing im really interested in. Put it in spoilers if you must or whatever.

No. It would have been better off.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
1) Eric's Alec Baldwin narrator voice is amazing.

2) I would kill for Wes Anderson's Elongated Man.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Cabin is right. More people need to see Windy City Heat.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For whatever reason, I get True Lies and The Long Kiss Goodnight confused and it always takes me a minute to remember that I really like The Long Kiss Goodnight and True Lies is mostly just okay.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Gorr sucked.

We're told he's as fearsome and terrible of a god butcherer as he is in the comics. What we're shown is him accidentally killing a god and, about an hour later, a bloodless husk that the other gods, safe in their parliament, should maybe fear because implications.

Don't hire the dude who will physically and emotionally destroy himself to tell scary stories to kids who can't act. Make him the thing to fear.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Faculty should be a WLM. It's every terrible 90's teen movie run together but good.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That son of a bitch Richard's at it again!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Everything from Tim Burton's Birthday Party needs to be stitched together and sent to DeepBlueInk.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Rageaholic posted:

Animation Damnation: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) “Plan 10” (s2, e21)

That is such a bizarre AD choice. Even for TMNT.

I love it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That absolutely tracks. Patreon money well spent.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Forget whatever James Gunn's plan is and start the NuDCU with Pennyworth and Fox spending all the Fat Little Bitch's money before he comes home from "China."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For real. Bale mostly deploys the voice against criminals in Batman Begins, save for the incredibly on-the-nose conversation with Rachel. It's when he uses it in conversation with Selina and Alfred in the sequels that the voice modulating cowl from the Snyder films, while a bit silly, does actually feel more grounded in reality.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Of course notorious grump Chris Cabin doesn't like Danny Deckchair. Next he'll be ranting about Welcome to Woop Woop.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I've tried warning people. Milla Jovovich is a sometimes actress. You can't have her for every movie. It won't work.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Got very excited at the idea of a Ferris Beuller episode just for the minute-long cameo. Remembered there's already a Ferris Bueller episode. Act III TBD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Do not worry about Eric Roberts.