Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I'm going to go wildcard and guess "Why Him?" or "Passengers". I didn't hate Passengers but I can see why people would want to riff on it and tear it apart.

Also I'm opening a bar called Irish Blockbuster. Waking Ned Divine posters all over the place and Guinness Gummies as snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I kind of hope it's Solace, starring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell. Finished in 2014, it sat on the shelf for two years before being released at the tail-end of 2016. The crazy part was that it was originally going to be a sequel to Se7en.

But the more I think about it/obsess over a comedy podcast, the more I think it's going to be Collateral Beauty. It sounds more batshit than I could possibly believe.

Also: Suicide Squad. They've talked about it so much they have to do it/are planning on doing it. Just expect plenty of "It's okay to like a movie" throw-ins. Having watched it for the first time a couple of nights ago, I want them to tear it apart with the fury of a million suns.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
What are the dream choices for Listener Request Month? If you knew you were going to get picked, what's the movie you guys would submit, more than anything?

I am really frothing at the mouth to leave an awkward Skype call.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

TetsuoTW posted:

As long as it's a better episode than the BvS one I'm fine.

But the BvS episode is drat near perfect.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Called in to Listener Request, hoping they pick this amazing movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9qfcM3m3S4

The Skype wasn't working so I had to call long-distance. Such is my love for the WHM boys.

Also, as someone who just found out what The Nutshack is:

I hate all of you for bringing this to my attention.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Stephen posted this to his Twitter - apparently he's front and center on the 2nd picture when googling "Improv group". I have no idea what he's acting out.

Catch 'im in beeeeddd with improv etc etc

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing The Tales of Cowardly Steve.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Tonight I'll be heading into the big city to see Tuff Turf on the big screen in pristine 35mm. Cannot wait to watch this on a screen big enough to contain JACK MACK.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Calaveron posted:

I wanna go back some 100, 150 episodes and do a running countdown of every time they mention Chris Cabin's favorite documentary Zoo and Eric Szyszka's favorite sexual technique edging
I'd probably hit double digits before long.

I think edging jokes started with Batman v Superman because not getting off meant Supes would go and destroy buildings in frustration.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

poo poo Sadjak Sees On The Streets is a side podcast I would listen to

Completely agreed. I forget what episode it was, but the guy telling him "you better run, fat boy" made me laugh pretty hard.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Another Steve Story of cowardice! :D

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Hahaha holy poo poo. :haw:

Steve's tales of horror, embarrassment, and despair are absolutely the best thing about the podcast. I think about "yeah, you better run, fat boy" once a week at least.

It's not even schaudenfreude or anything. He's just got the bestest stories.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Hockles posted:

Did I miss them releasing an August mailbag ep?

Andrew teased on Twitter that the next mailbag has one of Chris Cabin's most infamous stories, so that's something to look forward to!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

They mentioned they recorded an episode for Fast Eight. Worst of 2017? Jesus that's a high bar for worst.

It's a five-Tuesday month so they're looking to fill a longer month. Also, their new Patreon levels have them doing an extra "thematic" episode a month. So they have 6 worst-of-2017-movies to cover next month.

I "gave up" on seeing Fast/Furious movies so maybe they're good now :shrug: but if there's something weird for them to glom on to in the newest movie, then I'm all for an episode on it.

Anything - ANYTHING - to get Steve and Andrew's large-testicled Vin Diesel impression back.

ALSO I'm hoping for Eric's dream of a Bye Bye Man episode to come true.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

See? I can be fun. *eh-heh.eh-heh.eh-heh.*

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Uh ooohhhh...

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
You can taste Eric's palpable wonder and excitement at talking more about the Bye-Bye Man.

Also, Listener Request Month. Only 10 days to get your submissions in, people. What y'all going to submit for that bad boy?

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"look, people in monkey clothes doing monkey things just makes me happy"

drat I wish all happiness was that easy to aspire to.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
So I'm calling in my ol' standby of "Shakedown" for the Listener Request Month, which I've definitely posted about the last time they did LRM. Check out the bitchin' trailer.

I recently rewatched it and it's kind of awesome. There's a bad-guy-mullet the likes of which you've never seen, but I think the boys would get a kick out of pre-Guiliani New York locations and weirdo sex stuff throughout.

I found out that Shout has just released this bad-boy on Blu-Ray. That's an instant purchase.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Andrew channeling Jimmy Carter to say "oh boy a handjob" is the hardest I've laughed since 2018 began.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Vakal posted:

What is the closing date for the call in requests?

Today (the 25th) at midnight!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
According to Chris Cabin's Twitter, he is reading Jim Belushi's "advice book" (Real Men Don't Apologize!: According to Jim) for the show. What they plan to glean from it, I have no idea.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
A lot of Noo Yawhker insider baseball for the You've Got Mail episode.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

I Know Who Killed Me

I have the feeling that this will be an all-time classic episode.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
New mailbag has a great story involving a dance-off. It has nothing to do with movies and doesn't end with someone making GBS threads themselves so I have no idea why they included it other than the hilarity value.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
This review of Pacific Rim 2 might have been influenced by WHM:

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I didn't really dig the Wild Hogs or Shrek episodes. Can't judge the Jungle 2 Jungle episode because I'm not on Patreon (YET) but I like it more when they're exasperated, confused, or incredulous. When they're straight-out angry at a movie, it's a little tougher to like because they seem too mad to joke, and I just want the boys to be having a good time entertaining us. The Lost in Space episode was better because of this. IMO.

In terms of "new classic" episodes, Ninja 3: The Domination holds a special place in my heart. (Andrew acting like he's getting in the mood for some "toy-play" and then it actually turns out to be V8 juice is solid gold) Also, I don't know the goon consensus on it, but "Loose Loomis" and the Curse of Michael Myers episode is an all-timer. I also really dig the Sidekicks episode.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Stan Lee with the LG Yahoo comic on him! :allears:

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Hockles posted:

I don't see why Felipe just posted their team picture. Normally he does really good Photoshops.

:iiam:

Not gonna lie, Eric and Scarlet look like brother and sister to me. He look like Shrek tho.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

BigglesSWE posted:

Jurassic world episode is great.

I'm gonna have to subscribe to the Patreon...aren't I?

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I won't spoil it, but Eric goes all-in on an archaeologist-based bet that had me laughing like a maniac on the train to work.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I've been a little cool on the most recent episodes. There's good stuff in them and they're nowhere near the level of unlistenable that HDTGM is, but there was just something amiss about 'em. Maybe it's because stuff like X-Men Origins and Ocean's 12 are dumb but not out-and-out insane like "Ninja III: The Domination".

That being said, Jurassic Park III episode is - to my dumb rear end anyway - an absolute all timer. It's just a dumb sequel movie but man the jokes were on fire this time around. Bruce Springsteen Dinosaur Musical and Celebrity Dinos!

My relationship with these angry New Yorkers giving me free entertainment is complicated.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I was an early adopter of their Patreon but there wasn't enough content at the start to justify keeping on with it. I am back as of today because that thing is loaded up to high-heaven now.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I could feel the seeds of a Stallonesgiving being planted all throughout the episode in the same way Demolition Man planted the seeds for Snipesgiving.

Rhinestone, Assassins, Oscar, F.I.S.T., and Staying Alive.

Make it happen. They've already done / are doing, like half of his filmography already.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I think that Cabin feels like a weak link sometimes because he's the one who - at least on the surface - gets angriest / most opinionated about things, and people might get rubbed the wrong way with that attitude. Andrew's a close second but with Cabin you sometimes feel like he takes it personally.

He's the only one in the crew who hated Justice League so he gets my respect until the end of days. Their superhero roundup where he's slowly chipping away at Steven's confidence in the film is gold.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
TUFF TURF