Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

User-Friendly posted:

I'm pretty sure they said a couple months ago that it was so bad they'd never do it.

They're obviously not turtley enough for the turtle club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Dick Tracy had the most wasted potential, Rocketeer was probably the best.

Yes, if nothing else Dick Tracy has some great production values.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
My favorite little thing about Rocketeer is that when they watch the Nazi jetpack propaganda cartoon they didn't actually give any of the Nazi weapons in the name of getting a PG rating, making it the least menacing invasion ever.

Count Chocula posted:

I love Dark City, and Alex Proyas just accepted my Facebook friend request (Australia is not a very large place). Should I try and spam him with a Planet of the Peter Lorres edit?

Proyas just had a big meltdown on Facebook about how critics are stupid for giving his latest movie God's of Egypt bad reviews and that people complaining about a movie set in Egypt having a white cast is political correctness gone mad, it's very yummy.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Nick Nolte: Spermjacker

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I never knew Joe Estevez was a thing and now that one episode of Eagleheart with Martin Sheen as a guest star makes a lot more sense.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's the horse.

"You'll get the chair, Pippi! THE CHAIR! *horse noises*"

I'm usually pretty wary of people pointing out that goofy, surreal childrens entertainment makes no sense in the real world but something about them having Pippi be some unhinged gun-toting psychopath with a death wish just clicks for me. Especially since it's almost entirely stuff that's supported by the source material.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

bobkatt013 posted:

Is that unknown friend cloudy?

Cloudy With A Chance Of Schwimmer

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I didn't know that pranksters were a real thing, I thought that they were just a convenient writing crutch like rude French waiters or free periods in high school.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Croisquessein posted:

They're great at coming up with that stuff, like how to make a mess at your hanging from Judge Dredd.

"Citizen Szyszka, are you sure you want 16 bean burritos for your last meal?"
"Just you wait."

I liked the part on the Judge Dredd episode when they find out that the 2000AD comics are from Britain and get mad about the movie being set in America and full of American actors. Even though the comic is itself set in America since it's explicitly a satire of American politics and culture.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gyges posted:

He's a WHAT?

WHAT?!

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!

...fine.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tomahawk posted:

I really, really wanna listen to the Bee Squad podcast.

At the very least it would be better than the last 1.5 seasons of The Worst Idea Of All Time podcast.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tender Bender posted:

Sir, put down your dungeon master handbook.

I love The Adventure Zone but actual tabletop people getting :goonsay: about the game rules is the worst. Stay strong, Haters.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Evil Mastermind posted:

I kinda want then to do Eragon now, just because it really is a total Gary Stu bullshit fantasy movie. I can imagine Andrew getting utterly pissed at it.

At least Eragon had the excuse of being written by a teenager. A homeschooled teenager who just happened to have family involved in the publishing industry.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

is there a nerdier race/class combo?

So long as you're not Chaotic Neutral you're good to go.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Eragon is cool because a good amount of the second book is dedicated to the author being an Atheist, Deal With It where the super cool and enlightened and pubic hair-less elves handily disprove the religions of the other races.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Get hype:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu1GoB51AeQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Podcasters trying to become YouTubers is such a fundamental misunderstanding of their medium and audience. Podcasts are something that mostly exist because people have commutes and jobs where their hands and eyes are busy and they need something to occupy their mind, sitting down and watching a video is the antithesis of that.