Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tato posted:

Imagine puppets saying curse words being the passion project you've worked so hard to realize, finally getting it done in 2018. Even though this had been done extensively by many other people to the point of un-funniness for the past 60 years. I wonder if he was stewing in rage as he saw things like Crank Yankers, Meet the Feebles, and Wonder Showzen, knowing that some day he'd get to show these philistines what puppet ejaculation is all about.

The idea of the movie being a straight forward noir, just with puppets, is an interesting idea. And the WHM boys hit on a few funny ideas, mostly playing around with the idea that these are puppets and would be basically weightless sacks of felt and cotton.

Like when they mentioned the puppet should have gotten thrown in the jet engine and a bunch of stuffing flew out the other end - that could be funny. A puppet trying to fight somebody and the guy just picking it up and tossing it away could be funny.

But making the entire movie "What if a puppet said gently caress and was HORNY" is something I'd have written as an edgy 13 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I had a really awful day at work last week, but driving home and hearing the entire "HONK HONK, YOU COULD DRIVE A TRUCK THROUGH THAT PLOTHOLE!" detrail actually made me laugh out loud and feel so much better.

I'd love for the guys to do a one-off video lampooning Cinema Sins and the like, just harping on every "plot hole" and constantly working it into an increasingly complex and bizarre trucking metaphor.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I do the Christopher Lambert laugh to my wife a lot, thankfully she listens to the show so she knows I'm not insane.

I also yell FIGURE IT OUT mostly in traffic, too.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Eric apparently running out of the theater as soon as the credits rolled was the biggest laugh of the episode for me, they were just flabbergasted he missed the mid-credits scene that must happen after like 15 seconds.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

enigmahfc posted:

So Eric (and others) hate reserved seats when buying movie tickets, Cabin LIKES sitting in the first 2 rows of a theater....the group is unhinged at the movie theater.

Chris just offhandedly mentioning that he and his wife sit in the front 2 rows was insane to me. He's experiencing movies on an entirely different level than the rest of us.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

:lol: Eric's Cameo choice was Billy Dee Williams :allears:

I couldn't stop laughing at the Cameo, between the audio quality and the accusations of Chris being a cheater. Incredible stuff.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I listened to like half of Andrew's microdosing ad read before I realized it wasn't part of the episode. I just kept thinking "man he's really on this and the other guys are super quiet".

Silentgoldfish posted:

I'd really prefer they did something like Behind the Bastards where there's a specific announcement when it's time for ads like in talk shows.

We all have different opinions because those are some of the most painful moments of the show for me, I gotta fast forward through what's basically an apology for having ads, then the ads themselves? That's like 3 presses of the button.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

A fun little side story across this episode and the last On-Screen is Andrew's opinion on the new Pet Sematary prequel.

On this episode he hasn't seen it yet and is excited to watch it, mostly for David Duchovny. In the on-screen he's already seen it, hates it, and bemoans the fact that Duchovny is only in it for like 6 minutes.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hitchcock bemoaning all the fast food he's missing out on in Hell is a pretty great gag, but the later joke about his personal chocolate syrup and ice cream tray "that's only for knights" had me howling in the car ride to work.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Silent Night Deadly Night was an all-timer of an episode between the horrors of Santa Con and the horrific insight into Eric's life growing up.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The guys nailed it when they said Modok should be a Dick Tracy looking thing. He's a big craggy-faced freak with eye bags and stuff, not a relatively normal-looking face stretched out.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Calexio posted:

What are some episodes with your folks' favourite individual bits or moments? Personally, I'm very partial to the masked sperm discovery from Son of the Mask. The brief moment of stunned silence after the review of the evidence is sublime.

The Mortal Kombat island as a tourist spot is still my favorite bit they’ve ever done.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

fishing with the fam posted:

Didn't watch it when it came out, but was pondering giving it a shot with the commentary. But it sounds like its still a hard skip?

Imagine an overly long Star Wars movie without whimsy, joy, or relatable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

weekly font posted:

Its his Star Wars pitch that Disney turned down or something

The first minute is basically just him changing some names around in order to have a "totally original" space story that also has basically the same setup as the original trilogy.

There's also a shot at the beginning that looks EXACTLY like the old Toonami intro, I did a double take because I thought Tom was gonna introduce something better to watch.