Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't believe they made sequels to Warriors of Virtue (direct to video) and that the guy who played Ares in Hercules/Xena died making one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Enjoyed the Sessions, especially Alan Alda as Darkseid, the Jimmy Stewart WB Executives, and the entire aside about Darkseid's goons going planet to planet to sign people up for conquest. I'm glad enjoyment could be wrought out of this awful film.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Just thinking of random bits I've re-listened to a million times.
- The Holly Hunter impression during BvS
- Steve's story of an elderly man leaning on his wife for support while he rips a monster fart (White Noise)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Looking at their Letterboxd reviews you’re probably right.

Andrew - 1 star
Chris - 2 stars

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

BigglesSWE posted:

What’s the deadline for listener requests? I’m tempted to call in “Tiptoes” but I suspect they’re not comfortable to talk about a movie with such abhorrent representation of little people, but otherwise I’m thinking “Milk Money” or “Blank Check” for that awful 90’s kid movie stuff.

How Did This Get Made did Tiptoes back before they did nothing but live shows and it was one of my favorite episodes. Just a baffling, abhorrent film that left everyone confused and aghast.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The Tom Arnold period of American Cinema was something. HBO was all-in on airing Big Bully, Carpool, and The Stupids all the time in the 90s.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I've never watched BvS and consider the Emergency Episode on that to be one of their greatest. All the Holly Hunter impressions and piss jar talk leave me in stitches.

I saw the Eternals after listening to their episode and wish I hadn't. I'll stick to enjoying Morbius through the WHM gang.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Got a real solid laugh out of the podcast ads where Chris is shilling for gummies in case you don’t want to “get too high”. Would have laughed even more if it was Andrew doing it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

They weren’t nearly mean enough to Eternals, but the movie doesn’t give them a lot to work with and they did their best.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I enjoyed the chaotic nature of the episode without Steve there to do the required "ANYWAY...back to the movie" thing and wrangle everyone back. Good to have the parents out of the house from time to time.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

When the CIA or whoever leaked that list of all the anime and stuff Bin Laden supposedly had, they made sure the Cats and Dogs DVD was redacted.

They don't want the world to know the truth

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I really hope he uses his cameo on Ernie Hudson again.

Congratulations for winning the contest on your pooooodcast…again.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I laughed at the idea of just lightly setting up the Benoit joke being "classy," but dotting the i was a step too far

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Loose Loomis and the impressions make every Halloween episode a delight, even with the loving vile eating noises. I hope they eventually cover 4 and 5 just so I can have more Loomis

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The boys describing Melrose Billy's soft penised method of making love was incredible. Dipping sauce

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Like the guys, I KNOW I saw those tentacles gently caress in Avatar and it had to be in the theater because I never watched it on DVD. I refuse to accept otherwise

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Discussing the MCU seems pertinent when talking about big blockbuster action movies that ruled, as compared to the big action movies now which completely suck.

Also, my tummy is quite dry Michael.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Enjoyed the It’s A Wonderful A.I. discussion in the Moonwobble episode

Merry Christmas Michael Peña Lexus!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Eh, it's just Black Adam. BvS, Justice League, and Suicide Squad were all so bad as to justify emergency episodes (and they were all great). Black Adam is just boring bad, not Granny's Peach tea bad

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The recent Nexus is quite an experience. The boys are 2 for 2 in selecting memorable slash fiction. I lost it at Eric doing the voices during the erotic scenes. "Please, Spock"

Come over here and give me that dick you green blooded Vulcan

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I don't know if the bit about Tom Holland pitching himself to be young 007 is true, but it made me laugh a bunch so kudos to Mr. Holland for trying

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Chris of all people filled the Steve role of getting people on task and talking about RIPD this week, I laughed to see the role reversal.

Also I'm laughing now that I learned RIPD 2 is a prequel, with Burn Notice starring as Jeff Bridges' character.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The only thing I freely skip are WLMs. They can be good, but more often than not it doesn't lead to the same funny discussions. Once in a Lifetime is my favorite of the bunch, I've re-listened to those a few times. Can't get enough of the Walshes or Billy Campbell either.

Funny enough, the thing that got me to subscribe in the first place were them adding We HATE Movies episodes to the Patreon tier and I didn't want to miss out. Once they made the WLM switch, it's all the other extra shows that got me to stay and increase the pledge.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Just want to note that the amount of content produced is crazy and all tiers of the patreon are good, so I’m actually thankful to have a type I’m okay to skip like We Love Movies. Bless the WHM boys.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Arson Daily posted:

New melro210 is great. It's always hilarious when the boys really hate something and they REALLY hate Brandon Walsh.

But everyone loves Billy Campbell. You NakED under THISSSS?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Equilibrium rules, had great fun watching that in college with folks. Still occasionally accuse each other of being a SENSE OFFENDER!!!!!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

My mind is reeling learning that Jon Turteltaub directed 3 Ninjas AND the best Barbarian Brothers movie.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Good episode, Equilibirum is such a fun, absolutely loving stupid movie. And I figure the fun parts of it have to be accidental, because Ultraviolet by the same guy is absolutely loving stupid and 100% unfun and awful.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

WLM worked out well when they had to do a viewer request on something they hadn't actually seen before. Just do WLMs of well-loved movies that they'd personally never seen. Like Flash Gordon.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Some of them have come out as regular episodes a year or so later when they have gaps to fill, which is why I stopped buying the live ones. I can wait.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Dunston Checks Slit is quite the episode

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Listening to the old Every Which Way but Loose in anticipation of the sequel.

1 - Always funny to hear how young Andrew sounds. The rest of the guys don't change much. Maybe it's all the smoking of green stuff.
2 - The plot of this movie is insane.
3 - My mind is blown learning this was the 2nd highest grossing film of the year it was released and when adjusted for inflation, this is one of the top 250 grossing films of all time

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I appreciated the guys getting into how ridiculous Harold Perrineau's injury is in The Edge and how the film doesn't even seem interested in explaining how that would happen. The Vermont cheese theory is as good as any.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I always like hearing Eric's weird stories about working at Lifetime/Showtime. I'm not surprised he was a Baby Weasel

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Unlucky7 posted:

Listened to the Saw 4 show and even though I did not watch any of those movies and have no will to, I would love to hear more of “Content Creator Jigsaw”

It's very hard to articulate how monumentally stupid all those films are, but in a totally unsatisfying way. I love the way the guys try to make any sense out of the timelines or try to find something to enjoy in the SAW movies and typically come up empty. Eric's rendition of the chilling SAW theme was good.

I am also one of the weird people in the "I like Temple of Doom" best club, despite its many many issues.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I'm glad the emergency button exists, otherwise I'd be waiting another 3 years to hear their Holly Hunter piss jar impressions from Batman vs Superman. The vitriol in the emergency eps is so fresh.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I appreciate doing new things with the Gleep Glossary as it's the most common of the side-shows. I will be subscribed as long as they are doing Melro210 and Once in a Lifetime, which are two of the best things they put out.

Speaking of, Dr Beck is back!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I love how absolutely done with a movie Eric and Chris are once the credits hit. Just leaving the millisecond the screen goes black to head to the liquor store. Best way to save yourself from extra dance scenes or dumb stingers. If it was important enough, put it in the movie.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I feel like American Pie 1 was patient zero for the proliferation of UNRATED - TOO EXTREME FOR THEATERS EDITION!!!! DVDs in the 2000s era. Listening to the AP2 episode was a fun time, I only rented the movie once and had blacked most of it out, but bits and pieces started coming back to me as they went through it. Truly a sequel with no reason to exist and also one of the whitest franchises in existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Postman was one of the best episodes in a long time. Cabin's seething (and justified) hatred of Costner's self suck career, the mocking of the slow motion letter grab, Eric playfully prodding people that the movie is kind of good before ultimately getting defeated and just wanting the episode to end.