Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

The Duke posted:

Soul Man - C. Thomas Howell puts on blackface to go to law school

Soul Man is of course a terrible racist piece of poo poo. I believe it's been mentioned as a Stay Tuned, I think it was the Side Order of Sleaze for School Spirit. Itself a sexist piece of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

You should definitely post this on their Facebook group.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

bobkatt013 posted:

He used it a bunch in Batman Forever

He tends to do it in comic book/nerd movies. So check out Catwoman as well.

Andrew's singsong negligent mom voice cracks me up too. "Hey ma! Captain Picard is gonna be Professor X". "I doooon't caaaare"

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There was both an Ewok cartoon and a Droids cartoon following the exploits of C3-P0 and R2D2. I don't remember ever watching the Ewok one but there was a two hour episode of the droid one where they went to a droid health spa where someone was selling droid parts our something that I taped off ABC or something in the late eighties/early nineties.

I remember it fondly but I'm sure it's terrible in the cold light of adulthood.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's a great episode I've listened to several times because they hate it so much and the Matthew Broderick impressions are hilarious.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The episode you're thinking of is Brainscan.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
You can always just sign up for a month download the back catalog and then cancel. $8 a year is not so bad.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Andrew's mic was turned up too high and so when he spoke louder the top of his voice was getting clipped off. It annoyed me as someone who has used audio equipment.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
From the beginning it was Andrew plus a pretty steady rotation of 2 out of the three of Chris, Eric and Steve with occasional episodes with all four of them or a special guest as the fourth person. It's only when Chris turned into a ghost (RIPD) that the lineup was all Andrew, Steve and Eric. Now that Chris has been dragon balled back to life I imagine it will either go back to the old rotation or just permanently be all four.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

ghost emoji posted:

I sent them a tweet today letting them know that I'm going thru their backlog to keep myself sane today. No matter how lovely things are going, Abraxas will always cheer me up, even if it's just for an hour or so.

It's definitely a Jim Belushi movie episode marathon type of day.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Convex posted:

Yes but is it as bad as the Bubsy cartoon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

Wow. Seems like every two-bit video game mascot got a cartoon. Was there ever a Gex cartoon?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
All you complainers should listen to this week's episode. No interstitial ads and no Trump impressions.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
In this case I believe it was to tape the actor's clothes to their bodies to show off enough skin without getting that R rating.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Blank Check guys did Book of Henry so if you want a taste of the lunacy with less jokes you can give that a listen.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The WHM subreddit has the list as a sidebar: List

But it's a little out of date.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Catfishenfuego posted:

You might like Switchblade Sisters as well, it's a film critic and female film maker talking about the filmmaker's favourite genre film. Really in-depth discussion and often an interesting look into Hollywood gender politics.

I'll add Blank Check with Griffin and David to the list. It started off as a joke podcast where they discuss the Star Wars prequels every week, but now they take a filmmaker who had an initial success and received a blank check to make whatever movies they wanted and the results of that, good or bad are discussed generally well. Griffin can get stuck in tangents but they do a pretty good job of staying on topic. And they have guests from other movie podcasts like Andrew and Steve on Total Recall. They've done the works of the Wachowski's, James Cameron, Cameron Crow, Chris Nolan and are currently wrapping up Verhoeven.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm not going to tweet but I bet they get a lot of nerds messaging them about the Hulk thing. It seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't want to come out because Thanos kicked his rear end on the Asgardian ship.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Empress Brosephine posted:

That 372 pages podcast is p good. Any other podcasts y’all recommend that riff on popular stuff

You might enjoy I Don't Even Own A Television. They do WHM-style breakdowns of bad books. They did an episode for each Ernest Cline book. They do a lot of schlock books as well as music biographies and dumb popular books.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
That certainly is weird, but take it from me, a person who reads a lot of books, that they are good and you should read them if you want to. Or don't, what do I care? :shrug:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm going to request Vibrations because the inciting incident of the movie is completely stupid. Not to mention the rest of the movie.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm sorry that happened to any one unfortunate enough to be fooled by such an obviously terrible animation block. MxC was the only halfway decent thing to come out of SpikeTV.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Definitely an all time instant classic.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'll recommend Brainscan and Addicted to Love.

If it's still up on the webpage give Hider in the House a try. Any Jim Belushi or Michael Caine movie are good for ridiculous impressions.

Kind of sad that they seem to have done most of the really ridiculous Belushi movies though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
We can only hope the other cartoons that have been mentioned recently come up as well. September Animation Damnation will be Wuzzles, with October being the Snorks.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Andrew Shue's dumbass voice makes me laugh every time I hear it. The continuing saga of Mel Rowe's place is great.

BH 90210 is the weak link of the two I think.i want them to just do every episode of both series and then Models Inc.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

The latest episodes revealing that Chris lives in Connecticut and Eric in a small non-NYC town are annoying because it breaks my image of all of them sleeping in a 4-level bunkbed and fighting over the mirror while brushing their teeth at the same time.
Wait until you hear that Steve lives in *gasp* New Jersey!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I mean, I've only seen a handful of 90210 episodes in passing and never watched any Melrose Place but I think the Melr0210 episodes are hilarious.

Knowledge of a thing isn't a prerequisite for finding it stupid and hilarious.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
TJ Hooker is a bog standard 80s cop show starring William Shatner, Adrian Zmed, and Heather Locklear.

Give it a shot, you'll pick up everything you need from the podcast.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The video is still on YouTube so you can watch it at your leisure.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Do they even have any Jim Belushi quote-unquote movies left?

I guess they can do a random assortment of episodes of his lovely TV show.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 16, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
This and the Exorcist made me wary of large trucks with unsecured loads.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They did an On Screen series on the Mission Impossible movies. 2 is incoherent garbage.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, it's real good. Next year they have the do Casablanca. Some classic Hitchcock movies would be good. I feel like they could get a lot out of something like Rebecca.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
What's with the asterisks?

They need to do more Nightmare movies, they've only done two (not including Freddy vs Jason).

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Noone says you have to watch it. Download it and listen to it like a normal episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Pippi Longstocking
White Noise
Addicted to Love
The Ewok Movies
Chopping Mall
Mr. Destiny (any Jim Belushi movie, really)
Hider in the House
Silver Bullet
One Magic Christmas

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Turner and Hooch is Tom Hanks. You're thinking of K-9. Which they did way back in 2011.

But they do need to do more Belushi movies, I'd love a WLM on Thief.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Billy may not sound like that, but he looks like he sounds like that.

Billy and how much they hate him is my favorite part.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Any episode with a Jim Belushi movie is automatically a top tier episode.

Abraxas was good.
Halloween III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Addicted to Love for being a super creepy rom-com where we're supposed to be happy that mega-creep Matthew Broderick obsesses over Nicole Kidman but realizes the error of his ways and gets with psychotic Meg Ryan. A happy ending for Nicole Kidman and the guy Meg Ryan was stalking, some French guy.