Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
Thank all of you for introducing me to this podcast. The Mortal Kombat episode was amazing. Those Raiden impressions were amazing, especially when he was on the hotel TV selling the amenities. I was giggling like an idiot on the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

precision posted:

Master of Disguise is completely unwatchable.

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

I just want to thank you for this. I'm four episodes in and I'm really looking forward to their descent into madness.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

bobservo posted:

It's kind of mystifying how these guys know nothing about Pokemon; they're a bit younger than me and basically in the perfect demographic for that show in 1998. Did they even know it was a video game?

There's a weird, solid line with Pokemon. I know nothing about it. But people just a few years younger than me know everything about it.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
I was surprised they didn't realize the Oracle was re-cast because the original died during filming.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Illinois Smith posted:

I hate small dogs so I can't believe I'm gonna watch a movie about one of them fighting Johnny Mundo but here we go

So. Many. Banana. Puns.

This is exhausting.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Evil Mastermind posted:

I appreciated the newspaper noises when they were looking stuff up on IMDB.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The guy reading the IMDB Tribune on the train is one of my favorite things.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
So they're recording a live Jupiter Ascending podcast tonight. I'm really excited because there's a family in the movie with the last name of "Abrasax" and they say it a lot. I'm hoping the Jesse Ventura impression gets busted out for this one.

It's a loving horrible movie. Just terrible and stupid and ugh.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Also, I really want them to do the Street Fighter 2 animated movie, because I want to see their reactions to two things:

- Chun Li vs. Vega with KMFDM playing and also titties
- Bryan loving Cranston as Fei Long in the dub

If you're talking the anime, I would LOVE to hear their reaction to the Chun Li nude scene. It's so weird.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
I forget the exact line but the ISIS joke in the Batman and Robin episode had me laughing like an idiot on the subway.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Which one was that again? I know 2 had the needle pit and 3 had the brain surgery but after that I don't remember what scenes happen in which movies.

Well I remember 7 had Chester from Linkin Park in it :smith: RIP Chester

I could have sworn that was number 7. Doesn't the sawing-in-half take place in a storefront in a major intersection of a big city?

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just listened to the Nexus episode where Eric read the Picard potty training Data fan fiction and I was dying laughing in my car

It is incredibly uncomfortable. Yet I'm sad it didn't become a recurring bit.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

There's more than one human centipede movie?

There's enough going on worth discussing for an entire podcast? Or will this be like Ultraviolet (an amazing ep imho) that comes with multiple "there is no movie to talk about" disclaimers.

There's three. The first one is not terrible. Yes it's disgusting and whatever. But it's a standard horror film other than that.

The second one is ridiculous. It's about a guy who has seen the first movie and wants to emulate it. They just ratchet up the gore in that one. It's in black & white for some reason.

Haven't see the third but it's apparently about a guy who (you guessed) saw the SECOND movie and wants to emulate it. The director is in the movie and plays himself..... I kinda want to watch this now.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

extremely online posted:

90% sure it's going to be a WLM, not a WHM. I love Fury Road and I'd love to say that's the one that got me worried, but sadly it turns out the movie they've covered that I feel most protective of is National Treasure 2. :negative:

The tunnel scene is underrated!

I think they will at the very least nerd out about what a technical accomplishment Fury Road is. It's a miracle that a movie like that got made. The practical effects are out of this world.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

BiggerBoat posted:

I also keep my phone apps to a minimum for a variety of reasons that I won't delve into here, suffice to say I'm an :corsair: and like to keep things relatively simple to the extent that I can.

So then set up the podcast in one app...? That seems to be the simplest way to do things. I don't think I've ever gone to any of their websites except to sign up for Patreon.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
Ooh, we need to request Mountain Thyme. Christopher Walken with an Irish accent and a completely insane twist at the end.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

fishing with the fam posted:

Bought and watched the Last Blood live show. First time for one of these, and I didn't really care for it. I'm so used to being able to move around and do stuff while a podcast is on, and it was weird to just sit there and watch them just.....talk. The visual element really added nothing. Won't be doing this again.

It's a little weird and they don't really take advantage of the visual element. I do it to support the show. I also get a little drunk beforehand and grab some snacks, so it feels more like a hangout. The chat for me was ten minutes behind, so that was useless. I think if they were able to interact with the chat it might be better.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

See its def a joke Eric would make, but for some reason I hear it in Cabin's voice, so I wasn't quite sure

I remember it as being a Cabin joke.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'm going back and listening to the Twilight commentaries for the first time and it's a total blast. The best part is you absolutely do not have to watch the movies ahead of time. Just turn on subtitles and kind of pay attention and you'll be fine. The movies are so basic and nothing ever happens. Listening to the guys during the power hours is so much fun. They get so drunk so quick and it's like you're there hanging out with them.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

BigglesSWE posted:

Pretty good WLM. Most of them are misses for me, since I usually don't find it interesting to hear them repeat "X is so awesome, oh, and now Y, so awesome!" But if the movie in question is weird enough they can still make it fun. This was one of those times.

Man these guys really just hate modern movies huh. Literally everything's wrong with the industry, be it lack of sex or pretty actors.

I think it's just a lot of mainstream movies. In the Dispatch newsletter, they always are listing recent movies they love, but it's all small-time stuff.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

Those Cameos aren't gonna pay for themselves. :v:

That said, I wouldn't mind the Patreon feed getting ad-free versions of main feed episodes.

Even if it wasn't ad-free, I wish the Patreon feed would have the normal episodes so I don't have to have two feeds. I am lazy.

Regarding ads - this poo poo is free. Just hit the skip button a few times you animals.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

dorium posted:

I just wish they offered an ad free version on the patreon for the regular show. Feel like that's worth $10 a month. I get that with my LPOTL sub for $10 a month.

I would even be fine with them just putting the regular feed shows into the Patreon feed so I can have them all in one place.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

JT Smiley posted:

My podcast feed has been pretty light lately, maybe it's time to finally start the Nexus. That and the gleep glossary are basically the only WHM shows I don't really listen to cause I'm not a big fan of either priorities.

The Nexus is a great listen. Their impersonations and exaggerations of the shows' characters are so much fun. What they've done to McCoy is hilarious.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Iron Crowned posted:

The only thing I don't listen to are the commentaries, and that's really just because I don't have a good way to enjoy them.

I've considered getting a small sound mixer to combine tv and podcast audio when I'm on headphones, but :effort:

I'll put the podcast on with headphones in one ear. Then I turn on subtitles for the movie. I watched all the Twilights this way, having never even seen them before. Luckily, nothing actually happens in those movies so it was easy to follow.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

AceOfFlames posted:

Is it worth it to listen to Once in a Lifetime if you haven't hatched the movies in question? I know this applies to everything else they have done but I am on the fence on bumping up my Patreon.

You probably don't *need* to watch them. But you're depriving yourself of some real crazy poo poo. These movies are an absolute blast to watch.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
March schedule is out:

quote:

Episode 597 — The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996)
Episode 598 — S1m0ne
Episode 600 — Delta Farce
Episode 601 — The Last Boy Scout
Episode 602 — The Last Castle with Justin J. Case

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — The Warriors (1979)
Animation Damnation — Double Dragon "Shadow Claw" (s2, e2)
The Nexus: TNG: "Parallels" (s7 e11) DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations" (s5, e6)
Gleep Glossary: Bossk
Melr0210: 90210: "Down and Out of District in Beverly Hills" (s2, e12) Melrose Place: "Suspicious Minds" (s1, e32)
Synch-able Commentary for Q1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Hyped for that commentary.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

weekly font posted:

Simone was the first episode in a long time I felt was a whiff. Honestly I think their only misses in years have been the random LRM draws. So many people send in requests where nothing happens and expect them to spin gold.

I always assumed they screened the requests and removed the stinkers, but they said recently that they really do take in every request and put it in the hat.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
I don't know if the boys watch this thread, but Deep Water on Hulu might be a Once in A Lifetime contender. This was a high budget, well-acted Lifetime movie. I laughed throughout the movie but I'm not sure if I was supposed to.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

jojoinnit posted:

I didn't see any discussion on this over the last couple of pages. Curious if anyone else got a weird skip around 29-31:00 when they're talking about the anti-Semitic goblins? I'm wondering if my download got a little glitched or if they actually went harder on that than they felt comfortable releasing so it was a clumsy edit? (I don't recall them ever walking back things said on Patreon eps so that doesn't feel right but I dunno).

There were definitely a few spots where they cut something out or maybe just took a break while recording. It was just dead silent out of nowhere and it confused me the first time it happened.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Chaotic Flame posted:

I didn't know Ultraviolet was a previous episode. Definitely listening on this flight tonight. That movie is infamous in my college friend group

I believe it's still the only movie where they've unanimously agreed it's the worst movie they've ever done.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Cael posted:

It was so great that they did Last Airbender and were SO SURE it was the worst thing they'd ever done, but then 2 weeks later Ultraviolet knocked it out of the water.

Also begs the question: as of right now, what is the gang's updated "this is the worst one we've had to do"? I feel like I know for a fact they've said "worse than Ultraviolet" sometime in the past 2 years but I can't remember what movie caused it.

I feel like they've come close to the distinction, but there was always one or two guys that were iffy on making the declaration.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

BiggerBoat posted:

Whoa. Just saw a bunch of new episodes go up

Is it me or with Junior, is the crowd just under miked or or the guys coming off flat? It's a pretty funny episode to me but it comes off like they're dying up there.

I think it's just a dead mic for the crowd.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Iron Crowned posted:

Is A Talking Cat?!? streaming anywhere?

Appears to be rentable on Amazon for $1.99.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Fezz posted:

JP is going to make me sub for June. And have they said what they're going to do with the Nexus when they finish TOS?

I want to say they half-heartedly said they'd do DS9? But I may be making that up. I don't think they ever thought it would get this far. I think they're almost halfway done with TNG, which is just insane.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

BigglesSWE posted:

I realise it’s Stephen’s baby but I think it’d be fun if the winner of the VHS game becomes the next host, so it won’t just be the never ending Chris Cabin winfest. Would allow Steve to participate too!

I'm still of the belief that each subsequent question should be *easier* than the the previous one, not harder. You should be rewarded with 5 points for getting the movie based on the obscure question, not the broad description of the movie.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
I was shouting in my car during the Nexus when they said that Trek had never done another episode about the Tholian Web. There's an Enterprise two-parter that features it and oh yeah you also find out what happened to the Defiant and it's awesome. Spoiler alert: Mirror Universe.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

secretly best girl posted:

I have to say I love the sheer chaos energy of the Gleep Glossary these days. It's basically a full-on morning zoo now.

I get the feeling it's always the last show they record in a session, so they end up good and drunk by the time they get to it.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
I know they started doing virtual recordings again a little while back... Seems like they're back to doing more in-person recordings? Those may be more chaotic as I imagine the booze is flowing pretty freely.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat
Are there spoilers in their Andor discussion? I'm in the middle of the show right now.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

fishing with the fam posted:

RIPD was a terrific episode. The absurd Bridges accent really plays. And yea, WLM are almost always bad. It's a shame.

Yeah, I used to love the WLMs when they were just a few times a year. Now it's just them jerking the movie off for 2.5 hours. While it's interesting to hear analysis from people who actually know movies/structure/etc., it gets tiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Hiro Protagonist posted:

For no reason in particular, I haven't really listened to the podcast for about 5 years. On a whim I listened to the RIPD episode and remembered how great this is. Any must listen to episodes that have come out in the last couple years?

Batman V Superman colon Dawn of Justice, followed by the mailbag shortly afterwards that has the greatest letter that has ever been written. You must listen to it.
I think it's this one - https://omny.fm/shows/we-hate-movies/whm-mail-bag-peein-at-the-arcade-dirty-diapers-in