Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Don't make me want to see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImwyyCm6j8

I found out about this in the greenlight thread last night and I'm still pretty shaken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I love The Flophouse, but they're less of a bad movie podcast and more of a nonsense podcast that uses a bad movie as a central pillar for discussion. Some of my favorite bits of theirs are Woody Allen's The Dead Zone, the Zardoz ramble, The Porthole of Time and the southern gothic Tintin lady.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Juuupiiin...

Szyyyszkaaa...

Saaajdaaak...

Moooviieess...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

grahf987 posted:

If anybody is wanting more and just want some people who legitimately love some of the worst/best action movies ever made try the BMFcast (Robot Jox is their high movie water mark, and Twilight the low, to give some perspective)
BMFcast is a fantastic podcast. The show has a very upbeat tone, and I'd recommend it to fans of the We Love Movies variety. A few of my favorite episodes are for xXx State of the Union, Top Cop, Shakma, and Roar, but you're pretty safe with anything that looks like straight to video action or blaxploitation. They also separate the first "review" portion of the show and the second "chit chat, emails and callers" portion with an intermission, which is very appreciated.

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 3, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Corek posted:

Have they done the Ewok movies with him in it?

Did they ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYnfcijp_8

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImwyyCm6j8

Pan.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

precision posted:

Pan is a legitimately entertaining movie - it's basically a cynical grunge/goth reskin of Stardust, and while it made me roll my eyes dozens of times, it was always with a kind of amazed smile on my face.

It is simply too interesting to be bad, especially culturally.

I'm actually excited to see it when it hits DVD, it looks like it could be some seriously fun camp.

Now let's just see what tonight's movie is...

:stare:

quote:

WARNING - We know some of you listen to this with your kids. Despite the film selection, make no mistake - this episode hits about an 11 on the Sleaze-o-Meter!

:suspense:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 1, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Frank Welker's been dead for twenty years, he's just that good

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

I would be willing to wager that Frank Welker has appeared in literally every non-anime English-language cartoon you've ever seen.

gently caress cartoons, if you've ever heard a sound it was probably made by Frank Welker

Earlier today, when you heard a dog barking faintly in the distance, that was absolutely Frank Welker. You owe him seventy thousand dollars.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I've definitely caught myself using the phrases "robuts," "gleep-gloppin' aliens" and "Doritah chips" more than once. I'm still trying to work "as soon as sandwichly possible" into my daily lexicon.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

I can't wait for them to do an ep on Man's Best Friend. I'd forgotten that movie existed but it is seriously worth watching.

Along with the acid pee there is an implied dog sex scene where the protagonist(?) dog has his way with a collie and oh god the sounds it makes :stare:

BMFcast did a fantastic episode for Man's Best Friend. They have a series of hysterical meltdowns, as half the hosts were rooting for the dog to the disbelief and frustration of the other half.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Nomination for best use of audio clip: that "Talking Heads" style song from Babycakes. You cannot believe David Byrne didn't sue over that. If you haven't heard the Babycakes episode, you must. The righteous anger is something to behold and it sounds a justified reaction.
When the subject of clips was brought up, my first thought was of that lonely ghost singing ~baaabycaaaaakes~

So many of their best episodes come from covering movies that have a twisted nougat layer under an otherwise benign chocolate coating, which is why I'm eagerly anticipating their Santa Claus episode :munch:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 17, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

YEAH YEAH

YEAH YEAH

YEAH

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Man Dancer posted:

So there's like, no possibility on this Earth that movie wasn't called Russell Mania before WWE put the kibosh on that, right?

:aaa:

They said we should watch this movie before we listen to the episode, so, uh, good luck, me, I guess.

edit: I've been watching this movie for exactly 80 (eighty) seconds and the dog has peed on a child, thank you We Hate Movies

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Okay I'm sixteen minutes into Russell Madness and

and I

I

I might really like this movie a whole lot :ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm sorry to triple post but, you know, I'm like you. Normally I wouldn't believe a goddamn word that comes out of that Steve Sajdak's mouth either. But I just got done having a great ninety minutes and I'm here to let you know: You should watch Russell Madness. Fill up your tallest glass of water, pop a six pack of road sodas, and set aside a little time to spend with your new friend Russell. Go ahead! You should.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Just two hours to go before the release of the Russell Madness episode!!!

If you haven't watched it yet, this leaves you an hour and a half to catch the movie and a half hour to spin the cylinder of a revolver with a thousand yard stare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJtzFy-JsbU

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 12, 2016

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

You're telling me you didn't treasure every moment spent with President Hot Dog?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

I am currently downloading my first episode of this - The Core- and I shall report back soon

Nine thousand degrees :goleft:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Is there a youtube of Daphne letting that puppet go, it sounds delightful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU2eTLaYCe4&t=226s

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The term "viking funeral for money" has become part of my daily vocabulary :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Oh man, if you're a fan of bad Keanu Reeves impressions, there's an embarrassment of riches in this week's episode!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Cry-whacking :xd:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

e X posted:

You know, we had a lot of criticism towards the guys regarding the ads they had before the show, so I think it is just fair to praise them now. I don't know what exactly they did, but they fit much better into the show now, it is generally pretty funny now and actually help setting the mood for the show. Maybe it's just that they stopped sticking to a script and added more improv, but whatever it was, it really works.

One thing I like that they've started doing is rolling directly from the ad to the introduction, it gives it a more conversational feel.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Hey, just to be clear, I'm referencing this guy's post, not calling him an idiot or a fool because "NOT MY BATMAN" but I"m always surprised how much people miss when they watch a movie.

Am I missing something, where does he day he watched the movie?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I just want to Wishbone into that letter so I can witness the agony and the ecstacy of Greg's Big Day firsthand

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

(Dammit, this thread is making me feel stupid lately :()

WHM is great at making me feel stupid :v: it wasn't until I started listening to the show that I realized I had been conflating the movies The Principal and The Substitute in my head for years. I was totally convinced that I had seen a movie where Jim Belushi drove a motorcycle into a school and then killed a bunch of hooligans.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I don't know if that's a good pick because The Prefect Host is loving great

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Speaking of old favorites, hey keewwl!!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Top five episodes of this?

I'd probably recommend The Core, Foodfight, Easy Rider 2, Eight Crazy Nights, Red Heat...

Blame it on Rio

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

They'd better watch it with all these letters about public soilings, they might start getting some of them creepy likes...

I found this like in the ghaaarbage...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Their sweet spot is definitely the 80s and 90s, but I find the content of the movie to be more of a factor. Easy Rider 2 and Foodfight, both of which I listed as top episodes, are from within the last decade. Much like brilliant art, truly spectacular poo poo transcends mere time.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The motherfucker behind Buttons is actually literally named Bobby Button in the real world that we live in :stare:

Only at Buttons, holy poo poo

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

"Hey Magneto, since when have you had a beard? And is that... a tiny cigar sticking out of it? Oh poo poo, it's Wolverine!"

A crepe paper beard hits the ground as a nipple dives across the room and slips into the darkness...

~snktsnktsnktsnktsnktsnkt~

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Duke posted:

Shocking lack of Addicted to Love on this page :ughh:

It's the kind of sex that wouldn't make a ripple on a lake if you did it in a boat :3:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The most recent mailbag is nucking futs, too. Only at Buttons!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I don't think so. I remember at the time thinking that the timeframe was too short and the parameters were too specific, especially since their fanbase wasn't as big as it is now. If they did an animation contest now with a three-ish month deadline and it was as open-ended as "make a cartoon out of any bit" they could probably get some awesome submissions.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

Over the weekend I was watching TCM and I caught maybe 75% of a movie where these kids murder people. Their ring leader is a blonde girl and she gets two boys to take a bat to her dads head and make it look like he fell on some stairs. One kid takes a .357 revolver to a couple fuckin in a van. In short, this movie was amazing.

Is this something up WHMs alley?

That movie is called Bloody Birthday, and they straight up already did it on their sideshow Side Order of Sleaze :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Chris Cabin is back next week!! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

I'm glad Cabin came back, he's fun.

Same! I've been listening to the back catalogue lately, and now I've got a crave for the flavor of a crumble of Crabin :h: