Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The welcome to pottersville ep was hysterical.
“Why don’t you fellate this gun”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hey so like why isn’t there a no ads patreon tier? I’d pay an extra buck not to have to listen to whatever crap gets jammed into the main feed these days. Oh and getting the mailbag eps a month after they show up on YouTube is hella dumb. Otherwise love the show and I’ll take my answer off the air god bless

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Having just binged through all of the nexus again I totally agree. Plus it’s getting me to watch TNG again after like 25 years.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I may be alone in this but their Entourage ep is one of my favorites. 90 minutes of mark whalberg impressions? Yes please! Every time those drat herculoids show up I lose my poo poo.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Oh poo poo bro goobbahs got caaaaaansa!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

God I hope they do Sneakers.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

So did all of their advertisers leave them or something? We had those bizarre breaks in the main feed and nothing if I recall correctly. Is that why they’re pimping the patreon so hard?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Has anyone seen their improv movies? I remember the early eps constantly plugging the private cabin collective and it seems to have faded to nothing. I’m pretty lazy, are they any good?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

It’s almost like CinemaSins is the joker of funny movie reviews!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

So with the Lawnmower Man ep I think we're up to like 10000000000000x references to Midsommar. Whats up with that movie that it gets so much attention?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Huge fan of the 180 they took over Shudder now that they’re a sponsor. Glad they’re raking that good good ad money though

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Now I need a clip of cabin saying “blow jo”. poo poo was hilarious. Plus drat was the shining episode horny holy crap.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

When are they gonna do that rando jagoff running through cloud city with an ice cream maker under his arm? That’s the content I really crave! Enough with the cantina!!!!!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Yeah I came for the terrible movie and stayed for all the excellent Alec Baldwin impressions!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Also how the gently caress is Dieter Laser not the name of an experimental East German electronica collective from the 80s.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I forget the episode but Steve at one point exclaims “so loving stuupid!” And I cant help but say that internally when things get real dumb.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Yup that’s the one!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Boner jam is def in heavy rotation for me now

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I remember renting the og metal gear for Nintendo and being terribly disappointed the game didn’t look anything like the cover art. I was just a dumb baby back then though.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The best guest they’ve ever had was Andrews wife, she was hysterical. Second best was the guy on the pet cemetery episode. Don’t care enough to rate the rest.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

The best guest they’ve ever had was Andrews wife, she was hysterical. Second best was the guy on the pet cemetery episode. Don’t care enough to rate the rest.

Edit: almost time for my pottersville re-listen. That ep is delightfully unhinged and all the impressions are great.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Sounds like there should be a WHM/nerdcrew collaboration. Those guys sure were salty about a movie!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I was mostly joking and I agree that the RLM guys mostly take stuff too seriously. They’re just not as funny and for me, they’re in the wrong medium. If WHM suddenly quit podcasting to chase YouTube bucks I’d probably stop listening

Edit: is anyone having problems with pocketcasts? It’s being a huge piece of poo poo and causing my timphone to crash hard over and over

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 7, 2020

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Soup du Jour posted:

No one gives a poo poo about the Entourage movie now but that doesn’t stop it from being a top tier episode

I was really dubious that 4 randos could make a funny movie podcast but Entourage was the first or second episode I listened to and I was sold. drat that’s a top 5 ep for me

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

The $8 tier is so good for so many reasons. The Nexus alone would be worth it.

I went 8bux and never looked back. It’s easily the best money I spend all month in this hell world. poo poo it’s more than I give lowtax and I’ve been here for almost 20 years!

Edit: I’d do 9 or even :10bux: if they did a no ads main feed. Keep it all in the Patreon feed!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Never have I been more glad to be alone in my car when I heard “give me those turds mister!”

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Is that the one where one of the characters had to pull-start his space wang?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

clown shoes posted:

What is with all this talk about the pivot to more recent movies? They haven't. The ten year rule is still a thing. They still do the same thing they've always done with the addition of Patreon which is just bonus content.

I think it’s that we (SA posters, who are by and large in our mid 30s or older by now) remember these movies more clearly than some 20-25 year old would. If the boys do a movie from 2004 I’m like “that movie isn’t that old!” Because I was in my early 20s then. Some millennial listener isn’t going to have the same experience because they were 5 or 10 or some poo poo.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Would absolutely watch a Ferris bueller reboot with Paris Hilton.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I liked her a lot more this time around, I thought the last time she was on she just went to hard at trying to be the funniest person there. She felt way more natural this time and it ended up being a great ep.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Patreon eps do seem waaaaaay hornier than the main feed stuff. But they did warn me pretty early that they get pretty “blue” on the Patreon feed!

Oh and I guess midsommar is on prime now so I’ll finally get all those jokes from the summer/fall

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

Went back to listen to some old episodes for movies I've never even heard of. Holy hell is Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe a great episode.

Just relistened to this too. Totally forgot that Belushi played his character from The Principal in this movie, blew my mind

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Mortal kombat hellraiser 3 and entourage

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just relistened to the bee movie ep and loving died at the “Jessie the B Ventura” line. Woke up my 2 year old it was a whole thing. Great ep forever

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

They did a podcast with tobo? When did that happen?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

You need to be a patron to listen to it because it's so old, but it's in the archive found here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/complete-whm-16105861

Interview-StephenTobolowsky.mp3 in the bottom fourth of the list.

Excellent thank you.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

It’s good OP. Plus Eric shares previous high school trauma

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Did anyone else not get the Gumby episode? I got the preview but it never showed up in the patreon feed.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

That worked a treat thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just relistened to Easy Rider 2 colon The Ride Back and it's endlessly amusing to hear Eric's contempt for that movie. He's kind of the "chill" person of the four so hearing him just be so angry about how that terrible movie poo poo all over the legacy of the original is just great.

I'd die just to drop a "...just like 9/11" on him it would be the greatest.