Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Mrs. Zemeckis has more than a passing resemblance to Jessica Rabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Speaking of shows that went to poo poo: The Flop House used be great, then it turned into the Elliott Kalan show featuring 30 minutes of his improv songs, 35 minutes of “hilarious” viewer mail, and five minutes of movie discussion, if they can fit it in.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Kneecaps posted:

Ah gently caress I didn't know that and now I feel bad.

It’s ok to have a learning disability.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The Flash is painful to watch. Keaton’s scenes must’ve been humiliating to film for him.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I hope the boys do a Carl Weathers month this year.

RIPD, Apollo.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Pray for Death just dropped on Tubi if you haven’t seen it.

When are they doing the drawing for listener request month?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Andorra posted:

The dangling foot fetish story from the old mailbag episode

Is that where “she’s danglin’ and she don’t even know it” came from? I’ve been convinced it was from a tag on IMDB, but haven’t looked into it for obvious reasons.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
As soon as sandwichly possible.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I figure there will be some folks in this thread who appreciate this. I found a youtube channel that has a lot of Tales From the Crypt episodes. The very first episode was written by Walter Hill and has William Sadler, Gerrit Graham, the guy who Arnie throws onto the stove in T2, plus a ton of other “oh hey that guy” actors.

https://youtube.com/@glamsterscrypt2?si=UROnv03Fx3FesQNq

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Have they talked about the most recent Aquaman anywhere yet? Watching it now on HBO, and it is a doozy. There’s a lot here to riff on, but my favorite is AI Amber Heard shrieking, “Junior! JUNIOR!”

Dolph Lundgren needs to sue everyone involved in making this movie.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Chris’s On-Screen Live book joke should be retired.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Soup du Jour posted:

Night Game sounds exactly like a rejected TJ Hooker script or something, can totally see this have started life as a show concept that eventually wound up as a movie

Night Game is a fun movie. Caught it on Prime a couple days ago. It’s worth a watch just for the fantastic drunk acting from the chief of police.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I hope Chris Klein is doing ok. You don’t hear much from him these days.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Watching Rollerball now. The first half is garbage, but it turns hilarious when you get to the extended night vision sequence.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

They didn't talk about the best part. :smith:

Unless I spaced out and missed it?

This is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Dfi-b-qns

This bumped up the movie an entire star for me.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Good lord, he was only 88. I figured he’d have been in his early 100s.

RIPD. He’s so awesome in Blood Simple.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Repeating myself, but find a way to watch at least the night vision scene. It just keeps going, then SPROING!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

explosivo posted:

Is that like that on the Amazon cut? I can't believe they wouldn't mention that if it was since they mentioned everything around that scene in detail so it's not like they weren't paying attention.

It must be. I refuse to believe there is more than one cut of Rollerball ‘02. The sproings are definitely in the version on the Roku channel.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Hold on, M Emmet Walsh was from Vermont. Why does he sound like a cartoon bloodhound?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
According to Young Einstein, Wall Street is the WLM and next week is Major League.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

As I mentioned earlier, I agree.

It sounds like they both will be WLM. Chris said they’re also doing Men at Work, which is another WLM.

My guesses for the other movies are The Arrival, Wall Street 2, and The Chase.

Any other bad or bad/good Sheen movies that they haven’t done yet?

Edit: The Chase, not The Getaway

mweber fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 27, 2024

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

The Arrival and The Chase have both been mentioned as being ones to Stay Tuned for, so one of them is probably an episode.

Gah, I meant The Chase, not The Getaway.

I think Terminal Velocity is stay tuned too. I’d love some more stories about Steve’s father’s days at the skydiving ranch.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I hope we get Repo Man in Estevember.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The Dr. Beck series is an art project cataloging Eric Roberts’s real life Joker-like personality shifts.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Steve’s father is awesome.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Today is Eric Roberts’s birthday. Please wish him well.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Eric Roberts and his wife appeared on Gilbert Gottfried’s podcast hocking a penis pump.

“What happens is, it’s like a jolt, then make it rocket.”

Edit: also craft services talk

mweber fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 27, 2024

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

This is probably the only place on the internet to ask this: Has anyone stepped up to fill the Gilbert Gottfried niche?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Joss Ackland has such a great screen presence, but his whole career is DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY and QUACK QUACK.

mweber fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Doug, we’ve gotta start a war in Mexico!