Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I can't wait for the Green Lateran review cause the "Fat, young nerd" voice is absolutely amazing. Really made the Steel incredibly funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

weekly font posted:

Even if the question was "when do they get consistently good" you only have to go back to the first Spooktacular since they're all good and are followed up with Babycakes, Dredd, No Retreat and Ewoks.

I really like it when they review/talk about crazy 80s movies that they all love but fully admit is the most insane thing ever. Gymkata, Blind Fury, I come in Peace, etc there are all a great listen to.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Ave Azaria posted:

Luke doesn't stumble, exactly, but he is portrayed as a kid who hasn't found his calling yet, doing menial labor on a farm and whining. Rey is a deft scavenger from the get go, which looks cool, but dramatically is somewhat less satisfying when it builds up to her doing different cool things. (This would be more annoying if she weren't sharing protagonist role with Finn, who provides the we're-in-over-their-head quality that she's missing.)

I just wish the movies expanded more on that she grew up with the stories of what a Jedi could do. Luke didn't and had to learn/be shown but if the movie established Rey had a full idea of the poo poo Luke had been pulling off in the last 30 years it would make a ton more sense. Like just adding in a extra bit to "Were the legends true" line to be something like "Were the legends true? The Jedi Mind Trick, Force powers?". That way when Rey starts reading Ben Solo mind/using the Jedi Mind Trick its just apart of her realizing she is a Jedi/experimenting instead of Oh she is a master now.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 29, 2015

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
After the little tangent about the VA's lives from the Rudolph's Shiny New Year podcast I really want the WHM cast talk about how batshit crazy life in 1960's Hollywood was.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 3, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

GrandpaPants posted:

You should listen and subscribe to You Must Remember This. It's really good.

Cool, looks good. Any suggestions on which one to listen to first or just jump in with #1?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Of movies or ultragoons?

Cause if you need pure "what the gently caress" 80's anime look no further then Angel Cop. The Japanese subs actually have the big plot of the movie be a straight up Jewish Conspiracy against Japan.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I meant movies, and... yeah, Angel Cop looks like it definitely qualifies. I think I might just search for those old late night TV commercials that still referred to anime as "Japanimation", everything there should qualify.

its like best of the worst of my childhood. Throw in Lensmen (Stars Wars Ripoff) for good measure along with the Fatal Fury movie (which was better then it had any right to be).

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

weekly font posted:

And Morph in like the first episode.

One of the funnest videos I've seen is Taran Killam recap the first episodes of the xmen cartoon (with voices) off the top of his head while just dicking around at a con. Completely dragged me back to my childhood watching that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS8i1OhOimc

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Jack Gladney posted:

I've been looking for this bit for years. Thank you.

I can't get over his Storm "AGREED" and Scott's "ITS FINE JEAN!" voices.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Shirec posted:

R.I.P.D. Raúl Juliá, taken from us too soon :(

If it any solace he did the Street Fighter movie cause his grandkids wanted him too.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

duz posted:

Yeah, of all the letters they've gotten that didn't happen, that one didn't happen the most.

I want, no NEED, to believe that GameMaster letter was real.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

A Meat posted:

Oh poo poo, battlebots is back? Thanks Steve, I used to love that, unashamedly

ABC also added a bunch of rules so ever right is not just two wedgebot trying to flip each other over any more. They are completely useless right but even a couple of bots have flying drone support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObrQ202td08

Edit: With the new patron the We Hate Movies app is basically completely abandoned out right?

BexGu fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 1, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cael posted:

I love that last "season" on WHM we had awesome running gags like Keanu's roommate Brian, Gallagher saying he can play different roles, etc. Hoping for WHM Season 7 we get further appearances of Joint Smokin Stan Lee and Poltergeist house woman.

Still need more Louie Anderson Plays Every Role in my life.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Corek posted:

Unlike most "worst. movies. ever.", where the internet continually harps on it, it was basically forgotten shortly after it came out.

WHM needs to do more of the off the wall superhero movies that came before the big Marvel boom. The Shadow was a really fun episode with a surprising amount of insane concepts/actions going on in the background. Something like the The Phantom or Blankman would be right up their ally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Happening is so bad I've had to explain to people in real life that it wasn't a joke.

And before someone here insists it was an intentional comedy, come on.

The biggest disappoint about The Happening is that we didn't even get any of the comedy deaths. Okay we got a quick shot of a dude letting a lawn mower run over his head but the audience needed more! Backflip into a shark tank, 5 people sharing a single bullet, something!