Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1236468131847168000?s=20

I didn't know this was happening and I want so badly to listen to it but . . . god it's hard to muster up the energy to watch it again even on a reduced volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

:yeah: Cyber Seduction is an all time great, and I wish they would do more Lifetime originals. Hell, maybe do a couple of those Hallmark shovelware Christmas movies.

Jeremy's spoken. Justin's strokin'.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1265841063706742784?s=20

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Rody One Half posted:

Oh boy the Scooby Doo movie's next

I missed your apostrophe at first and went GOD NO, I CAN'T DO ANOTHER ENTIRE SERIES

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

This is my first time watching Melrose Place so I can enjoy the syncable commentary and there's so much to enjoy even just in the background. The Apple IIe or whatever in their apartments bring back so many memories.

Also as someone who ashamedly likes pop punk holy poo poo was that some terrible pop punk when they're listening to the boom box.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Full schedule for anyone interested, and holy poo poo am I ready for the impression town that will be 490.

Episode 487 — Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Episode 488 — Scooby Doo (2002)
Episode 489 — The Mummy (2001)
Episode 490 — The Expendables

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — No Country for Old Men
Animation Damnation — Scooby Doo Where are You?: "Mystery Mask Mix-Up" (s1, e2)
The Nexus: TOS: "Journey to Babel" (s2, e10) TNG: "The Icarus Factor" (s2, e14)
Gleep Glossary: Salacious B. Crumb
A Side Order of Sleaze: Basket Case
Quarterly Synch-able Commentary: Cats (2019)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Part of me hopes they keep it a complete secret until it actually drops, just let everyone be on the edge of their seat.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

B-Rock452 posted:

That's what I have been thinking as well. I saw it once and legit don't remember anything from it, it's just such a nothing movie. Maybe a double feature of Prometheus and Alien Covenant?

Ooooooh this raises an important question of what would be its WLM ep since we know that’s a tie in: Alien or Aliens?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

MELR0210 updated and I only had to read the description before I started laughing. Best (temporary) farewell gift they could give the fans.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Big Daddy Dispatch posted:

It's been the best performing for you folks and we continue to do so with gratitude and humility, because without people posting on the AV Club message boards a decade ago, telling their buddies on the SomethingAwful forums, tweeting about it, telling your friends in person, starting and running Muldoons, the WHM Fan Wiki, making great show art, writing heartfelt emails, writing incredibly silly emails, calling into Listener Request Month, posting on Reddit, dragging your normie friends and lovers to Live Shows, keeping your credit cards current on Patreon.com, and most of all accosting us personally on the street, this show would've gone the way of hundreds of other independent movie podcasts and stopped a long time ago. We feel lucky and grateful for your hard work, which makes our hard work a lot more rewarding.

The forums were definitely what turned me onto the show, and I'm glad to be continuing to post in a thread of cool dudes (and dudettes) from different neighborhoods.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Soup du Jour posted:

I know the guys have a lot of fun with Side Order of Sleaze but I would trade it for Once In A Lifetime so fast

Agreed. Side Order of Sleaze is a fun show but it's a narrow tightrope to find something that's a combination or riffable but also doesn't go to 11 on the sleaze-o-meter. Whereas Lifetime movies there's a million interchangeable ones and they're all gold.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I will defend HDTGM to the death if we keep it to the first say 50 episodes. I need to relisten to some of those because there were flat out hilarious ones (88 Minutes with all the Pacino impressions is one of my favs). People have called it out before, but it was when the scale tipped to majority live episodes that the cast became Flanderized versions of themselves that it dropped off a cliff hard and never recovered.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I could have gone my whole life in the dark about there being a second Garfield and Friends theme song because good lord is that one bad.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Elderbean posted:

What's one of your favorite moments where a side comment lead to an extended joke? I laugh every time I listen to the Wishmaster episode and they get into a tangent about the Wishmaster giving someone a bad blowjob.

There's so many possibilities (grab any of the running gags pictured in the Muldoon's artwork artwork they have for sale), but the one that stands above the rest as what started innocuously and became great was "he's like the Joker of <X>" from the Pet Sematary episode.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I'm only halfway into the Double Jeopardy episode so apologies if this gets addressed in the show, but when Andrew kept talking about Tommy Lee Jones' character getting DUIs . . . was he pronouncing it 'deweys'? I've never heard it said phonetically like that, and just couldn't tell if this is some regional dialect or if Andrew was just a little high.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

"Two of Hollywood's hottest video rental stars." God drat, talk about damning with faint praise.

Also, I can't believe they used clips from The Dennis Miller Show in a trailer. Yikes.

The funniest part is, JUST CUT THE TRAILER DOWN! You're at 2 minutes, you don't need multiple irl interviews with the stars just get the narrator to say something.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

teen witch posted:

AAAAA WITH ANGELICA YESSSS!!!!!

Psyched for a an episode that'll be the opposite of :chast2b:

Full list for all:
Episode 508 — Final Destination 2
Episode 509 — Species II with Angelica Jade Bastién
Episode 510 — Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies
Episode 506 — Saw II

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
Animation Damnation — It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
The Nexus: TOS: "The Trouble With Tribbles" (s2, e15) TNG: "Manhunt" (s2, e19)
Gleep Glossary: The Death Watch Mandalorians (to tie in to the grand return of The Mandalorian Half-Hour coming next month!)
Patreon Commentary: Evil Dead 2

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Vakal posted:

At least they have finally cut out that spanish flea poo poo.

:mods:

That was the best possible way for podcasts to do ads I felt like. Put repeatable background music in, it’s an obvious cue to skip but you can still listen if you wanted.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I missed screencapping it, but his Zoom title was "Admiral Szyska - Stranded on the Forest Moon". Perfection.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Listening to China Syndrome now, and I got it mentioned in a mailbag years ago but I still love to this day how they guys on on the exact right wavelength for the Simpsons reference zeitgeist. I heard them say something about lights in the nuclear plant controls and I go "come on, come on" and immediately Steve chimes in with "Oh Diablo Canyon 2, why can't you be more like Diablo Canyon 1?". They never fail me.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Holy poo poo the commentary. That one merits how I watched Commando-mentary: a nice leisurely day drunk on the couch on a Friday just enjoying the ride.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

So I've never listened to an episode of Hooker on TJ Hooker before (I have such a podcast backlog already) but I may have to listen just because of how much this is going to anger some people (I couldn't be more delighted). To quote the WHM FB, "Tune into the latest HOOKED ON T.J. HOOKER for more, as Eric takes his Trump impression for a 1 hour and 48 minute walk".

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Without knowing anything, it may be beyond their control. I would bet the ad agreements are with headgum and not the individual podcasts, so they can’t as easily just make the decision to do it themselves. Sucks but like Thrawn said, if they’re riffing on the copy I’m fine listening for a little otherwise I just tap the ff a few times until the music fades out and I’m good.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

If you have to ask, you don’t want to know. And I say that as a fan.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Breaking News from the internet ticker: WHM "Live" next month on Dark Fate! Excited we finally get to see it come to fruition.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Even pre-pandemic, most weekends I'll tell my wife "I'm going to take a podcast nap" and I'll relax in bed while the phone plays from the bedside table. If I actually get really sleepy I'll probably turn it off, but it's just a nice way to relax. It's almost like meditation: some people listen to the sounds of nature and running water to harness their nirvana, I listen to podcasts.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Nah, it's absolutely the "1 STAR REVIEW, TOO MANY TRUMP IMPRESSIONS, WHAT A BUNCH OF LIB-TARDS" people who don't even subscribe anymore that they always poke fun at. Even at its worst, the thread is still closer to "I don't like the ads but A) I'm even a patreon subscriber, I just want a drat no ad feed B) eh it's all good".

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

They're doing it next week with Angelica Bastien, god bless

Anyone who doesn't follow the boys on Twitter, they linked to her review of it and oh it's gonna be a beautiful ep.
https://twitter.com/angelicabastien/status/1338950592954310660?s=20

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

On an episode like this, it's always interesting to predict what kind of reaction you get immediately after the "we're talking about": disgust/fatigue or outright anger.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

As another podcast said, this movie found new insane ways to be terrible beyond just the typical superhero fare (and I say that as someone who likes Marvel movies and many of the DC ones). It was ground breaking in how bad it was and how all the decisions came together to result in this being the on-screen product.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Andorra posted:

Does anybody know what happened to the March 2017 mailbag? It's the one where the guy gets caught jerking it to Grown Ups 2. It's not listed on their website, nor is it on the art19 site.

Here you go, I'm assuming the reason it was more annoying to find was that they forgot to actually put 'WHM Mailbag' in the title on the RSS. No idea what about this one would make it excluded from the actual episode page on the website though.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Literally what I was coming in to post. Getting two of them right off the bat in full “gently caress this movie” mode means we’re in for a treat.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

It's about to end shortly (but it'll be there after), but the guys are doing a live Youtube right now that's not a full mailbag but instead just answering some live chat questions and shooting the poo poo. A nice way to end the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSHS_wrYos

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Divx ... now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long time ...

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

If I spoiled myself ages ago just reading the Wikipedia summary, do you still think it’s worth actually watching knowing what’s coming?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

They said Melr0210 is coming back this year, so it's only a question of when.

Also I think a decent part of Mando ballooning up in length is quarantine related. Lets them hang out with each other a little more, they don't have any many other commitments, it's just a perfect storm. We'll see if in late this year when things are more normal (don't argue with me, just dream to imagine) they keep running an hour or if they go "wait I can go to a bar now".

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Marin Karin posted:

I've never seen an episode of either show and have zero cultural osmosis of them, and I still enjoyed hearing them talk about it a lot.

Like the Nexus, their retelling becomes a show of its own with their personal rendition of the characters. It rules.
:emptyquote:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Called and requested Max Payne, to this day one of the absolute worst experiences I've ever had at a theater. Just a joyless slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

So I guess the request lines close today . DO we know when they announce the results?

From the Big Daddy Dispatch the other day posted:

Just an FYI, if YOU want to know what gets picked this year, you're going to want to tune in to our YouTube Channel on Friday, February the 10th at 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time. We'll pull out some names outta the hat and do a mini-mailbag. Should be fun!