Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I've listened to probably 400 episodes since October 2022 and I gotta say, podcast is alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Mola Yam posted:

I've never figured out what a podcast network is supposed to do, from a listener point of view. Was I supposed to develop some sort of brand loyalty to Headgum?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
But if they did that then they couldn't have a computer do it automatically

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Maybe I misunderstood or misheard what he said, but did Chris make some comment like "the use of the term gay as a pejorative is commentary on the kids because they think they're cool but they're not"? I generally disagree with his opinions but not in a serious way, but that one really made me wonder what the hell he was talking about. South Park was casually homophobic in 1999 because all media until like mayyybe 10 years ago was casually homophobic. They weren't being subversive at all.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Cool, cool, thanks for the clarification.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Andrew brings up 30 Rock when talking about Baldwin on the Notting Hill episode but doesn't bring up the fact that Emily Mortimer is also in 30 Rock for like 4 episodes!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I am normally able to disagree with Cabin but respect what he has to say but his comments about AI on osl are some of the dumbest poo poo he's said and that's saying a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

thrawn527 posted:

edit: I went back and listened. He says how if you're against AI, you should have been as against CGI de-aging, and boycotting that as well? And how Dune 2 created a system to find Fremen eyes and color them blue, and that's basically the same as AI, and you should be boycotting that, too? Yeah, that's dumb.

Yeah, it's a false equivalency and really annoyed me.