Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Dogeatdog posted:

I will always have a soft spot for YITB just because they share my love of Constantine (yes, the Keanu Reeves one). Peter Stormare is so good as the devil.

Literally the same reason I will always love them. Constantine rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Today's WHM was just okay until they got to the jokes about the old man who evaluates pictures of turtles and Kiefer Sutherland, at which point it was the funniest thing I'd heard in months.

The best part was the old man telling Kiefer Sutherland "Oooh you're a work of art!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I liked how they used clever songs as intros and didn't give a poo poo.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

They make a point of trying not to do the movies that have already been covered by other podcasts/bad movie sites

The Duke
May 19, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

I know it might be an obvious target for them, but I really wish they do Man of Steel.

I forget, is that on their list of films they won't do?

Violates the 10 year rule.

Also the movie everyone should be calling in is Death Wish 3. I want to hear someone talk about and hopefully love this late night cable piece of crap as much as I do.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

These movies would probably fit more in Side Order of Sleaze but I'd also love to hear them talk about the baffling comedy Sorority Boys or one of the direct to video American Pie sequels. I've seen them all, and they are terrible.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Wentworth Miller owns in everything

The Duke
May 19, 2004

They can only cover Van Helsing if everyone bellows "I am holloooooooow!" when they get to that part.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Hockles posted:

So, Christopher Lloyd...

My guess is Suburban Commando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s

(I don't care if it was released in October, this is right up their alley)

I hope it's this just for more wrestler voice impressions.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Even by the standards of Home Alone knockffs that movie was terrible. Even as a kid I recognized how completely justified Mr Wilson was in being mad at the little bastard for almost killing him multiple times and how inappropriately creepy the child-abducting hobo villain that Lloyd played was.

Not only that, but Denis prevents Mr. Wilson and his garden club from seeing some ultra-rare flower bloom that he'll never have a chance of seeing ever again. What a little poo poo.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

That movie was written by Judd Apatow, which is probably why it holds up a lot better than other movies of its ilk from that era.

It was also kind of cool to see as a kid just because all the token fat kid actors you saw in every other early-90s kids summer camp and sports movie are all in the same movie together.

Heavyweights is loving awesome

The Duke
May 19, 2004

That's the one

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I picked up a DVD at Walmart the other day because it was the only time I had ever seen Tuff Turf on DVD in the wild. Along with that masterpiece are 7 other movies I haven't watched yet but all sound like they'd make amazing WHM episodes:

Soul Man - C. Thomas Howell puts on blackface to go to law school
Angel - A private school girl moonlights as a hooker on a quest for revenge
Fraternity Vacation - Tim Robbins in a summertime boob comedy
Night Patrol - A cop does comedy with a paper bag on his head
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt in some kind scheme to get on a TV dance show
Black Moon Rising - Tommy Lee Jones chases down Linda Hamilton who has stolen a high tech supercar called The Black Moon (written by John Carpenter!)
Reform School Girls - Sexy girls in juvie vs. a sadistic warden

Black Moon Rising shows the most promise of course but I'd love to know if anyone has seen any of these movies at all.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

xzoto1 posted:

Almost as funny as Louie Anderson doing television and movie remakes in their The Day After Tomorrow episode.

CAT HOTDOGS!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't want anyone to leave. :saddowns:

I "Ohhh noooooo"'d outloud when I saw that post

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Listened to the Green Lantern live episode with headphones yesterday and didn't notice anything wrong with the audio at all.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

There must be like a couple dozen "Stay Tuned" movies at this point, probably wouldn't hurt to remind them.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Yaws posted:

I love slashers but it's a subgenre thats easy to make fun of. If it is Freddy vs. Jason they might recommend it anyway. It's not a bad movie.

They didn't seem to enjoy the previous F13 movie they did too much and none of them really have any nostalgia for the franchise unfortunately. It's a really silly movie that I enjoy a lot so I'm sure the episode will still be good.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I actually just watched Pixels last week (free rental, don't judge me) and it wasn't supremely horrible on the level of Jack & Jill/Grown Ups 2, it was just kind of boring. Like seeing your favorite 80s arcade characters come to life is kind of cool but for the most part it feels like they're playing the film version of Nick Arcade. Until the end, when Josh Gad fucks Qbert who has taken the form of a sexy warrior babe from a fake game he's obsessed with and has little Qbert babies.

I guess in retrospect there are some baffling things in the movie like Michelle Monaghan's character instantly falling for Adam Sandler's loser Geek Squad character, Sean Bean being in the movie for like 3 minutes, and Kevin James being the wackiest POTUS, but overall there were probably worse movies released last year. It'd still be a funny episode though and I'd love to hear them rip on some of the stupider things in there.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

1. Abraxas
2. Addicted to Love
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
4. Tuff Turf

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Yes, this was definitely a great episode. Everything about Andrew's seething hatred of pranksters (impractical or otherwise), "You'd break bread with the Beaver Patrol?" and the old timey Oscars phone calls were amazing.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Is that Steve in the back? Somehow he looks exactly like his voice sounds :allears:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Let us all remember the Beefometer and Dennis Quaid being a weak, weak man

edit: And every gun in every movie being a TAURUS JUDGE

The Duke fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 2, 2016

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I forget the exact line but I cracked up pretty hard at GW talking about "the Nintendo input" and "This kid's never moving out!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Yeah, Can't Hardly Wait is actually a pretty good movie. It's fun spotting all the early roles for some actors and I like Seth Green's character at the end.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Shocking lack of Addicted to Love on this page :ughh:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Yes, please. I want to hear them goof on some of the 90s best child stars. Man of the House would be great because I think they could get a lot of mileage out of the Indian names gag that made me cringe even as a child. And Big Fat Liar would be amazing because I love their Paul Giamatti impression. I caught like 20 minutes of it on TV the other day and was thinking it would make a pretty good episode.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Unmature posted:

It's just fun to lampoon his penchant for playing sadsack characters. No one thinks he's like that, it's just funny because he plays a lot of Harvey Pekar-esque characters.

American Splendor is a loving great movie

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Cable Guy is super underrated and I don't understand the bad rap it gets.

:agreed:

cheerfullydrab posted:

The show is definitely better with Cabin than without him.

How can this be possible when they just put out a year of great episodes without him? I don't hate Cabin but I can't really say that I thought an element of the show was missing while he was gone.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I'm totally with them on the idea of this whole universe of films has gotten pretty ridiculous, and the need for every one of them to be interconnected kind of hurts them due to the need to set up future events and wink at comic fans. Admittedly I still watch all of them because they aren't terrible movies (Marvel, not DC) and we're all pretty invested at this point, it would just be nice though if we could get a modern comic movie that didn't waste time on the origin (every person in the world knows Batman at this point, its straight up filler to show the Waynes' deaths) and had a decent story from start to finish without all the easter eggs and whatnot.

I actually didn't realize ASM2 had that many easter eggs besides the wall of the villain costumes at the end. Hearing Andrew sigh at each one was hilarious.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

They didn't even bring up the scene where the marshals are checking Cyrus' cell and John Cusack dodges a hilarious CG door being exploded at him

The Duke
May 19, 2004

They definitely need to do a Wishmaster film for Spooktacular one year. I really need to hear the boys' Andrew Divoff impressions.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

LG Yahoo, bisexual prospector and Larry Blumpkin, the mailman who likes getting his dick sucked on the TOILET are two of the best goofs ever on this show.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I hope The Big Hit gets in this year, I want to hear them go off on "Taste the Golden Spray" and Trace-buster Buster BUSTERs.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Hang up on em!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Cracking up pretty hard at the Michael Bay = Michael Myers goofs

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Andorra posted:

An Freddy vs. Jason-esque crossover: Scum Cops vs. Two Fat Spies

Where does Fat Ghoooooost fit into this?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Love Guru better make it in this year

The Duke
May 19, 2004

“Freddy, the motorcycle!” and “Is there anyone left in the theater? It’s Super Freddy time!” had me dying. I hope they do a list of the Chucky and Final Destination movies at some point, even though I love them and would be kind of sad if they trashed them super hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

That’s Cloudy raining on David Schwimmer