Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
There's a lot of podcasts out there about bad movies but these guys are one of the better ones. They seem to have bad movie taste similar to mine so I enjoy it a lot. I probably would have never discovered Tuff Turf if it weren't for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Super Mario Bros. episode was amazing. You could tell they realllllly had fun on that one. Lots of good jokes.

I checked out Alcohollywood because that goon won't shut up about it. It's not very good at all. The drink angle is immature and the jokes weren't funny. It's also not produced properly or something because it sounds like everyone is 50 ft. away from the microphone.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I watched that movie many times as a kid. I thought the episode on it was pretty good. I should go back and try to watch it decades later.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

We watched teen wolf a few months ago. Even as a joke watch it's hard to make it through. I can't imagine TWTOO being better.

The first one is only watchable because of Michael J Fox.

Wow. That thought made me wonder what Arrested Development would look like if he were the lead and not Jason Bateman.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Every product advertised on podcasts seems to be aimed at hipster agoraphobes.

Well who else has time to listen to 50 podcasts a day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I kinda resent my parents for never having the premium movie channels when I was growing up. I missed out on a lot of amazing things.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

precision posted:

Rock n Roll High School Forever is great, especially their continuing hatred of Mojo Nixon.

Wait what? They covered this movie ? I need to dig through the archives and find it. That's one of my most hated movies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Croisquessein posted:

The Blind Fury episode was great, I'm so happy they loved the movie as much as I do. If you haven't seen it you should. It's really a great Zatoichi homage and a lot of fun.

Movies like that are the best. Good enough to sort of enjoy watching. Bad enough to get some great jokes out of the content.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

PSA: In the new WHM episode (:dance: Space Jam :dance:), you can freely skip the first eight minutes that's pure ads and the way-too-long announcement that they'll be on Spotify.

I'm disappointed with the ads but I knew it was coming when they first announced they joined Sideshow. At least they're front loaded and not in the middle like Flophouse.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo this weeks animation damnation sounds completely insane. I need to watch it.

Sometimes I get nostalgic and wonder why NBC stopped airing Saturday morning cartoons. Then I listened to that and remember why.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BlameSpacePod posted:

Thank you. That's very kind of you to say. I know some folks had checked the show out before and weren't feeling it. I'd recommend they give it another shot since the show has entered a new era of no longer having in person guests and rather making Rich a permanent fixture starting with the Water Fluoridation episode but I'd say Pigman is a good place to start.

The show will have a "season finale" sometime the week of June 15th with an all call-in episode that won't be streaming live but it'll focus on individual calls and topics they bring up, one after another. I'd love for some of you SA kids to join in since you all know Slender men and whatnot. 718-593-4619 or Skype BlameSpacePod. It'll probably be Thursday the 18th from 7:30 EST to 9:30 EST. Follow the show's twitter for more up to date info as it becomes available @BlameSpacePod

So uh, which of the WHM dudes are goons?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'll just echo similar sentiments. The podcast is fine. There's nothing wrong with taking a fun movie and getting jokes out of it. I loving hate podcasts and this is the only one I really look forward to every week.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Did I hear them right on the Dragonheart episode that they're going on vacation? I wonder if they'll do what they did before and put up some more older episodes on the app.

I think last time they re-posted old episodes with new intros and I think even new outros.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

In the Mission Impossible mini-sodes, they mention Martin Landau flipping out at MTV News' Kennedy. Here's the clip. It's a pro-watch.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/101196/martin-landau-berates-kennedy.jhtml

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

so which ethnicities AREN'T cheap?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gilbert's podcast has been using the same Uber copy. Must be a Sideshow thing .

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

All that stuff makes Max Fun stuff totally unlistenable.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Holy cow I've never seen that movie before and it absolutely looks like an episode of Power Rangers.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yaws posted:

Are they done with Side Order of Sleaze?

Hopefully not. Those types of movies are among my favorite.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That has to be one of the best episodes ever.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Love at First Bite is another Carrey movie I thought of.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Once Bitten would be great, too. Whole lot of camp and riffing opportunities for the guys.

poo poo that's the one I was thinking of!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Martin Cinemax III makes a return.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I never watched GI Joe as a kid so I never realized the episodes were that crazy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ZeroPrimal posted:

I grew up with them. Believe me, these are some of the more grounded in reality episodes.

So how does a cartoon show about a PMC and a terrorist organization end up having episodes about night clubs and hit top 40 singles?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

if anyone is interested, the movie is up on youtube under its alternate title, Aerobicide.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 13, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

It's OK. My only real problem with it is that Elliot Kalan never met a joke he couldn't run into the ground. I'd say it's worth a shot.

I did really enjoy the latest episode with the various McElroys hosting though.

I hate hate hate hate the voices of the McElroys and I have no idea how anyone can stand their podcast.

I listen to Flophouse but I don't know why. I really don't like it. Their podcast is usually around 90 minutes and maybe 20 of that is actually discussing the movie. The rest is dumb Kalan jokes, plugging their own poo poo, and stupid in-joke mailbox letters.

edit: I also like the Thursday mini-sode on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast. Gilbert and his co-host both recommend a movie. They span decades and genres but they're all usually pretty good picks. Some I've watched, some I haven't.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Out of curiosity I went to Fango's website. 12 loving dollars per magazine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Morter posted:

Wait what? Where are you guys getting ads in the middle of your podcasts? I download them direct at whmpodcast and they're always in the front and easy to skip.

Gilbert Gottfried's does. Even his short 20 minute Thursday podcast has ads in the beginning and an ad in the middle.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Morter posted:

Oh gently caress I'll finally understand this stupid rear end quote.

I keep hearing "Theeeener" and have njo idea where it's from

i also generally don't watch movies so i'll not know a lot of references :v:

Why do you listen to a podcast that is all about movies but you don't watch movies? That's weird.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Morter posted:

Because they're funny, and might actually inspire me to watch movies.

Hell, I listened to Opie and Anthony for so long that when I finally watched Fargo and King of Comedy, I laughed so hard at the references I recognized :kiddo:

Admittedly, I am weird.

Frustratingly, I can't find whoever the hell says "Theener"

Looking for a video clip of it. Can anyone help?

Just do it. Go through the WHM back catalog and check out the movies they discuss.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I can't remember which episode (there's been a lot of content the past two weeks) but they straight up said the next Animation Damnation is James Bond Jr.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

promo code HATE

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm alright with Harry's Razors ads. They felt less scummy than the Draft Kinds ads, and shaving produces actual scum.

I thought they said it was James Bond month, or was I imagining that?

Not so much a James Bond month, but they're doing a few things for it. The next AD is James Bond Jr.

Which of course makes no sense since Bond isn't a code name, so why would his name change because he goes to spy school.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's actually supposed to be Bond's nephew or something.

Yes. Which is why it makes even worse sense.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

precision posted:

Those ads literally kill my appetite, if the people at Naturebox are actually happy with his read then I can only conclude they are a very odd company.

Then again it's probably targeted at people who subscribe to "beer of the month" clubs and stuff and that is pretty much the opposite of me.

e: oh man I just realized what movie they need to do: 1990's Problem Child

e2: holy poo poo Problem Child made 70 million on a 10 million budget, jesus christ

e3: and was the directing debut of the guy who's been doing Adam Sandler's terrible poo poo lately, including I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2 and Jack and Jill, what!

Problem Child isn't thaaaaaat bad of a movie. It's got a great cast and it's kinda entertaining. The second one though, is awful.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Definitely checkout the mail bag this week.

Purity Witness :stare:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I had no idea that was even a thing. "Hey man I need you to vouch for me. I did not in fact jerk off to a kids movie."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They said before they wouldn't do the other prequel movies. So assuming it's an episode of WHM Prime, that leaves ROTJ or the Clone Wars movie.

There's more comedy potential in ROTJ so that's a good bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

weekly font posted:

I definitely use "longer than fuckin' Star Wars!" as a unit of time now.

This has also become my standard unit of movie run time. "This movie is 1.25 Star Wars."

Also "Talky talk" for when movies have giant meaningless walls of dialog.

And my favorite: "All ding dong day."