Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Robbing James Carville of the role he was born to play

I don't think he had hatched yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

lol way to buy into the right wing smear that James Carville isn't eternal, always slumbering, waiting to be awoken.

I like Carville, have met him several times (we're from the same place), and he loves jokes like this.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Beep, beep.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Eric Szyszka never fails to crack me up. Even when his jokes don't land he still manages to make it funny.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Sax Solo posted:

Yeah he's great at taking things up to a more absurd and funny level. He can't carry the main line forward like the other guys. When he tries he's kinda absurdly bad at it though, so it's still funny.

I like that kind of humor. Also, when they all disagree on movies, he usually has the take me and my SO agree with*, so he's our favorite.

(*For example, that Dredd is good, or the opening scene of La La Land is bad.)

There was a recent episode where he did the Harry's ad and it was simultaneously mediocre and hilarious. His constant tweets about the Bye Bye Man crack me up. I can't wait until he sees that movie.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

300 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's unintentionally hilarious.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

I just read an article on Alex Jones that said one of the major advertisers on his radio show is Harry's, the shaving company. So I guess he and WHM share some demographics.

People who shave?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I'm listening to the Gilbert Gottfried interview right now. Is it really him? Because it sort of sounds like Chris Cabin doing an impression.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

well why not posted:

AVP is happening and I hope they stretch it out to be A/P month like the x-men month a while back. They could do Predators, AvP2:R and Alien Resurrection.

Didn't they already do Predators?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Thanks. I thought Predators = Predator 2 (like Aliens).

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Is there any place online to listen to the first WHM episode? It's not on their website.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Isn't Holes the sequel to Hole?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Super Fan posted:

How bad are the Transformers movies? I'm thinking about watching them so I can follow along with WHM.

Roger Ebert's Transformers 2 review is one of my favorites. He gave it one star. He gave the first one three stars.

Roger Ebert posted:

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

He also mentions it in his G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra review

Roger Ebert posted:

"G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" is a 118-minute animated film with sequences involving the faces and other body parts of human beings. It is sure to be enjoyed by those whose movie appreciation is defined by the ability to discern that moving pictures and sound are being employed to depict violence. Nevertheless, it is better than "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Chris, Eric, and Steve talk scary movies on the most recent episode of All Fantasy Everything. Absolute must listen.
https://headgum.com/all-fantasy-everything/ep-53-scary-movies-with-chris-cabin-eric-szyszka-and-stephen-sajdak-of-we-hate-movies

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/932653314952646657

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

They won't stop until they're all dead.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

All the Fast/Furious movies are poo poo. It's the worst franchise.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

sponges posted:

I have never seen a Furious movie but they sound crazy dumb

You're missing out on unwatchable garbage.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Where did Eric Movie originate? Was it an episode or something that sprang up on social media?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Fart City posted:

See: the entire Blumhouse Productions catalogue. Irregardless of quality, their movies almost always turn a profit because of their tight budgets.

Yeah Get Out was a such a garbage horror movie.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Air Bud would be a great name for a marijuana drone delivery business.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Why is Sajdak always saying "Pay me my price?" I don't get the reference.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Just watch the trailer. It's got feels the movie never lived up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Billy Gnosis posted:

I just realized I was mixing up Man of Steel and Superman Returns. Better choice?

Superman Returns is the better film. Recent troubles aside, Spacey makes a good Lex Luthor. Kate Bosworth is a terrible Lois Lane though.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/961046404868255745

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

All of these VFFGs (very funny fat guys) understand how comedy works and Eric Szyszka is a comedic genius.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Lemon posted:

I like the on screens as its interesting to get their takes on current stuff, but I can't imagine I'd ever re listen to one

BvS is very repeatable but most of their "we love movies" on-screen episodes are not.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I thought the one on the mailbag was fine. Black Men Can't Jump In Hollywood is a good pod.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

My friend who reccomended We Hate Movies way back when recently reccomended The Last Podcast on the Left and it's similarly entertaining.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/972621506223144960

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

The episode was likely short because they were only allotted an hour or so. Andrew even says something about needing to wrap it up near the end.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

This is a great lineup. Airborne is one of those movies I forgot existed.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Lost in Space is the movie I've called in the last few years for listener request so I'm stoked they're finally doing it. Probably because the new Netflix show is about to premiere.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/981248831177281536

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I will never tire of their impression of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. It is so god drat funny.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Fart City makes an excellent point.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Has the Jungle 2 Jungle episode dropped on Patreon yet?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

The Blade 3 live show was the first episode I finished and then immediately started up again because it was so drat good. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and IT are some of my other recent favorites. Steve's Pennywise is my second favorite impression after his Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Wasn't it called Boober?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Anyone know why Eric wasn't on the recent episode?