Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

thrawn527 posted:

I am a bit sad that I won't be able to listen to them cover The Birdcage as a WLM, since it's a live show nowhere near where I live. I loving love that movie. Hopefully it's released on the feed at some point. I'd pay for it, for the same good cause the live show is going towards.

Even if they put out a recording of the live show in the summer, those shows are often lacking due to time constraints. Really bummed about this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I don't get the love for the Guardian movies. They're total slogs.

It's ok to like a movie.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Hopefully getting some Angelica Jade Bastién soon. She's my fave guest host.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I don't remember the Simpsons guys being memorable or bad, they were just there. Nothing like that insufferable guy who ruined the Die Hard: With a Vengeance episode.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

July Dispatch dropped.

Episode 683 – Garfield: The Movie with Bob Mackey and Henry Gilbert

Episode 684 – Mission: Impossible II

Episode 685 – American Pie 2 with Angelica Jade Bastién

Episode 686 – The Postman

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies – Mission: Impossible

Animation Damnation: Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai: “Never Get Them Wet” (s1, e1)

The Nexus: TOS: “The Mark of Gideon” (s3, e16), TNG: “Transfigurations”(s3,e25)

Gleep Glossary: Han Solo

MelR0210: 90210 “Misery Loves Company” (s3, e1), Melrose Place: “Reunion Blues” (s2, e16)

Y'all were just asking for more AJB :)

Angelica Jade Bastién, bitches!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

It's just like putting a rod through a cylinder, which they teach you in grade school.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

mweber posted:

I’m looking at you, It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

The rare three hour comedy.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Bummed Angelica isn't gonna be on The Faculty episode, seems right up her alley.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

I always had a soft spot for that episode due to the scene where they parody the Scooby-Doo "This is how Old Man Withers faked the ghost" scene by having the "explanation" make no loving sense (like the ghost being created by a flashlight and cotton swabs). A lot of Scooby-Doo episodes to me had "explanations" that were just as nonsensical and plot hole ridden (the episode with the monster from the future comes to mind since they claimed the monster was a hologram except for key moments even though Scooby and Shaggy spend most of the episode clearly physically interacting with it).

Would totally listen to your podcast pointing out how illogical Scoody Doo is.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a bit of a horror weenie in general, though I do like the occasional Resident Evil game, and I kind of want to watch Friday the 13th Final Chapter ahead of the live show. Is it a good watch?

None of those movies come even remotely to a good watch. Literally any other horror franchise has something better to offer.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

On a recent episode Chris Cabin said that Winchester movie with Helen Mirren was good and I just about lost it. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

Oh God, the intro to the Thrawn ep was perfect.

I thought I had played the Iron Man 3 episode by mistake.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

tehslime posted:

I love WHM. It also reminds how quickly and thoroughly HDTGM went completely to poo poo. It used to be pretty great believe it or not and it’s all but unlistenable now.

I only find their live shows enjoyable. HDTGM really knows how to work an audience.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Maybe they haven't even bothered to watch Flash.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

At the end of the episode on on Hypnotic they talked about it reminding them of the movie Serenity but didn't mention that they had covered it a few years ago. Did they forget? I mean I can't blame them.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

anybody got the phone number?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

...I could have sworn they already did this.

Now I'm having a real Mandela-effect moment because I could vividly remember them talking about Jeff Daniels and his entire SWAT team getting destroyed by that booby trap

They've talked about that scene and Daniels' expression in several episodes, including the Speed 2: Cruise Control episode. I just listened to one of them the other day.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

I always hope they'll do another Halloween sequel for the :spooky:Spooktacular:spooky: so Loose Loomis can make a return.

They still haven't done Halloweens 4 and Halloween 5 (both with Loomis), or Halloween (2018), or Halloween Kills, nor have they done either of the Zombie Halloweens (both with "Loomis").

e: I love all of their Halloween episodes. The opening of their Halloween Ends episode where Cabin keeps saying "**Corey**" and Andrew has to go "Will you shut the gently caress up for two seconds?"

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 18, 2024

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Fugitive episode is great. It's an advanced Steve episode. Kinda bummed there wasn't a VHS Trailer game. All the bits about "I don't care" just eating away at Dr. Richard Kimble are great.

FistEnergy posted:

Oh man, The Fugitive is one of my favorite movies and I was hoping they'd do an episode on it someday. Unfortunately it's a premium episode and I cancelled a few years ago because less of their selections have interested me in recent years. The niche stuff and animated stuff don't interest me. Oh well.

You could always subscribe for one month a year, listen to all the stuff you want in that month, and then cancel. Still a way to support them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Steve posted on Reddit looking for Patreon feedback.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/comments/1c6dd6r/patreon_what_do_you_think/