Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Invalid Validation posted:

This may seem kind weird but I just came to the conclusion fairly recently that the WHM guys do pretty good impressions. I can't really explain why I thought differently till now.

Listening to the Gone Fishin' episode today and it's a great Danny Glover impression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

This is the only podcast that ever made me wish K-9 had more dog-boner-drenched sequels.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what?

fake edit: holy poo poo you're not kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myc6HpJzgaU

missing the "he always did have an inflated opinion of himself :smug:" stinger

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

I can't fathom a movie making anyone angry

Neither could I, until Driven and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle came along. I was insulted that some shitbird somewhere thought I would be entertained by this loud HEY COOL LOOK SOME OBVIOUS CGI WHEEEEEE horseshit.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

On the other hand, you went to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

no, both it and Driven were on HBO one night. Christ man, I'm not a monster.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Gyges posted:

Man, those are the worst team ups. Sure I'm part of a global domination paramilitary organization primarily utilizing terrorism as my tool, but I'm not drug dealing scum. Good guy/bad guy team ups can be good, but you've got to utilize a better reason than "Hey I'm a bad guy, I'm not EVIL over here."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Man oh man, that reminds me of all the loving Marvel villains shedding tears over the rubble of the World Trade Center in that one comic.
Even the Juggernaut.

You know. The one WHO DID THIS.

Just gonna leave this here

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

The fact that The Joker loves his country is pretty funny to me.

I dunno

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Cyron posted:

maybe I am found of it since it the show having any sort of drama in it 8 year run.

you what now

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Things from this podcast that are never not funny: Jim Belushi voice (preferably whining aloud to Jerry Lee), Mark Wahlberg's devastation over Goober.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

Poor Velma, she always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to re-designs.

LIKE, WE WERE DOING PRETTY GOOD UNTIL DICKLESS HERE TURNED OFF THE CONTAINMENT UNIT, HUH SCOOB

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I'm just glad to know I wasn't the only one who has obsessed over the weird reading of "CAAANS! THEY'RE JUST CAAAANS!" since 1994

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

my god I could listen to that drop of John Cusack going "LOOOOOONGFELLOW!" all day long

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

ghost emoji posted:

I really hope there's a Twin Peaks reboot on-screen episode, because there's an old favorite in the cast list.

Jim Belushi

Who else was going to play FAT GHOOOOOST?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

The show has a bad first season, but it actually picks up. Even Ritchie ends up being a good character.

I loved it when I was 14, but did it ever evolve past "immortal of the week that apparently Duncan has had run-ins with before"?

Also, as someone who loved the first movie and liked the TV series, holy poo poo Endgame is almost worse than 2.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

You should watch The Source. The show in the last season added demons and other nonsense.

I rented it from Blockbuster years ago. The guy at the counter actually warned me. When I got home, the disc was unplayable. I decided to listen to what the universe was telling me and didn't try again.

duz posted:

If you liked the show at all, that really helped Endgame be better than 2 & 3. Nothing beats that giant blurred JVC logo though.

I myself liked the show and watched the first 3 seasons or so. I went to Endgame with 2 other people;. One was a guy who adored the first movie, hated 2 and 3, and did the "NOT MY HIGHLANDER" bit with the TV show and the other was a girl who had never seen the TV show or other movies and had in fact never even heard of them.

When we left, she was the only one who liked it. She wasn't very bright.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, Face/Off is good but it's also bugfuck insane and way too long. It's the definition of a good movie that's still really easy to make fun of.

It's weird how a movie can be so cool when it comes out and years later look like a parody.

EDIT: Also, on the intentionally-bad movie tip, Kung Fury is sort of garbage and I can't fathom why so many people find it great.

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 31, 2016

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

kaesarsosei posted:

Is there anywhere I can get a list of "must-listen" episodes of this?

Cross reference the episode list with Wilford Brimley's IMDB credits for the answer. Enjoy yourself, gawdamoot.

When you're done with that, do the same for fat ghoJim Belushi

Croisquessein posted:

Seeing Picard reminds me of how horrible their Patrick Stewart impressions always are. They kill it with most of the other ones but for some reason that's their sucky one.

I'm kind of shocked we made it through X3 without a single mention of the nexus

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Yaws posted:

What makes you say that? Besides Eric posting here I mean

Didn't they once read a letter that mentioned LOL STAIRS? Or am I confusing it with some other podcast

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

There should be a "preteen-defining endlessly-rerun-on-HBO-circa-1991-1993" month. We have Don't Tell Mom... out of the way, now onto Double Trouble, The Toy, The Golden Child, and If Looks Could Kill.

EDIT: Oh, and Nothing But Trouble. Yikes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

ghost emoji posted:

I think one of them said they said they would never do a Nothing But Trouble episode, because that would involve rewatching the movie and it's too unsettling.

I understand, truly. Too much melted, obscenely glistening Dan Akroyd and his disgusting hot dog train for me to ever stomach again

Count Chocula posted:

Sounds like a fun horror movie.

Sounds like, but one can only describe the reality with words like "grotesque". You Can Keep It (tm).

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Violator posted:

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

I think that's it. I was a monthly reader of EGM so I think I've got it.

you missed Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

Counterpoint: No it isn't.

Counter-Counterpoint: Why you eyein' my lemon drink?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

The Twinkie Czar posted:

And speaking of How Did this Get Made?, their show spawned an ongoing series of articles on Slash Film looking into the behind the scenes history of the movies HDTGM does. They get some impressive interviews, including a fantastic phone interview with Mel Brooks (executive producer of Solarbabies).

Their live shows still have a lot of annoying crap going on.

Man that show got to a point where half of it was ads. One place WHM really shines in comparison to HDTGM is that I can actually follow the plot of the movie, whereas HDTGM often sounds like a rifftrax with no movie audio.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

If that happens, we need a Goon Drive to raise money so we can get an absolutely ridiculously terrible movie picked.

"MOM!! THAT WEIRD FIGURINE IS EVIDENSH OF A DOOM HOUSSSHE!"
"I don't care, sweetie!"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Calaveron posted:

So on a scale from The Dark Knight to Fantastic Four 2015, how bad is ASM2? It sounds really bloated and despite just listening to the episode, I still felt like they didn't actually speak about the movie

Remove everything to do with mom and dad Parker, any Aunt May subplots, and Electro's dub-step inner monologue and it would probably between the middle and top for me. And actually have Norman Osborn as the Goblin, but that's just my inner "MOM THE NEW WIZARD CAME OUT" talking.

Also, despite their praise for the Raimi films, thay have aged terribly, especially the first one. The second comes off the best, but I still don't like it anywhere near as much as I did in 2004.

EDIT: Except JK Simmons. I still love that man.

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 10, 2016

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

All that Furlong in Pet Sematary 2, and never once did the Trickster make a visit. Ah-booo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has ground his teeth at "MAAAAAAAHM" for the last 25 years though.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Someone on Reddit linked the Golden Corral commercial referenced in Ernest Scared Stupid and God help me I can't stop laughing at that little Foxworthy in the corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOEs0lLtTm8

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

man I was looking forward to the movie version of The Disaster Artist until I found out the entire cast of How Did This Get Made is in it

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

When they run out of horror franchises for the Spooktacular, they could do an On-Screen about The Munsters Today.

(There's what, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre... and that's it, isn't it?)

man my biggest point of contention with an episode is their mockery of New Nightmare, which was the only good Nightmare on Elm Street sequel. Luckily, I know that It's Okay To Like a Movie.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I'm pretty sure the guy counting ballots in my state was Secundus.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Scratchman Apoo posted:

This most recent episode had some of the best tangents in a long time. Jesus Christ the guys are on fire lately.

...and yet the shout of "THE MCKENZIE BROTHERS!" wasn't immediately followed by "TRIED THEM FOR MURDERRRRRR! GAVE 'EM THE CHAIRRRRR!". They're slipping.

GrandpaPants posted:

That hot dog tangent was god tier, but I don't know what's wrong with ketchup on hot dogs :shrug:

The same thing that's wrong with ketchup on everything else: it's ketchup.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Tempted to call in Warlock: The Armageddon even though all I remember about it is a woman giving birth to a full-grown Julian Sands, who she then locks out of the bathroom.

Sef! posted:

There's a mailbag moment that pops in my head every now and then, and never fails to make me laugh. I don't remember which episode it is, but Jupin tells a story about seeing "Wild" starring Reese Witherspoon in a packed theater, and in the opening scene she takes her sock off or something, and her toenail comes with it. He makes this loud, startled scream in horror that isn't given justice in text.

That idiotic "YAH-HOOOOO" in Deep Blue Sea gets me like that.

EDIT: It's no Jay and Silent Bob/Princess Diaries mixup, but while watching the re-release of The Exorcist back in 2000, a gentleman a couple of rows behind us shouts "MAN, THIS AIN'T GHOST SHIP" and leaves.

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 29, 2016

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Baka-nin posted:

Funny I had a similar urge to get up and shout when I saw Ghost Ship.

Another movie where I can remember only one scene. You know which one.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Holy gently caress, I forgotten how insane and great that movie was. That whole sequence is peak Sam Raimi.

This movie and Robocop were ones that we watched when I was 10 and our reaction was basically nerdy voice "OH MAN THIS IS SCHWEET". Revisiting them years later after remembering them solely as unironic kick-rear end action movies was priceless.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

precision posted:

The first Rampage is a legitimately good film, and the second one would make a hilarious episode. HAven't seen the third one yet.

Not having heard of this and knowing his penchant for bad video game movies, I was hoping to finally get the Giant Ape/Lizard/Werewolf movie I always wanted, but alas.

TetsuoTW posted:

I guess I just prefer when they're not being deliberately obtuse.

I've seen no one but a certain kind of comic book nerd get mad about this. It was a garbage movie that made even less sense if you were a "normal" audience member that didn't already know a bunch of dumb DC Universe poo poo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

Dude there's no need to be a dick just because I didn't like one episode of a show.

Not trying to be, just pointing out that not picking up on unexplained and unnecessary fanservice isn't "deliberately obtuse"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

BvS and SS were successes in one and only one respect: making me want to see a standalone Irons/Affleck Batman movie

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I've seen Mystery Men a ton and I don't even like it.

I liked Mystery Men. The last time I saw it was 17 years ago. I have a feeling I may feel differently now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Called in to Listener Request, hoping they pick this amazing movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9qfcM3m3S4

The Skype wasn't working so I had to call long-distance. Such is my love for the WHM boys.

Also, as someone who just found out what The Nutshack is:

I hate all of you for bringing this to my attention.

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Called in Mike Meyers' Cat in the Hat, which is the most detestable thing I've ever seen in nearly 4 decades of watching garbage movies. One of maybe 3 movies that made me angry enough to pace the room.