Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Die Hard 2 has the problem of being stuck between two significantly better Dies Hards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DH2 is also just DH1 again with Dennis Franz filling in as the authority figure and a janitor instead of Argyle

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A Fancy Hat posted:

Silent Night Deadly Night was an all-timer of an episode between the horrors of Santa Con and the horrific insight into Eric's life growing up.

I haven’t listened yet but Santacon is an absolutely fuckin nightmare

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

clown shoes posted:

At the end of the episode on on Hypnotic they talked about it reminding them of the movie Serenity but didn't mention that they had covered it a few years ago. Did they forget? I mean I can't blame them.

Ok I’m intrigued now cause that movie made me stand up and pace around the room with my hands on my head. More than once.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Season 1 has the Tony Todd episode iirc and that one whips. I know theres lists of which episodes to watch but I’d recommend anyone just throw it on and settle in to episodes that grab you. Show good. I even like the Doggett years.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

enigmahfc posted:

Tony Todd is in the episode 'Sleepless' which is a season 2 episode. Its pretty good and it introduces Krycek (I think). And yeah, the Doggett season have some really great stuff too. The mythology starts to stretch thin by season 5 and the main conspiracy is pretty wrapped up by the middle of season 6, so the 'new' mythology of the 6th extinction and super soldiers isn't nearly as compelling as the colonization stuff. But i love X-files so much and there are a lot of monster of the week episodes that rule all the way through the entire show (yes, even season 10 and 11).

I sort of miss shows that had actual episodes. Like, you can throw on Bad Blood or Clyde Buckman's Final Repose or Humbug for X-Files and they still rule even if you haven't seen everything before or after. Try doing that with most any modern show and all your doing is watching an hour of a 8-10 hour long movie.

Hey now Fringe was pretty good! (For a JJ xfiles clone)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tiptoes is a movie I would have thought for sure they’ve covered by now. I think I’m going to call in Drop Dead Fred after Crabin referenced it on the Beetlejuice ep. There aren’t many movies with disgusting shitmen but DDF has possibly the worst of them and my partner claims she watched it all the time growing up.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It’s ok to like a movie

The first bit that hooked me was in Dracula 3000 where they talked about how anyone who crossed god became a monster.

“Two more nails for you Hellraiser Doubting Thomas!”

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Even Snyderheads barely have a defense other than “but the good version is coming!”

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Arson Daily posted:

i honestly thought it was a star wars side story. hopefully watching this tonight, cant wait for it to be terrible

Its his Star Wars pitch that Disney turned down or something

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

mweber posted:

Today is Eric Roberts’s birthday. Please wish him well.

There’s never a day I don’t wake up and hope Eric Roberts is doing great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Inkspot posted:

Do not worry about Eric Roberts.

You take this back right now