Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Croisquessein posted:

The invented characters are great. In the recent podcast for three men and a baby they have an invented doorman who turns a blind eye to their various drugs / horses / women / babies escapades in exchange for cash under the table, shaking his head in shame all the while and muttering to himself about the mortgage. It's so great that they can just pull this stuff out of nowhere.

I had to pause this episode for a while because I was laughing so hard at work. The doorman was killing me. "Oh lord, a baby?! What are they...I don't want to know."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really want to send in a modified version of that Batman vs. Superman email from a few weeks ago, except that it's about how not all the immortals are highlanders, just McCloud.

Seriously, read a loving comic book.

e: I really hope they do the Highlander cartoon for Animation Damnation.

Both of these ideas are great. I thought the Adrian Paul TV show was great when I was a kid. What's not to love about supermen walking around with swords in their jackets all day?

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

The idea that Ben Grimm got the worst of the cosmic storm because he had his mouth open when it hit made me laugh so hard I had to stop the podcast and walk away from my desk. I don't know why but that visual really hit me. This episode was great!

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Chiming in to say that while ads in general suck I hope the gang makes shitloads of money on the podcast anyhow they can. Small price to pay for all of the laughs I've had. I dream of 2018 being the year the WHM guys go full time podcast and are doing 3 episodes a week from exotic locations with the tallest glasses of water.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

"We're not allowed to fight on hallowed grou- Really, Chris? Sweatpants?" killed me. Also, I was a huge fan on the TV show in highschool. They should have brought me on as a special guest expert. I could have answered so many questions about immortals.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Someone said she was a "sexual predator" and then Steve I think made the Predator clicking/purring noise. There was that second before it clicked and then I laughed very loud at work. I had to get up from my desk and take a walk. The last two episodes were fantastic.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Pacific Rim was mostly just boring. Like, I don't understand how the people who criticize the Transformers movies for focusing too much on the humans and not enough on the robot action are perfectly fine with Pacific Rim having only three big robot fight scenes and instead being mostly training montages, flashbacks, and inter-team drama broken up with the loud comic relief characters running around and yelling a lot.

Also people complain about the fight scenes in Transformers being incomprehensible due to the busy designs of the robots and the constant distracting "Bayhem" going on at all times but the Pacific Rim fight scenes all take place at night and are murky and poorly lit, the first one being a shoving match in waist-deep ocean water in the middle of a storm and the climax being literally underwater with everyone moving in slow motion in the middle of sand they keep kicking up when they move.

It's OK To Like A Movie and all but I feel like half of the goodwill people have towards Pacific Rim is because the creator is a fat hairy manchild and not a "dumb jock" like they imagine Michael Bay is.

I think Pacific Rim is ok and despise the Transformers movies. Pacific Rim is a movie about humans piloting giant robots. Humans belong in the movie. It's Top Gun with mechs. I grew up in the 80s with Transformers cartoons and no one I knew ever walked in to the toy store and looked for the Sparkplug or Spike action figures. On top of that the Transformers themselves in the movie look like blurry garbage. Who looked at those designs and liked it? I've never been more disappointed coming out of a movie that I was after seeing the first one. Obviously nostalgia clouds my view a bit about Transformers and Pacific Rim is far from a perfect movie. All that said, if Tape Man is an actual character in the last Transformer movie I might go see it.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I was really happy to hear Eric mention Airborne because I wasn't sure anyone outside my group of friends ever saw it. I've been meaning to call it in for request month. It's the rad Nineties in movie form and its a great hangover movie. Definitely a WLM for me.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I listened to a lot of Coast to Coast over the years. Art Bell was really great about letting just the right amount of crazy on the show. Eric, if you’re out there, please call Art and ask him to do an episode of WHM or BIOOS. He’s not doing anything now anyway is he? Also, gently caress yes for Airborne! It’s such a dumb fun movie.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

That xXx episode had me laughing. I had to shut the podcast off after some of the "I live for this poo poo! Bitch." lines. The guys were so in to it. "Gettin' kidnapped? I live for this poo poo!" It's right up there with the Optimus Prime impression. "I'm coming for you, Maker. Prepare to get hosed."

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

That's a great costume!

Good episode this week. I always confuse Brainscan with Wishmaster so I was hoping that there would be a character crossover. Maybe Jeremy's new internship is over at Wishmaster HQ.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

That's a great lineup! Super excited for WLM.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

The episode was hilarious. Eric's total disgust at this not-a-movie made me glad I never bothered with it. Steve being a 'pede-head was a surprise though. I think the Property-pede Brothers got the biggest laugh out of me.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Pirates 4 was based on the book On Stranger Tides. It was pretty good and that really helped the movie. It's been a long time since I've read it so I'm not sure how closely it follows the plot but at least the framework is there.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

They did Pearl Harbor but also had Dan Carlin as a guest. This is the first 4.5 hour episode of three.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

I watched it yesterday and it's batshit insane in the best way

I watched Ricochet last night on HBO. It was not at all the movie I thought it was. In my head this was a movie about drug dealers and gangs or something but I wanted to watch it before I listened. I had no idea Denzel or Lithgow were in it. What a ride. Definite recommend from me. I don't know if it's a good movie but it was worth a watch.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I’ll give it a listen then. This month has been rough for me, because, while I love their Brimley impressions, I’ve seen barely any of his movies (outside of The Thing and Hard Target, which they already did), so I haven’t even heard of most of these movies. I’ve heard of The Firm, obviously, but never watched it. But if you say it’s one of their best episodes in a while, I’ll give it a listen.

Should I watch The Firm first?

I would say watch it first only because the cast is stacked. It's not a bad movie, I just think it shows it's age. I watched it a few months ago and I feel like it moves slow. How do you have a movie with Tom Cruise, Ed Harris, Busey, and Brimley and have it not blow people's pants off? Although I remember when it came out everyone read the book that summer and thought the movie was amazing too.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

The band hogan said he was going to be the bassist for is Metallica

Now I wish this had actually happened. I listened to a lot of Metallica in highschool and I'd like to see the look on 16-year-old me's face when I heard that Hulk Hogan was replacing Jason Newstead. Just trying to process that might have broken my brain. I assume he'd play in his Hogan gear?

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I think my favorite Steve-ism is when he tries to get the gang back on topic with a "So anyway, that guy's dead...".

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been getting caught up on some Patreon stuff. The bit on the Babyknapped episode with Mt. Dew wine was killing me. They came up with like 20 things but Savignon Blast made me pause the podcast because I was laughing so hard. Neglecting the Lifetime episodes was a big mistake.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

That's an absolutely stacked lineup. I'm excited for every one of those episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Wait, how have they never done Navy Seals? That's a great terrible dumb action movie.