Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HERE COMES KAZAA

HE IS ALSO A BOOMBOX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Super Fan posted:

How bad are the Transformers movies? I'm thinking about watching them so I can follow along with WHM.
Real bad. 1 is barely passable, but 2 and beyond become loving unbearable.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I need to hear the WHM guys do The Book of Henry. I saw it yesterday and it's just baffling in its insanity. I know Jurassic World was a huge hit and all, but why anyone let Trevorrow do that is still a mystery to me. The theater I was in was fairly packed with families with kids. I don't think the parents had any idea what the gently caress kind of movie they were actually in for.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GrandpaPants posted:

The Wikipedia summary of The Book of Henry is...something:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Henry

Can't wait for this worst of 2017!
It's exactly as batshit crazy as you think it is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fart City posted:

I just read io9's review for the new movie, and apparently the secret sect of humans that has been working with the Transformers throughout history is called the Witwiccans. As in Sam Witwicky... Wiccans

Holy poo poo.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sneakin' in barbecue sauce

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Steve Bannon’s online dating profile avatar hahahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

“In my high school, they found a girl on the side of the road. Turns out she died in a car accident.”
“Well that makes sense.”
“So she didn’t remember any of it.”
“What with being deceased?”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tender Bender posted:

Help me out here, there was a Twin Peaks riff about how they talk in the black lodge in a recent episode... Which episode was it and where? I can't find it and it's driving me crazy.
There's one in the most recent episode on Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, if that's what you're referring to.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, Max Von Sydow singing Mr. Brightside is making me laugh entirely too hard

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yaws posted:

Myers is very old looking now.

Wait when did he turn into Steve Martin

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MariusLecter posted:

The one where the death trap is "two guys saw a woman in half because she cheated on both of them" was the lowest point for the SAW franchise. IMO
Which one was that again? I know 2 had the needle pit and 3 had the brain surgery but after that I don't remember what scenes happen in which movies.

Well I remember 7 had Chester from Linkin Park in it :smith: RIP Chester

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If they don't do The Book of Henry at some point, I'm gonna be upset

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I used to love the Saw movies. Every year on Halloween night for a while, I'd see the new Saw movie in theaters. It was a tradition of mine.

Like 2 years ago, I re-watched them all leading up to Halloween to see if they held up. 1 through 3 are a decent amount of fun with memorable traps but still not good movies. After that, the series is a total slog aside from whichever one has the insurance company people. That one was alright. But drat, I thought that would be a fun series to re-watch and it really wasn't. The traps in the last few movies aren't even memorable, which is kind of the entire point of watching those movies.

I'm not the least bit interested in going to see the new one, even though I have MoviePass now and can basically go see whatever I want in theaters at any time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Apes-Ma posted:

After watching it, I really hope they do The Snowman for worst of 2017 now.
It's not even entertainingly bad beyond the main character's name. I saw it last night and the scenery is gorgeous because it's set/filmed in Norway, but the plot and characters are super boring.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Blame It On Outer Space is back!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, casting Sean Connery as Gerard Butler's father in the next ________ Has Fallen movie would make me so loving happy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

5 simoleon
5 simoleon footlooooooooooong

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

oh my god

(from the WHM Facebook)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Admiral Bosch posted:

god drat it i liked the thomas jane punisher :saddowns:
May I ask why? I mean outside of this scene which is timeless cinematic gold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqbIfOMxgc

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This David Lynch impression saying "I made episode 8 & even I can't loving stomach Boss Baby!" is killing me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/SizzlingSaturn/status/948349816995766272

loving hell hahahahahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Apes-Ma posted:

Dissapointed they are not gonna do The Snowman and The Book Of Henry
Wait why not? Those are both loving prime candidates for this podcast :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

No, that basically sounds right. It's between FF8 and It Comes at Night for my worst theatrical release of the year.
I don't think you saw enough movies in theaters last year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This new episode aggravates me. They're coming into the series way late and have no idea what's going on and Fate of the Furious was nowhere near one of the worst movies of last year. All the gripes they have about this movie are moments that were entertaining as gently caress.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i agree they're rife for mockery, though, they're very silly movies. that just doesn't make them bad. they're pretty fuckin' good at what they do, honestly, 4 and 8 aside.
8 isn't even remotely as much of a slog as 4. Did we watch different movies? :psyduck:

Like WHM calling this "unwatchable" baffles me. It's full of enjoyable moments. It doesn't hit the highs of previous entries in the series, but it also doesn't hit the series' lows either.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:siren: New BIOOS! :siren:

http://www.blameitonouterspace.com/2018/01/i-ufos-oumuamua-and-their-relation-to.html

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't believe they're calling Geostorm one of the worst movies of 2017. They said it'd probably be their favorite of the worst of 2017, but still. Geostorm was ridiculously stupid and a ton of fun throughout. I wouldn't even dream of calling it one of the worst of 2017.

The Bye-Bye Man sounds pretty bad from everything I've heard, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I listen to WHM at 1.5x speed and have for so long that it just sounds natural to me now, so hearing this song at normal speed weirds me the gently caress out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Try it sometime, it really doesn't sound as weird or unnatural as you'd think

You get through episodes quicker, giving you more time for other podcasts :eng101:

I listen to most podcasts at speeds faster than 1x. WHM at 1.5x, Giant Bombcast/Beastcast at 1.5x, This American Life at 1.5x, Guys We hosed at 1.5x or even 2x sometimes, etc.

Some of them just sound too slow after adjusting to listening to them faster

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't think it's necessarily ADD. Like, the first podcast I started listening to regularly was the Giant Bombcast, which can often last 2.5 to 3 hours long. I listened to it at normal 1x speed for months before I even knew changing speeds was an option, and that wasn't a problem. At 1.5x, I can still concentrate on all the co-hosts' voices and not really miss anything and get through it faster, so ever since then, I've been listening to it at 1.5x. That's been at least 2 years now, and it never feels weird.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

sponges posted:

I’m not trying to be a dick but how is that even tolerable? People speaking at an artificially sped up tempo is so unnatural and undermines the flow conversations have.

Are people really this pressed for time?
Have you ever tried it? Because at 2x, it becomes unnatural and intolerable, but at 1.5x it's totally fine. You're speeding it up a little but it's not like you're increasing the tempo by an insane amount or anything.

And when you listen to a podcast regularly and you get to know the sound of all the co-hosts' voices, it's really not hard to distinguish them at that speed.

I can always tell Eric from Stephen from Chris from Andrew, even at 1.5x.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Corek posted:

Oscar-nominated movie Boss Baby
I gotta watch it now. I've heard such a wide array of opinions on this thing, from people calling it an abortion to praising it, and now it's up for a loving Oscar? I have to see what this is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AceOfFlames posted:

Despite not having seen Boss Baby I'm willing to bet the sole reason for the Oscar nom was "there are 5 slots and it was either this or the loving Emoji Movie"
Having now seen Boss Baby, I think I would've preferred The Emoji Movie be on that list instead.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This derail about Paul Kersey's architecture class has me loving dying :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's really more of a mongoose.
You really didn't have to do it :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally subscribed to their Patreon today, just watched Jungle 2 Jungle for the first time since seeing it in theaters as a kid to prepare for the episode and what the gently caress was that movie :psyboom:

There are so many reasons why that could've only been made in the 90s. Absolutely not happening post 9/11.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I subscribed to the Patreon a few days ago and watched Bright before listening to that episode.

That was a bad idea. Nobody watch Bright. Learn from my mistakes. Dear god, I implore you :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I literally just started rewatching Twin Peaks season 3 last night, so hearing this Larry the Cable Guy in the Black Lodge bit has me dying laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jeez, the gang thought Solo was far better than I did. That's surprising. Oh well.