Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
When the hell are we getting that Steve spin-off podcast about all the weirdos he encounters in New York?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I had one wish after listening to this episode and someone was kind enough to make it come true!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

precision posted:

I'm not ready to watch this. I just can't do it.

I tried watching it months ago and I only finished it by fast forwarding through most of it. I will say that the villain was amazing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know they've been doing it a lot lately, but the Jim Ross impressions loving kill me every time! I love that it's gotten to the point that even Eric is doing them.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Both Steve and Andrew said they stopped watching after Wrestlemania 17 and the last time they tried watching they couldn't sit through a 20 minute match. Eric mentioned he checked out around the time the Undertaker first showed up.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

precision posted:

I mean, you're not wrong.

"So he's dead", pops up so much and it's always funny.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't wait for them to read that email!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Illinois Smith posted:

what, this one?

I've had a lifelong hatred of Martin Short and I'm pretty sure it started with the trailers from this movie.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

bobkatt013 posted:

She was also crucified by Dredd

She got crucified sooo many times on that show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GrandpaPants posted:

Did they even see the movie or do they just say it because it's so stupid to say?

They name drop that movie all the time.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
gently caress! The tickets to the Chicago show are already sold out, son of a bitch.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Shirec posted:

You guys, Sucker Punch is so bad. I had never watched it, and just heard of it's shittiness, but wow. The Punchmentary made it bearable, and there were a few times that Andrew Jupin and I lined up on 'What the gently caress?!' but I'm shocked that anyone ever let Zack Snyder direct a movie again.
Also, it was surprisingly hard to find a non-director's cut of the film.

It's amazing how good the Punchmentary is compared to the actual movie. Like, there's the tiniest hint of a decent movie buried under all that Zack Snyder, but it never really amounts to anything.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Seriously though, I hope Kenny G gets the help he needs.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Violator posted:

Yep, you were right. I remember cracking up the first time I heard the episode but for some reason I thought it was from much longer ago.

Gave the episode a re-listen, and interestingly they have a few extended bits talking about how terrible they expect BvS to be. Andrew says he wants to buy a ticket for another movie and sneak in to see it because he doesn't want to support it, Eric decides "I want to see it but it can't be good", and Steve says "Batman vs Superman: Who ever wins we lose." And the consensus is that Zack Synder smells like farts. But Andrew does enjoy that Daredevil kills and that's a hero right up his alley, but Steve and Eric disagree.

Aaaaaaaaand I'm the nerd they make fun of.

Well it's not like they were wing on this one.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Na'at posted:

TBH I always prefer the episodes with Szyszka. The other guys are all totally hilarious too but I laugh a lot more at the episodes he's in

That's how I was when I started listening years ago, then Steve slowly became my MVP. I'm just glad they dropped the rotating cast before Cabin left. It was nice just having all four of them on one movie.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I've incorporated "gleep-glop aliens" into my vocabulary as of late.

I love using gleep-glops in my everyday life so much that my wife, who doesn't really listen to WHM, has started saying it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Vermain posted:

The aforementioned chowderhead posted a tweet threatening to call Eric's boss and tell him he was gay, which he almost immediately deleted.

That loving sucks! poo poo like that is what got "Yeah, it's that bad" canceled. Also, what would telling someone's they're gay possibly accomplish?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Count Chocula posted:

Maybe they should do research first.

Seriously, how many angry letters have you and Misterbibs sent in to these guys?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So is this a response to anything on this page or

Count Chocula posted:

Maybe they should do research first.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Eh, it can go either way in this thread.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The only time I've gone out to watch a WHM choice before I listened to the podcast was for Hard Target and Brainscan.

Those were both solid decisions, but I would not recommend anyone watch Lady In The Water

I watched Body Parts one night when it was on Cinemax, really upped the experience having listened to the episode previously.

Honestly, I tend to listen to each episode at least twice. The first time I don't really follow the overall plot stuff and cause I'm usually laughing so much.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

teen witch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e6gLht6OQ

It is as bad, if not even worse, than the tangent let on. This is a On-Screen worthy "film".

Cabin's back :woop: (is it for good or for a guest spot?)

Wait, these things are movie, movies? I assumed they were ultra right-wing documentaries. I remember when the Obama one came out and my job had a huge display with all the copies, so that should tell you all you need to know about where I work.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ravenkult posted:

New mailbag is loving amazing.

I loved Andrew's power trip story, I've totally been that rear end in a top hat before.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can deal with HDTGM when it's a studio episode, but the live shows are almost un-listenable due to everyone talking over each other trying to get their poo poo in. Seriously, take a shot every time Jason cuts someone off to make a joke that totally derails the show, you'll be dead in minutes. I love how the WHM guys let each other riff and back off a joke if someone else starts talking.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Does anyone remember which episode the guys were making fun of John Saxton being in Enter the Dragon?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This weeks movie is amazing spiderman 2, holy poo poo! I'm so excited right now!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm disappointed they didn't even touch on the Philip Philip's montage/music video. Good god what the gently caress was that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

The best part about this scene is that it leads to nothing and his weird vision board doesn't have any payoff what so ever. Kind of like that video that Richard Parker just had to upload that doesn't matter at all, because he sent it to a secret lab no one instead of sending it to the media.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I actually think the second one is better than the first. Simply because the entire first half is the retelling of Peter's origin that goes on far too long, the you have Uncle Ben's stupid stupid death scene, and the Richard Parker stuff that goes no where. Not that the second one isn't terrible in its own right.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DrVenkman posted:

One of the best things to come from ASM 2 (And the Sony hack) are those studio notes from Kevin Feige, which it looks like they promptly ignored:

"Kevin Feige? What's that guy no about making superhero movies?" - Someone who's probably unemployed right now.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

JackBobby posted:

Just listened to the Substitute 2 episode. Was anyone else disappointed that they referred to Guru as a middling rapper and didn't seem to realize that he died a few years ago?

You gotta give them credit for even knowing who guru is considering they are the whitest men in America.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I always assumed the Hollow Man killed the next door neighbor afterwards. Weird how there's no callback to that at all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
drat it, which one of you guys are responsible for this?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TetsuoTW posted:

The response on Facebook to that whole kerfuffle was also admirably adult on the part of the fans too tbh

I was actually surprised by that. Any other podcast I listen to would have had dbags tripping over themselves to bitch about censorship or "pc culture". It was really refreshing to see so many level headed people agreeing whole hardedly.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They've always been pretty clear that they're knowledgeable about old-rear end wrestling and not so much about post-2000 stuff.

Which is why all their references to wrestling are dated as gently caress. Andrew and Steve both admit to being fans in high school and dropping out around the same time that most of America did.

In episode they mention trying to watch a recent Wrestlemainia match and couldn't deal with the long rear end run time.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The WHM guys do long winded derails about all kinds of dated poo poo and it's always funny.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TetsuoTW posted:

I can't believe anyone is still salty about that.

There's probably people still pissed off about the BVS episode. People have the weirdest hangups.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
How are Trump impressions any worse than the multitude of bad impressions they've been running into the ground for years?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Baka-nin posted:

And it only gets better from there.

Re: Pizza hut vs Taco Bell, I've seen two versions of Demolition Man, a TV edit and a Pal DVD, both had Taco Bell, which actually confused me because I wasn't sure if that was real or a made up franchise. Today there are about a dozen dotted around.

I watched it on HBO go the other night and even though they say Taco Bell the closed captions all read Pizza hut.

Gyges posted:

Might as well go for the filler where Goku and Piccolo drive cars.

There really isn't any other option.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They start off every episode by saying who they are. How is this so hard for people to follow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Can you really say the crew is biased against Snyder? It's not like the vast majority of his output hasn't been extremely polarizing, to put it lightly.