Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh awesome, I was just lamenting how I was out of How Did This Get Made episodes to listen to. These guys are solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Their Ghostbusters 2 episode is phenomenal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, my god that was a good episode. The impersonations, my word.

JONESY!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The entire segment on John Hurt's character was also inspired. "He was like, Mutt's cool gay uncle, you know, he'd come around and have tea".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I, Frankenstein is on Netflix and I keep meaning to watch it in a "how bad can it possibly be" way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never even seen Secret Window but the episode for it is amazing. The constant John Turturro and Johnny Depp impersonations are slaying me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The thing that got me to swear off How Did This Get Made is the awful commercials. Paul Scheer makes every product that sponsors them sound creepy and horrible, I have no idea why he's so bad at it. I know I can just skip the commercials (like I skip the equally awful theme song) but that requires input rather than just "leave it on and listen".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I finally listened to the Blame it On Rio episode.

Michael Caine, nooooo!

Now I just have to watch the actual movie :suicide:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sucker Punch is legitimately a great movie though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Rock n Roll High School Forever is great, especially their continuing hatred of Mojo Nixon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
People are arguing about ads you can easily skip now?

Today. Today is the day I am officially old.

(The "cookie monster Needle in the Hay" bit was short but oh my god)

e: the Oldboy bit is probably the funniest thing they have ever done

precision fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 27, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gyges posted:

I wish I could listen to WHM while I'm going to sleep, but they've got their theme song at the end and it's loud as poo poo.

I've tried to do this and it's really hard to fall asleep while you're laughing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Brocktoon posted:

Isn't the gymnastics scene straight from the book?

Space Jam was a great episode, but those three are idiots if they don't like Quick Change. That movie is hilarious.

Well one or two of them seemed to not even remember what it was. That's a great movie but it has a way of making people forget it exists.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I still get surprised when they drop references like "hunting him down like Lili Taylor in I Shot Andy Warhol".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I never listen to HDTGM at all anymore because the WHM guys are way more "the kind of people I hang out with already". HDTGM is only ever as good as the jokes they write, because as far as I can tell Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas are really annoying guys.

e: my listener request is Star Trek 5. I rewatched that last night because my girlfriend has never seen it and holy poo poo, it's just so hilarious in ways I never really caught before or had forgotten, like the Uhuru scene (you know which one)

precision fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 2, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tomahawk posted:

I will keep calling in Death Wish 3 until they at the very least do any Death Wish movie.

Same, but with Howling 2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Master of Disguise is completely unwatchable.

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Well how bad could it...

quote:

The best implication of seriously out there sex poo poo is the creepy minute long scene at the end where an executive of “Black Markebay” auction house asks Devlin about whether a Master of Disguise could dress up as Britney Spears and other “hot” celebrities. This sick gently caress even asks about his ability to dress up as the Olsen Twins who were just 16 at the time. THIS MOVIE IS PG AND A GROWN rear end MAN IS INQUIRING ABOUT HAVING A THREESOME WITH MAN ROLE PLAYING AS TWO SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRLS. These characters are animals whose robust sexual appetites can only be satiated with carnal knowledge found within the depths of our very being! They probably get down in ways that Michel Foucault couldn’t even fathom.

:yikes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

What the gently caress.

Yeah, I'm getting wasted and watching this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

In the book he's his nephew, I'm pretty sure.

In the film he sarcastically calls him "Dad". He says something like "Thanks a lot, dad". He's definitely related to Hammond because there was something in the book about how he only got the job because of that.

Also, we watched Master of Disguise last night and I legitimately don't remember anything about it. :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

Love Guru, Master of Disguise , Wayne's World marathon.

3movies1bullet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrVenkman posted:

I'm pretty sure Hammond mentions in the movie that they only got Nedry because he's the only one who could handle the workload.

It's really weird that apparently so many people came to the conclusion that he was related to Hammond if there's no mention of it. I guess it must just all come from the "thanks a lot dad" line and the way he acts toward Hammond in general is very uncle-nephew or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HE KNEW THEY COULD FLY! THERE'S A loving AVIARY!!!!

Also, Blame it on Outer Space is really good, it's a lot more mellow and dry humor-ish which makes it great for late night. It's better than Coast to Coast AM has been since, like, 2003.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BlameSpacePod posted:

The other guys have never used this site. I had to google what a goon was in relation to these forums so that shows you how much I know too. Okay guys, check ya later.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.

You guys are all doing a great job, keep it up!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This actually happened to me today: friend of my girlfriend calls her up, wants to go shopping, I tag along, she mentions how much she likes Dana Carvey's stand-up comedy and wonders why he hasn't been up to much, I say "probably because he made the worst movie ever", the friend claims she's watched it a dozen times and it's one of her favorite movies.

So there you go, fellows. :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I forgot about Zohan. Wasn't that movie a success? I'm amazed he never sequel'd it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could have sworn that Spawn actually did well and was generally liked, if only for John Leguizamo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mortal Kombat just got added to Netflix. It is every bit as amazing and hilarious as I remember. :colbert:

I've never actually watched Annihilation, I feel like I should though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
2005 was a weird year for me, so I had no idea that Stealth was even a movie that existed.

:stare: Holy poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just listened to the Alex Jones/Bill Hicks episode of Blame it on Outer Space. It is everything I wanted. The only thing is that they didn't mention Alex Jones' first film role was Linklater's first film, Slacker.

Also, somehow I didn't know that Alex Jones is about my age. He seriously seems like he should be way older since that puts him as a 19 year old in Slacker, which doesn't seem right.

fake edit: Wait, no, he would have been 16 but also IMDB tells me he isn't in it anyway. Did someone change the Matrix again? :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
1999 was also an order of magnitude better for albums than most years.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's more than one Ron Paul reference in Slacker, too, which is hilarious.

Well now I've gotta rewatch it again.

I have used "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy" at least a dozen times in arguments over the years. That is one good line.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't know about Slacker, but he was for sure in A Scanner Darkly.

Yeah I remember that, because by that time he had crossed over from "endearing weirdo" to "literally doesn't believe anything he says, is Evil Rush Limbaugh" so I was a bit confused that Linklater would still be so close to someone like that.

His rant in Waking Life however is a highlight of the film.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is this the first episode they actually defined what a "tall glass of water" is? I figured it out a while ago, but I can't imagine it made any sense to someone that's not familiar with bongs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

They've said they've watched movies with a few beers and a tall glass of water which is weed

Specifically I'm fairly sure "tall glass of water" is a reference to bongs being usually tall and usually filled with water.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've sat through Paul Scheer's loving abysmal and creepy How Did This Get Made ads, nothing these guys do is anywhere near as bad as those. Dear God. I think Scheer is a pretty funny guy but his choice to do ads in what I can only describe as "child molester voice" is... odd.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm glad Mom and Dad Save the World is a stay tuned because man, that movie is ripe for the picking.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. The worst is his Naturebox reads. That is not a voice I want trying to sell me food.

Those ads literally kill my appetite, if the people at Naturebox are actually happy with his read then I can only conclude they are a very odd company.

Then again it's probably targeted at people who subscribe to "beer of the month" clubs and stuff and that is pretty much the opposite of me.

e: oh man I just realized what movie they need to do: 1990's Problem Child

e2: holy poo poo Problem Child made 70 million on a 10 million budget, jesus christ

e3: and was the directing debut of the guy who's been doing Adam Sandler's terrible poo poo lately, including I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2 and Jack and Jill, what!

precision fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 14, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought Identity was a pretty decent little flick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good Will Hunting made me angry at the time, because I paid money to see it. What a dumpster fire that film is.