Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, I could have sworn that Weekend at Bernie's 3 did actually exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bernie isn't a corpse until 50 minutes in!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Robocop 2 is at least bad in ways that are interesting. 3 is just bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pan is a legitimately entertaining movie - it's basically a cynical grunge/goth reskin of Stardust, and while it made me roll my eyes dozens of times, it was always with a kind of amazed smile on my face.

It is simply too interesting to be bad, especially culturally.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Bogus Journey owns.

Yeah it does.

DoombatINC posted:

I'm actually excited to see it when it hits DVD, it looks like it could be some seriously fun camp.

I mean, if the idea of seeing Hugh Jackman dressed as a budget Baron Samedi solemnly intoning the lyrics to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" doesn't appeal to you, I don't know that you can even call yourself a film fan at all!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had bad parents so I had to endure things like seeing Down and Out in Beverly Hills in the theater

On the plus side, they did buy a copy of Beverly Hills Cop as their first VHS tape.

It cost them $80.

e: man, Down and Out in Beverly Hills would make a fantastic episode, I can hear the Nick Nolte impressions already

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can top that. My parents rented Mannequin 2.

More than once.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I will always defend Party Monster as being a legitimately great film, mincing Seth Green and all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hockles posted:

Something that I thought of while watching the movie... Were they trying to make "STATION" the next "Cowabunga" catchphrase? Was it already a thing during that time?

I had managed to block out what STATION actually looked like and now I am sad that Google exists.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Frank Welker has a gold loving toilet, you know he does!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Now I have just got to loving see a documentary on how the gently caress Frank Welker does it

He's got it figured out, man

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I lost it at the theorizing about the Bill and Ted commune where "everybody's fuckin'!"

e: Oh, and the first episode I listened to was Ghostbusters 2, because of course it was

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've always said "not for nothing" but now I say it all the time because of these guys (I think it's Andrew that says it all the time).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
CDBaby is real good yeah.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You're fuckin' a legless shaved Ewok - IF YOU'RE LUCKY!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Their many variations on "whatever" are just the best. These guys are real good at not giving a gently caress.

Also the George Lucas voice, haha. "Um, Stephen, listen, hey Stephen..."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You don't get elected Princess! Does she even know how Democracy works?!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Conal Cochran posted:

We Hate Movies has uploaded their episode on X-Mas Origins: Santa Claus.

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2015/12/episode-230-santa-claus-movie.html

Somehow I missed this movie. Now I kind of have to see it. I'm convinced WHM does this on purpose.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Poe Damoran, secret Jedi?! You know what guys, you can keep it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

enigmahfc posted:

I had no idea what 'Snood" was and had to Google it and now I still have no idea what Snood is.

She's real skinny and a cartoon but I dunno she just does it for me. Now that's a Saturday afternoon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been driving my wife nuts with "I've seen the documents"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Somehow, after reading that, I'm more confused.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah yeah!

e: I shamefully confused WHM with How Did This Get Made (which I don't even listen to anymore) because I thought they already did Master of Disguise, I am totally calling that in next listener request month

precision fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 8, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DoombatINC posted:

Just two hours to go before the release of the Russell Madness episode!!!

If you haven't watched it yet, this leaves you an hour and a half to catch the movie and a half hour to spin the cylinder of a revolver with a thousand yard stare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJtzFy-JsbU

I'm not ready to watch this. I just can't do it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress, I'd no idea Steve Wiebe had a cameo in Pixels. So now we live in a world where it's possible that Steve and Billy were both offered little cameos and Billy "fuckin'" Mitchell is the one who said "you can keep it". :(

Then again, if that did happen, he probably turned it down because he wanted to actually play the Peter Dinklage role himself. And Wiebe undoubtedly got a good few bucks, so.

But man did this one ever make me want to actually watch the movie. President Grilled Steak Enchirito is just too loving bizarre for me to not investigate, like most sane people I just ignored it when it was coming out and didn't even know about the Kevin James President of the USA thing at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheFallenEvincar posted:

That Shaggy can go straight back to hell, man

I'm not even sure "Steampunk Stoner" is a thing! You can keep it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Here's how you do a fuckin' scooby doo remake:

Daphe - Scarlett Johanssen
Fred - Channing Tatum
Shaggy - Ninja from Die Antwoord
Velma - Zooey Deschanel

voice of Scooby Doo - Jonah Hill

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Two, who was that going "ee-cee-dub, ee-cee-dub" quietly during the ECW bit? Eric? Andrew and Steve seemed to mostly either be unaware of ECW or have it buried deep in the memory hole.

Collectively, I think these guys know exactly as much about pro wrestling as I do. I think one of them even said they stopped watching in 2001, which is when I checked out of it too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TetsuoTW posted:

I think you mean "It's pretty good, question mark".

I mean, you're not wrong.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was thinking about requesting King of Kong because, while they like the film itself, I feel like there is pleeeeeeeeenty of jokes to be made there.

e: like "I recently turned 35 and retired and now I play video games every day. I'm gonna have 10 pieces of well done bacon, 3 hard boiled eggs, and play some Donkey Kong" Hey Brian, you're supposed to write suicide notes down, not just randomly blurt them out

e2: oh Lord I never thought about it before but surely Brian Kuh and Robert Mrcziak are goons :tinfoil:

precision fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 6, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Chasing Ghosts is way better in terms of sheer cringe. The dude who collects pinup art and has one scene that's like a two minute cut of him unwrapping and proudly displaying a painting of a woman fingering herself is just the most awkward thing.

Yeah, that's Robert Mrcziak, and that part is some serious :stonklol:

He was the guy who "has to watch that 3 day Nibbler performance" too. Also in King of Kong he's the guy who comes up with "there's a white gummy substance on Steve's Donkey Kong board, obviously he cheated".

Like I said, no way he isn't a goon.

e: I'm halfway through Mortdecai and that is absolutely what I'm calling in because what the gently caress am I watching

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Corek posted:

The best thing about Mortdecai is that it was advertised as basically Master of Disguise 2 but is somehow rated R.

It's really baffling because Depp, McGregor and Paltrow all try their damndest with the material they're given but it is such a mess of a goofball fest I can't imagine who thought it was a good idea. It's almost literally a Hudson Hawk remake.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Johnny Depp: I have a somewhat goofy but small mustache now.
Literally everyone else in the cast: Holy poo poo that thing is literally worse than the Holocaust.
Audience: Ha... ha?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been listening to the oldest episodes that I skipped before, and holy poo poo some of them are just as good as the newer ones. In particular, The Wrong Guys, The Net and Deep Impact are loving hilarious.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

I liked the part on the Judge Dredd episode when they find out that the 2000AD comics are from Britain and get mad about the movie being set in America and full of American actors. Even though the comic is itself set in America since it's explicitly a satire of American politics and culture.

Put the tweet down, sir.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cael posted:

I feel like in the newer episodes they go off on longer sidebars / repeat the jokes more often in the same episode. And I couldn't be happier. It's always great how after a few minutes usually Andrew will just go "SO IN THE MOVIE" and try to get them back on track.

There have been several recent episodes where I was hoping they'd just keep on the tangent and forget about the movie.

edit: How do you guys reckon that WHM have never played D&D before? I guarantee you they've tasted that fruit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm a huge nerd and I've never once played D&D or anything like it, unless D&D videogames count. It's easier than you'd think to avoid.

I was going more on their age rather than them being nerds; I'm not really nerdy at all but because of the D&D Satanic Panic I felt obligated to try playing it with my middle school friends once.

e: For the record, I was a Half-Elf Cleric/Fighter. So maybe I am a nerd because holy poo poo, is there a nerdier race/class combo?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Chaotic Neutral is the worst thing to come out of D&D bar none. It makes no sense!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Illinois Smith posted:

It's definitely the worst 90s thing I remember actually liking at the time it came out. 14-year old me thought that ending where a guy gets AIDS by raping a girl his buddy had previously given it to while taking her virginity was all kinds of profound, man.

I guess most of my friends back then being skaters and all of us starting to experiment with weed and beer when it came out played into it too, but still.

Kids and especially Bully are still great films, despite Clark's fetishizing. Wassup Rockers is also really good, but probably only worth watching if you're down to watch what ends up being just a 90 minute skate video with a good soundtrack and barely a plot.

It's worth noting though that none of Clark's films actually have a Slint song in them. The soundtrack to Kids was curated by Lou Barlow of Sebadoh/Folk Implosion ("Natural One" being a legitimate hit from the soundtrack) and he put Slint's "Good Morning Captain" on it for the sole reason that he wanted more people to know about the band. Nary a note from the song appears in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GrandpaPants posted:

My favorite joke was "I'm watching The Man in the High Castle for the wrong reasons!"

Also, what the hell happened with Ron White now? Wasn't he like the one funny one in the entire Blue Collar Comedy Tour (I say this based on like 10 year old memories)

I remember watching a Ron White standup special once, and the crowd got super uncomfortable when he started talking about how much he loves smoking weed and he had a reasonably inoffensive bit about hot transsexuals. He was definitely not happy to be stuck with those yahoos.

hey kewl!