Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sexpig by night posted:

that genuinely may be one of the best request month spreads they've had. A little of everything and all prime targets

except Love Guru :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was just made aware of this film and drat I wish I'd called it in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4L6ruTF5qE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fart City posted:

Early 90’s were a wild ride, man. Incredible that any of us survived.

"Has anything aged as poorly as 90s Cool?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

All that bullshit in season 2 that made me regret ever starting the show? All Secundus.

Oh ya I know how Twin Peaks was originally supposed to end. I've seen the documents.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fart City posted:

Re-listening to old episodes, and drat is Antitrust a hidden gem.

“Uh, sorry guys. The negotiations with Sugar Ray fell through. We’re going to have to go with Everclear.”

“What the gently caress?! I hate Art Alexakis! Alright, fine. But he can’t sing about his dad!”

They’re all about his dad!

Also: BurtonWorld and “Helena Bonham Bumper Cars.”

I would 100% listen to a one-off or spin-off Patreon-only podcast where they do nothing but talk about music, especially 80s/90s punk and indie bands. Ideally there would be an entire episode on Mojo Nixon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm honestly not sure if anything they do will ever top the gallagher impressions

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i love the bit where Andrew and Stephen are explaining DeviantArt to Eric

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
eric's confused "how would they even meet?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Vanilla Sky was a really weird loving movie.

"I swallowed your cum! THAT MEANS SOMETHING!"

It's a great movie and that's a great line.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really hope Eric does a Blame it on Outer Space for Art Bell's passing. He's a true hero and he will be missed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AceOfFlames posted:

Or Robin Williams playing Hunter S. Thompson.

It's amazing to me that nobody got this idea. Like Depp was okay in The Rum Diary but Williams would have been much better in that role.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just smh if you haven't already seen every terrible movie that exists

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bright is good actually.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The most recent Nexus was S-Tier as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Entire History of Wolverine was worth it

BONE CLAW IS READY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Same, but for Infinity War. I was firmly in camp Cabin, and I rated it even more harshly than he did.

I thought they didn't like Infinity War? Must have crossed the wires in my brain somehow...

edit: Just saw Solo today, and unironically just now excitedly clicked a button to hear some fat New York hipsters talk about it (just kidding, you guys aren't fat) ;)

precision fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 2, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is a fantastic episode, but holy good god they didn't even touch on half the most baffling/weird things about the movie, like the way it's shot as if it's an arthouse mixtape

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shirec posted:

I want that little voice clip of Steve saying "deleted it!" to use everywhere

I'm tempted to make a WHM soundboard that's nothing but Gallagher and Pauly G impressions

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AceOfFlames posted:

Regarding this latest Animation Damnation EP (Thundercats)... Is it just me or was Chris Cabin high as gently caress?

I'm pretty sure that's always the case. They joked about the art of "green prepping" for a movie as "Cabin-ing it up" once.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just looked and they've never done The Village, that is definitely gonna be my next request month nomination

Because holy poo poo that is a very, very silly movie

You've got Adrian Brody fartin' around and a whole bunch of horse poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Acht posted:

So I'm loving WHM, even when I haven't even seen the movie they discuss.
I also listened to some of How Did This Get Made, but that became very annoying, very quickly.

Is there another comedic movie podcast anyone can recommend?

The Worst Idea of All Time podcast is pretty good. Well, season 1 is good, season 2 is less good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In all seriousness I knew about "tae gently caress" as a slang additive but I thought it was a Scottish thing, not Irish.

It is, as far as I'm aware. Irvine Welsh sure uses it a lot in his books.

Speaking of which, the boys really do need to see Trainspotting 2, it is - dare I say it? - better than the original.

edit: HOLD THE drat PHONE, when did they do commentary tracks for the first two Twilight movies? How did I miss that?!

edit2: Oh, they're all recent-ish. I just didn't scroll down far enough on the Patreon page :downs:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Soup du Jour posted:

https://youtu.be/IebxXb9O5KU

Stuff like this makes me wish for more WHM fan content

I don't even know why I'm laughing, but I am

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ohrwurm posted:

I'm ready for tonight

my god that movie is so amazing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

END ME SCOOB posted:

The new logo that just popped on the Patreon: not so hot on it!

the first time i saw it i was like "ow, my eyes!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
has any other longtime fan started to just turn off the Marvel episodes? they're so mean-spirited now, and they have the most weird stuff that seems like they're not self aware at all - like they'll make fun of comic book nerds who nitpick plots, but then Chris will do that exact thing and not as a joke

or they'll make fun of alt-right shitheads for being all "wokeism gone mad!", but then they'll do the same "woke-ism has gone too far" thing by talking about how you "can't show sex in movies anymore", and it's like... the exact, literally exact same tone and argument and it's like :psyduck:

when they're not angry they're still great, but man... i just can't with the anger, mostly from Cabin and Jupin :(