Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

bonzibuddy64 posted:

We killed our dog Daisy because she had tumors in her eyeball.

Monster.

I let all my animals suffer to the end. But I was kind and withheld food and water so they starved to death before they died of whatever was killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Monster.

I let all my animals suffer to the end. But I was kind and withheld food and water so they starved to death before they died of whatever was killing them.

See, this is sensible.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, “Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can’t save all these starfish. You can’t begin to make a difference!”

The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied, “Well, I made a difference to that one!”

The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
And the starfish thought gratefully,

"

"

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
euthanasia is actually fairly loving cool, OP. thats why they all take turns at the shelter, so everybody gets to do it :)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Yo, imma blob posted:

euthanasia is actually fairly loving cool, OP. thats why they all take turns at the shelter, so everybody gets to do it :)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Superconsndar posted:

A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, “Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can’t save all these starfish. You can’t begin to make a difference!”

The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied, “Well, I made a difference to that one!”

The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved.

Redneck version.

Starfish wash up on the beach

"YYEEEAAAA HAAAWWWW!!!!!"

The sound of dozens of AR-15s rattling off rounds as a bunch of drunk hillbillys shoot starfish.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

When my poor old dog got terminally ill, I agreed with Fluffy in that it was wrong to choose to end his life. He was in so much pain though. I just started hanging around a lot of cops until nature took its course.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Superconsndar posted:

The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he picked the girl up and threw her as far as he could into the ocean, screaming "THIS IS A LIFE LESSON FOR YOU, YOU LITTLE poo poo!"

She drowned and all the other starfish died.

The old man ran around high-fiving everyone and then went to a bar and got laid

I edited it to make it more true to life.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Superconsndar posted:

This but with a needleful of Sodium Pentabarbitol instead of a starfish in your hand.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I started a job at an animal shelter six weeks ago and we have euthed some animals since and I was okay with every one of them, because they were all facing indefinite suffering with no chance of rehabilitation. It did not make me happy, because it is sad when a life ends, but I would like to have the same dignity afforded me if I become terminally ill.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Personally in my opinion I think it's not very nice to have a dissenting opinion. Maybe you should make a thread devoted to that :ohdear:

I really can't see any other way to resolve this. I don't think it's a good way to think about things. Death isn't a nice thing and pets should only experience the nice side of life. They are very good and they are innocent in ways that we aren't so we should try to preserve them all the time. There's no reason to end their lives when their lives will end naturally in the safety of their own homes.

For instance I don't think there's any reason really to treat things like we own them either. They are our partners in life and the way that we refer to animals like we aren't just animals too is totally out of scope with everything else in the world.

Like this one commercial I saw on AFN when we were in Okinawa definitely treated animals like 80th class citizens and it just rubbed me really wrong and it probably got a ton of animals euthanized/killed.

I remember the first time I looked at my dog while tripping mushrooms too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
hey fb you know our state has euthanasia for people too right? we have right-to-die here, it's okay, we can do the same for our animals too!

• Locked thread