Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Well the circular firing squads and ideological purges definitely hurt the left's ability to effect change, but I don't think you can make value judgements about it, IE activists should shut up and take what they can get. That might very well be the best option for them, but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Minarchist posted:

Tumblr leftism is really creepy and seeing the poo poo they do in the name of "justice" is outright disturbing. I'm okay with helping out institutionally disenfranchised people (despite my username im more of a syndicalist/mutualist) but the hashtag crowd and "check your privilege" sorts really irk me since they operate in a super authoritarian fashion and brook no dissent from the established curriculum of "right" thinking.

This /pol/ post kind of sums up what I think of the SJW crowd:

I'm really worried about my little cousin, she's 12 and is already into self harm, homestuck, and ponies and is on the internet ALL DAY and its a matter of time before she finds these people and I don't want her growing up with that kind of toxic mindset :smith:

So are we at the point now where we're unironically quoting /pol/?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dazzling Addar posted:

it is my heartfelt belief that all of this handwringing about extremism, tone, and alienation is simply a red herring for the real issue modern leftists face: once you get through it all, learn the things you need to, and start seeing with both eyes open you come to the crushing realization that the world is already over and the fight was decisively lost long before you ever had a chance to join it

well if your goal is a utopian marxist revolution that will eliminate need and want forever yeah, because that's bith impossible and mostly unnecessary

• Locked thread